• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What would you add to make it better

I believe this is already possible. You can be best friends with someone if you always help them, talk to them, invite them over to your home.
You can be enemies with someone if you hit them with your net, trap them with pitfalls, push them, and rarely talk to them.

I don't know what you mean by a deeper level, though. If you mean more interactive, then I guess that's a good idea!
Oh, well that's cool. :eek:

And yea, I meant more interactive. XD

You may not know them, but they ARE out there. Just like a 5 year old was forced to take therapy and classes because she "shot" her other 5 year old friend with a bubble blower. Same for a child (6 years old) who was suspended for doing a finger gun, which we all knew to do if playing cowboys and cowgirls. That's something innocent, but society has made it so these kids are deemed as "doing terrorist actions"
That's really not the fault of the child. It's the fault of parents who fear monger. And the majority does not view children as terrorist because of this. Just the over-sensitive minority of people who decided that innocent children's games will somehow hurt them. Left to their own devices without the input of those people, most of those kids would be completely unfazed by playing with toy guns and literal 'hand-guns' and continue life as a completely normal human being. Just like my grandfather did when he played cowboys and indians. Just like I did when I played with a bubble gun.

Are you sure about that? If people, kids included, actually "knew the freaking difference" between the two as you say, there would not be beastiality in the first place, there wouldn't even be a word for it.
xD What? Uhm. No. Bestiality does not exist because of animal characters in media. It exists because of the wiring of a person's brain, just like any other sexual fetish. That isn't the fault of anything but a genetic misfire. Most children don't even know or comprehend what sexual attraction is before they hit puberty. |:

You don't understand because its an action you obviously have some support for. Relationship wise, I'm saying, so don't take this the wrong way or try to twist it into some way. Yeah, you can wish it, but it really won't stop me from saying it. See? That's what I'm talking about "people and animals shouldn't date" is nowhere near to the actual conversation it would lead to. Then would come the "why's" and all the details that are included there. I was unfortunately there for that conversation. Which was way more in depth and worse than "don't date animals"
You seem to be missing the breach of games/real life again. Do I want to date an animal character in a game where all the characters I will be interacting with are animals? Well yeah there's no one else to date. Do I want to date an animal in real life? Uhhh no. Also "But why?" Because in real life animals are not built the same way as we are. Like trying to put a puzzle piece where it doesn't belong." The conversation only goes where a person takes it...

It actually is a huge risk. And the "minority" you mean, is actually a big part of it. A lot of kids can't buy games on their own, they have to get their parents to buy it because they don't have money or a job for themselves since they're young. If a parent sees a game that they find unsuitable for their kids, unfortunately, they also decide to generalize all other games by that developer as the same. And cross dressing did pull the same reaction. Which is why Gracie was changed from being a drag queen man, to a female. Sadly, I see the same happening to Julie the male unicorn.
Ed's still a boy, and I always assumed he was a girl because he has eyeshadow and eyelashes. Also, Parents who get up in arms about little things like this ARE in the vocal majority but the physical minority. Most parents seem to look at a game's rating, judge on that, and buy the kid a game. If they don't just buy the game because their kid wants it. You seem to imagine this group is a lot larger and more damaging than it is. If that was the case, I think the Tortimer incident I mentioned would have caused more ruckus than it did.

I would love to be able to be in a relationship with one of the animals, preferably Aurora or Frappe. <3

Just as long as it stays "Hello Boyfriend" and like hearts and the dance emotes and stuff. I wouldn't want nor would I expect a wedding or children. But then the tragic day would come when your animal comes up to you and says "I am going to move out in two days, sorry." Then it's instant heartbreak and I think that'd upset some kids, because the animals are programmed to move out and get on with their lives.

Yeah but I'd figure that a villager like that would be flagged to not move out all willy-nilly since they've become special to the player.

We're getting into an area now that's beyond what's at hand here.
Japan is a vastly different place, and so they perceive things differently than middle America mothers. Having the choice to couple with the animals in game, that's one thing. But again, it's gotten a bit too heavy here.

Also... Gracie isn't the first character to original be a male in videogames. Be it one means or another, there are a lot that have come from Japan and had the operation when they hit Western shores. Poison from Final Fight, Vivian from Paper Mario: TTYD and even Birdo from Mario.

If you want to go out dating someone, marry them... Play Harvest Moon or something to that vein.

More fruit and flowers.

O_O That'd be so overwhelming omg.
We already got so many new fruits and I think it is one or two new breeds of flowers, not to mention bushes which have flowers.
Yes for future ACs, but it'd be too overwhelming to add more to ACNL.

So you blame parents? Lol alrighty then. And I'm not going to get into the rest since you are being pretty closed minded about it and basically going "NO NO NO WRONG NO"
Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that, and if you really must insist on continuing, shoot me a PM as I'm sure we've derailed this topic enough.

I already knew Ed was a boy, at first I thought he was a girl because of his color, but he's not as "feminized" as Julie is. I wouldn't mind having him as a snooty or big sister type of female character, but if they decide to keep him male, I hope he has the smug personality.

Oh, another thing I would've liked to see is other "stalk" market items

We already got so many new fruits and I think it is one or two new breeds of flowers, not to mention bushes which have flowers.

We need at least another species of flowers..
They added lillies and irises and they're pretty much identical...
If they were going to add new species at least make them differ

We need at least another species of flowers..
They added lillies and irises and they're pretty much identical...
If they were going to add new species at least make them differ

Yeah that's true, but I think the bushes cover it.

When I was writing the post, I thought there was already enough, but I guess the more variety, the more fun we will have breeding flowers and decorating our towns!

I won't continue Loviechu, I am not the one with the burden of proving my point. I simply made an innocent, albeit controversial (and apparently more controversial than I expected), suggestion.

More things I'd like to see added:
-Bat villagers. I love bats, they're so cute! They could even be more active in the evening and through the night!
-I'd like a wider array of houseplants as well. Maybe flowers like morning glories. I love those so much!
-While I'm talking about plants, more trees and things to grow around town sounds wonderful to me! Tough bamboo sounds absolutely wonderful to me on it's own! I love the bushes too. I kind of wish we had berry bushes that grew berries like trees grow fruit!
-I'd like to see morning aerobics return. As a child I was never able to wake up early enough to see what it's like and I've always wanted to try it out! It seems too cute to just never use again! (And Copper's work out attire is positively adorable! x3)
-I'd like more video game system themed decorations. Just little nick-knack styled furniture to sit on a table. Little accents like that do a lot to make a room look nicer!

(Note, I only have Population Growing and Wild World, so if things I've suggested are in City Folk, feel free to let me know!)

I'd like more ability to customize the houses via WHERE they go. Like how things like clocks and what not are so high on the wall. I'd like to be able to adjust the height of wall items, even put things above or below them if there is enough space. And on the floor, make the "grid" more complex so we can rotate and move objects closer together or just so they aren't locked by a limited grid.

Kind of like how in the Sims you can do the moveobjects code and get items to be placed in a more natural way.

Also! The ability to place objects meant for your house, outside. Like have an option to make them objects so that if you're tossing them out for any other reason, they stay leaves to not take up room. Some indoor objects would be much better outside. And I think more customization outside would be even better. Community projects are a good start, but to make something truly individual, I'd want more.

The ability to choose terrain/climate. Maybe at least before being able to choose a map, you are able to choose a "region" you are going to. For example, a tropical area, forest area, desert area, mountainous, etc. That way villages can be even more unique because they wouldn't all be the same basic temperate area.

I won't continue Loviechu, I am not the one with the burden of proving my point. I simply made an innocent, albeit controversial (and apparently more controversial than I expected), suggestion.

More things I'd like to see added:
-Bat villagers. I love bats, they're so cute! They could even be more active in the evening and through the night!
-I'd like a wider array of houseplants as well. Maybe flowers like morning glories. I love those so much!
-While I'm talking about plants, more trees and things to grow around town sounds wonderful to me! Tough bamboo sounds absolutely wonderful to me on it's own! I love the bushes too. I kind of wish we had berry bushes that grew berries like trees grow fruit!
-I'd like to see morning aerobics return. As a child I was never able to wake up early enough to see what it's like and I've always wanted to try it out! It seems too cute to just never use again! (And Copper's work out attire is positively adorable! x3)
-I'd like more video game system themed decorations. Just little nick-knack styled furniture to sit on a table. Little accents like that do a lot to make a room look nicer!

(Note, I only have Population Growing and Wild World, so if things I've suggested are in City Folk, feel free to let me know!)

I was just thinking the other day how bat villagers would be cute.

Would you make them more "realistic" (aka wings instead of hands) or more "Soniclike" (aka have wings on their back like Rouge)?

It would be nice to see more species of trees. Trees come in all sorts of wonderful shapes and sizes and colors. It'd be nice to see some variety there too. The same old basic evergreen and basic deciduous trees is kind of very bland.

Ironically enough I never gave my personal stance on it. I went by what I've seen with my own eyes and things I've seen go bad before when it came to Nintendo and some of those features :L

I do agree there should be bat villagers. Same with chinchilla villagers. I would love nothing more than a cute chinchilla neighbor
I never understood how to do the morning aerobics and would be jealous of the villagers doing aerobics while I just sit there running around :<

The ability to choose terrain/climate. Maybe at least before being able to choose a map, you are able to choose a "region" you are going to. For example, a tropical area, forest area, desert area, mountainous, etc. That way villages can be even more unique because they wouldn't all be the same basic temperate area.

That would affect the bugs and fish present though, at least it should, but it shouldn't....
But yes moving wall items up and down would be great, I hate how high some of them are. But I am just happy we finally have wall items.

Ironically enough I never gave my personal stance on it. I went by what I've seen with my own eyes and things I've seen go bad before when it came to Nintendo and some of those features :L

I do agree there should be bat villagers. Same with chinchilla villagers. I would love nothing more than a cute chinchilla neighbor
I never understood how to do the morning aerobics and would be jealous of the villagers doing aerobics while I just sit there running around :<

Oh my gosh yes Chinchillas would be so adorable. I love how cute those critters are!

As for how the bats would be designed... I'd say that they'd look more 'realistic' body wise. They'd have arms but they'd have itty bitty wing bits hanging off of them instead of having big scary wing arms. Kind of looking like fancy sleeves or something.

Kind of like this:
250px-Yagyu_Attack.jpg

That would affect the bugs and fish present though, at least it should, but it shouldn't....
But yes moving wall items up and down would be great, I hate how high some of them are. But I am just happy we finally have wall items.

I don't think it would affect the bugs/fish at all since they are already all technically wrong as is anyway.

Oh my gosh yes Chinchillas would be so adorable. I love how cute those critters are!

As for how the bats would be designed... I'd say that they'd look more 'realistic' body wise. They'd have arms but they'd have itty bitty wing bits hanging off of them instead of having big scary wing arms. Kind of looking like fancy sleeves or something.

Kind of like this:
250px-Yagyu_Attack.jpg

Odd that Sonic has those kind of bats but Rouge, who has even been in videogames, is completely different.

Sonic-Channel-Rouge-sonic-channel-31456117-864-1240.jpg

This is making me miss my chinchillas :(

For some reason I thought of the bats with oversized ears like the cats and their arms would be thin wings with hands on the end, kind of like swoobat from Pokemon.
GAH CUTENESS WENT WAY OFF METER WHEN I JUST IMAGINED SEEING A BAT OR CHINCHILLA VILLAGER DOING THAT SHRUNK DANCE ;-;

Odd that Sonic has those kind of bats but Rouge, who has even been in videogames, is completely different.

View attachment 3059

Granted, those bats belong to the Archie-Comics canon. I like their design better as it's more realistic compared to Rouge's. Though Rouge is one of my favorite Sonic characters, and my favorite female in Sonic game canon.

Back