• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What would you add to make it better

Hi folks,

Just tossing in my two cents - I'd only add or change one thing about this entirely perfect game. (Or at very least I think it's perfect).

I'd add the ability to choose the locations of the neighbors' houses, essentially dictating where they move in. I only say this because I've lost a lemon orchard to a moving-in neighbor, and I wouldn't want that to happen again, to myself or to anyone else.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Would love your opinions.
~ Marie

I agree. Being the mayor you'd think that Isabelle would inform you that a new villager is going to move in and ask you where you think their house should go. It's kind of weird that they can just toss their house anywhere and screw up things you've laid down like flowers and trees.

It's also aggravating when neighbours move into a pathway, or right in-front of another building. Would be great if you could choose where to build neighbours houses, it would prevent us from worrying about where neighbours are going to move in and destroy our items.

More community projects would be cool, like a swimming pool that your character or villagers could swim in (and maybe swimsuits could be sold too for it), or a swing set that your character could sit and swing on. :)

I agree. Being the mayor you'd think that Isabelle would inform you that a new villager is going to move in and ask you where you think their house should go. It's kind of weird that they can just toss their house anywhere and screw up things you've laid down like flowers and trees.

I would PAY for an update that would fix that.

I mean, who do they think they are? The mayor?!

More community projects would be cool, like a swimming pool that your character or villagers could swim in (and maybe swimsuits could be sold too for it), or a swing set that your character could sit and swing on. :)

I wish villagers in general could swim. How cute would it be with their little swimsuits.

A bigger beach with room for things like some sort of ball game (doesn't have to be as animation intense as volleyball), but something. Also umbrellas and towels on the beach and villagers "getting a tan" would be nice.

I wish you could put stuff on the beach. Period. I would love a bench or beach chairs on there. Or a volleyball set. It doesn't even have to be interactive. COME ON NINTENDO LET US DO THE GAME IDEAS D:

Putting a decorative towel and umbrella on the beach would be so cute! I could see our characters plopping down on them like beds. Could also be a way to get a tan in the summer!

It's also aggravating when neighbours move into a pathway, or right in-front of another building. Would be great if you could choose where to build neighbours houses, it would prevent us from worrying about where neighbours are going to move in and destroy our items.

I would PAY for an update that would fix that.

I mean, who do they think they are? The mayor?!

Tee-hee! I'm glad that some of you agree!

Indeed, you'd think that mayor status would give you the authority to pick their house locations. I mean, at the risk of sounding like a dictator, city (or town) planning should definitely fall under the scope of 'mayor jobs'.

I might not go so far as to pay for an fixer-update :p but it's still the only minor issue that I have with the game.

Glad to hear your perspectives.
~ Marie

I wish villagers could upgrade their own homes.

And dish out more money for projects. "Yes punchy, I'm glad you want to pay me 3,000 for this rug, but can you donate more than 50 bells to the project? Oh, you don't have any... Ok. No punchy, I will not sell you this fruit for 2,000 bells."

I wish villagers could upgrade their own homes.

And dish out more money for projects. "Yes punchy, I'm glad you want to pay me 3,000 for this rug, but can you donate more than 50 bells to the project? Oh, you don't have any... Ok. No punchy, I will not sell you this fruit for 2,000 bells."
Oh my gosh yes. This so much.

What with not paying much (when they obviously have a lot of money to burn!) and not pulling weeds in the past games... >> sometimes I feel these villagers are bigger freeloaders than the player character if they never pay off their house debts! At least the player takes care of the town. xD

Please don't allow villagers to upgrade their houses, they will take up all my town room, not to mention finding them will get increasingly harder with all the extra rooms to search in.

Oh my gosh yes. This so much.

What with not paying much (when they obviously have a lot of money to burn!) and not pulling weeds in the past games... >> sometimes I feel these villagers are bigger freeloaders than the player character if they never pay off their house debts! At least the player takes care of the town. xD

Maybe they could add something where the more you interacted and became better friends with villagers, the more they would help with donating to projects and pulling weeds? That would encourage people to talk to villagers more. :)

Exactly. Then they decide to talk down to you when they think your house is too small. Maybe we should talk down to them when our house is castle size and they still have their little...barn size house :rolleyes:

I totally agree on the being able to dream with friends thing. That would be so cool. Kinda hoping that'll be the new american version feature.

As per one of my threads, choice of race. If you care why, you can check it out :p

Maybe more species of fish/bugs? I mean there are already tons...but adding more wouldn't hurt I think :)

Some sort of sports element. Like a community project to build a hockey rink, soccer field, etc. And the animals would have little pick up games. Then you could ask to join and it'd be like a little minigame...and there would be prizes etc. Might be too much to ask, but it really would be SO cool.

More community projects to build cool buildings..and then actually being able to somewhat control what the building is/what its named/what it sells/what animal works there etc. Like for example lets say I wanted to build a shop, and I wanted it to sell only sofa furniture, or dresser/desk things. Might be getting too specific here again, but it would really be a cute feature.

More functions for tools! What if you could dig a moat with your shovel? Or dig a really big hole in the ground and fill it with concrete then create a community project for a skate park on top of it?

Animals using the internet! For example, I play this iOs game called Tiny Tower, and they have whats called the "bit book" and if you click on it, you see all the tiny tower inhabitants making statuses on their facebooks. It could be simple, like posting a status, liking an animal's status, and being able to send them a message. Or it could be like a twitter type of thing. You would just have to buy the computer furniture and set it atop a desk.

All these things are pretty farfetched, but they might be fun additions. :)

Back