• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What would you add?

Dandie

⋆ Shoot for the moon! ⋆
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Red Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
If you could add anything to New Leaf, what would it be?

For me, it would be:
-More places to go (Maybe another island that you could live in)
-No grass wear (You could choose in town hall)
-More villagers (Like 15 in one town)
-More design slots (I don't want to make another character to put down paths!)
-A bigger house (Like, 4 rooms on every floor)

Don't forget:
-Isabelle stops telling you, "There's no room!"
-You could build your house on the beach.

What would you add?

Last edited:
Definitely more villagers.. But also, I'd like it if you could make your villagers keep their default clothing.. I'm not very good at designing things, and the designs that are pre-loaded don't look good on some villagers D:

Definitely more villagers.. But also, I'd like it if you could make your villagers keep their default clothing.. I'm not very good at designing things, and the designs that are pre-loaded don't look good on some villagers D:

Yeah. Or you could tell them "Here's some clothes!" and they would wear it.

Resetting a villager's clothes changed them to their default outfit, not gym shirt.
Build a house on the island/another island
No grass wear omg

More storage space. That's the only thing that consistently bothers me in this game.

Last edited:
More villagers
Sub town ordinances,
easier way to get villagers out
That's about it- also bigger island gift shop..

- When you visit a dream town, you should be able to write a message/letter to the mayor of that dream town.

- Generally, why can you only send messages to people you've added as "best friends"? It would be so much better being able to contact anyone from your 3DS friend roster in New Leaf.

- A bigger town. So you can have at least 15 villagers and more space for PWPs.

- Add the Wild World or GC soundtrack. The New Leaf soundtrack is one of the few things in the game that I was disappointed about. Rather have the old, decent one instead of a new, boring one.

- being able to befriend Isabelle (you should be able to send her letters etc.)

- more slots for designs so you can use more designs at the same time. Why have such an awesome feature as the design and QR thingy when you can only use 10 of them at once?

Last edited:
More villagers and to be able to build your house wherever even if it's to close to the river:L

Before I start: There's a reason Isabella tells you 'there's no room'. It means the way the game is programmed it acknowledges that issues could arise by putting things too close together. There is a reason for such a feature, so I think it should stay. Cluttering things together would look ugly.

-Bigger town.

-Being able to make friends with ALL the NPCs. Copper. Copperrrrr.

-Much, Much MUCH more spaces for clothing designs. I'll have used up all the possible space I have in a year's time and I'll be forced to rely on QR codes to have some of my older patterns.

-The choice of where to put a new villager who's moving in. Isabella could let you know that someone wants to move in and that you should speak with her and the Town Hall. You can go and choose where the house is, or if you don't go because you can't bother with that, the house will be randomly placed.

-Letting stores stay open just a littler later than some of them do without the night owl ordinance. They close way too early, and I like having a beautiful town more. Even an hour later for some of them would be just fine.

-The balloons should have dropped more than just slingshots and balloon furniture. That novelty wore off within a week.

-Better music. Seriously, the town music feels tropical a lot of the time. The island should feel tropical. That makes sense. The town is not a tropical paradise so the music should feel more like it did in Population Growing.

I want Blathers to blather about the things I donate!

I agree on the balloon drops, grass , and a number of thins others have already mentioned too!

I don't think I disagree with any of this, minus the Isabelle issue, where opposing opinions have been stated :p
I do think that Isabelle is a tad too conservative about PWP placement. You can always tear down a PWP if it gets annoying.

I would add more dialogue "tiers", so that what villagers say reflects how long they've lived in your town. Already on their first or second day they start talking like they've been living there for as long as you have.

When a villager is about to move to your town you should be asked where you would like them to live, being the mayor and all...

It would be awesome if you could unlock a second town, like after having a perfect town for a few months or something...

We should be the game designers damn it!

It would be awesome if you could unlock a second town, like after having a perfect town for a few months or something...

We should be the game designers damn it!

Omg that would be amazing! Like the town of _____ is so impressed with your Mayor skills they would like you to be the Mayor of that town as well!

Some of what I would add has been said already, but I also think that it would be pretty cool to select an environment for your town at the beginning. Like, you could choose between living in a mountain town, coastal town, etc. It would make it even more fun visiting other people as well!

Back