What's something in a non-horror game that creeped you out or scared you? (Wether or not it was intentionally scary or unintentionally scary.)

Chronos314_XD

Most Likely to Die First in a Horror Movie
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I remember when I was very little (like 4 or 5 I think) my family owned an OG Xbox, one thing I remember about it was when you would leave the Xbox on the console's operating system, these strange futuristic alien like sounds would play in the background. They really creeped me out considering how the menu didn't have background music if I remember, so hearing the sounds out of nowhere scared me out a ton. Apparently I learned the reason those sounds were placed in the OS was to make the Xbox sound more futuristic or something. I'm not scared of the sounds anymore obviously but I think the reason they creeped me out so much is that the first time I noticed them was because like a lot of little kids my age, I would wake up at the most random hours in the night and just play with toys and stuff until my parents would force me to go back to bed, but anyways one night at around 4 or 3 in the morning I remember walking into the living room, my dad was sleeping on the couch and the Xbox and the TV were still on, it was completely dark besides the light coming from the TV, and while I was walking over to the kitchen the sounds from the Xbox began to play, it creeped me out a ton and I went back to my room as quickly and as quietly as a could to avoid waking up my dad. I think that was also one of my earliest memories with anything video game related lol.

I was like 5 or 6 when we first got a GameCube. Various things scared me that were not meant to be horror, though I guess a couple were meant to be negative to deter you from turning it off without saving.

For some reason the sound the GameCube makes if you turn it on without a disk inside freaked me out so much. I don’t really know why exactly, I guess it just sounded like something going wrong.

And then Animal Crossing actually had a couple of these things. Both the gyroid face that happened if you turned it off while visiting another town, and Resetti coming and yelling at you for turning off in your own town freaked me out so bad. Like “oh god I messed up and it’s all ruined and everything is my fault” 😭😂 The gyroid face really was so creepy looking, I’m not sure why they ever did that cuz I don’t think I was alone in being scared by that. Guess it makes sense they got rid of that part.

Back