• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's the best Animal Crossing?

What is the best Animal Crossing game?

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World

• Animal Crossing: Amibo Festival

• Total voters

CrossingVibes

𝔸𝕟𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕍𝕚𝕓𝕖𝕣
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
This post will be deleted after 72 hours! Let me know which game is best!

poor happy home designer and pocket camp

poor doubutsu no mori, diubutsu no mori+, doubutsu no mori e+, and dongwu senlin

anyways, cube crossing is best atmosphere or such idk, but there's something it has that no other does. wild world is best localization, new leaf is best item variety, and new horizons is best creativity imo

New leaf and new horizons come close but new horizons wins for me because of the simple fact your villagers don't randomly move away.
Also I hate the grass issue and in new horizons you can decorate outside alot more ... and though graphics isn't everything, I do like the detail new horizons has.

I just wish more inspiration would have been taken from wild world's music.

They are all so unique :')
The first Animal Crossing released in America had so many additions compared to the versions released in Japan(there were more than one) that Nintendo made a Japanese version with the American additions haha
I think the first Animal Crossing for GameCube is really good even though I haven't played it, I would like to do it with an emulator sooner or later. I saw some gameplay and I noticed how many ideas were revived in New Leaf and made it successful.
I'm less familiar with City Folk because unfortunately I never had a Wii, but I noticed that City Folk laid the foundations for the New Leaf shopping street.
Also missing from the list is Happy Home Designer, no one mentions this game but it was literally a pioneer of the series, the first game where furniture could be placed outside, therefore the father of New Horizons.
I voted New Leaf not only because I'm fond of it (even if my first Animal Crossing was Wild World) but because it's the Animal Crossing formula that comes closest to completeness, it has successfully reworked the best features of all the games. New Horizons is obviously amazing, but it feels like a different game.
I hope that in the next game they will remain the more impactful innovations of New Horizons but focus more on the "player's life" and less on design, crafting, collecting etc. Also it would be great if they gave more depth to the characters, I wish they were more rude sometime like in the first games😆 It would be really nice to have a game that delves into character relationships like never before!

anyways, cube crossing is best atmosphere or such idk, but there's something it has that no other does. wild world is best localization, new leaf is best item variety, and new horizons is best creativity imo
That's such a good summary, completely agree!

It's really difficult to pick between nl and nh, but I tentatively went with new horizons, because I love decorating and customising, which has allowed me to put a lot more hours into it, and have more goals to work towards.
But I love ww for it's music, holidays and atmosphere, and I think nl was a more complete, rounded game with less issues.

Decided to vote for New Horizons, but New Leaf comes pretty damn close. <333

i’ve only played wild world, new leaf, pocket camp, and new horizons, and while all of them are special to me in their own ways and i love and had so much fun with all of them, my favourite is new leaf!

new leaf wasn’t my introduction to animal crossing, but it’s the game that really made me fall in love with the franchise, and it was my intro to online play and how lovely the animal crossing community is! i got it on its NA release date, and i remember excitedly sitting in the parking lot of EB games (now gamestop), impatiently waiting on my mom to get her stuff together so that we could go in haha

i have so many precious memories from my new leaf days that it’d take forever to talk about them all, but for me, it’s the game that had the best atmosphere and vibes. it felt like such a cozy, community-oriented game, in a way that new horizons doesn’t really. i loved tortimer’s island and beetle/shark farming, club tortimer, the minigames, all of the little details (the campsite tent being an igloo during winter, your character shivering after you got out of the water if you swam during winter, etc), mini holidays like april fools day and the winter/summer solstices, pelly, phyllis, pete and the post office, learning new reactions from dr. shrunk, the closing ceremonies for the bug-offs and fishing tourneys, etc!! if new leaf had some of new horizons’ features such as the graphics, villagers not being able to move out randomly, and being able to choose where most buildings go and relocate them, it would honestly be the perfect game imo 💚

New Horizons and New Leaf are close, but I went with NH because it's hard to go back to tiny inventory, bad graphics, no outdoor items, the cumbersome pwp system, bland dialogue, and having to monitor and hope you don't miss the ping that your favorite villager wants to leave.

And I know I listed a lot of NL negatives, but I'm playing it and NH side by side right now and it has a mountain of positives too! It is really close between the two, but my only real complaints about NH are that it took over a year for us to get back to a full game and some things are still missing like tour mini-games and upgrades/building progression/Gracie Grace.

In my opinion, New Leaf by a landslide! But, I recognize the influence NH brought to the series.

New Leaf > New Horizons > City Folk > Pocket Camp > Wild World > HHD > Amiibo Festival

Choosing between New Leaf and New Horizons is kind of tricky. They both have their good sides and bad sides, and it can be tough to decide which one's better.

New Horizons definitely wins when it comes to looks and QOL. It's got the best graphics out of all the Animal Crossing games, and it brings in cool stuff like moving buildings and houses, dressing room at the clothing shop, a wardrobe for your clothes, storage, wands, Happy Home Paradise, terraforming, and the ability to put furniture outside. If New Leaf had the same graphics and these features from New Horizons, and be played in 1080p, it'd be a slam dunk.

However, when it comes to the town itself, and everything within, New Leaf takes the trophy. In New Horizons, you're kind of stranded on a deserted island with ocean at every corner and edge. It really feels depressing and isolated from the world. In contrast, New Leaf's town is just stop along a train route. This stop has its own little shopping strip mall that grows and gets better as your town does. Here you can bump into random villagers there, even ones who used to live in your town. Overall, your town feels a lot more cozy, connected, and homier.

I could create a laundry list of comparisons, but we'd be here all day. In the end, the perfect Animal Crossing game would be a mix of New Leaf's great gameplay vibes mixed with New Horizons' awesome graphics and modern features. That'd be a game worth playing for sure.

🏆 Gameplay and town > New Leaf
🏆 Graphics and QOL > New Horizons

For me it's New Horizons. We can place items outside, we can terraform, the idea of the island is very nice, the map is big enough, ten villagers is perfect (twelve would be better but it's personnal), crafting is fun if we forget we can only craft one item at a time, new NPC are interesting. Of course, it's not perfect. Online is not fun with all the dialogues, events are repetitive and look all the same in my opinion, I miss Tortimer island, I miss Resetti and the buildings even if we found some in the dlc even if we can't really use them... Yes, the game isn't perfect, I have a lot to say about it but it is well done. I don't want to be back, to see in a future game any of the news deleted. Graphics are so nice! I can't wait to start again :love:

Back