• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What’s the last game you finished?

Funny, my last game that I finished was FF1 Pixel Remaster.
Before that I played FFV but so far I couldn't get myself to finish the final boss (the final stretch of this game is tough as nails for some reasons). III I couldn't bring myself to play yet because I basically heard how it's a watered-down job system version of V with less story. That's why after I, my plan is now to go for IV and then for VI.
You might prefer the 3D Remake of FFIII over the original/pixel remaster. It's not an enormous improvement, but it's a little bit easier and slightly less esoteric than the original. There is seemingly an attempt to expand the game's narrative and flesh out the player characters, but it's rather quickly discarded. And the final dungeon in the game is a bit of a slog. Overall, FFIII is fine for what it is, but it is considered one of the weaker entries in the series, so no shame in making use of the Pixel Remaster's QoL features to get your way through it.

FFV is also considered a weaker entry in the series, but it does have its defenders. I haven't played it yet, though.

You might prefer the 3D Remake of FFIII over the original/pixel remaster. It's not an enormous improvement, but it's a little bit easier and slightly less esoteric than the original. There is seemingly an attempt to expand the game's narrative and flesh out the player characters, but it's rather quickly discarded. And the final dungeon in the game is a bit of a slog. Overall, FFIII is fine for what it is, but it is considered one of the weaker entries in the series, so no shame in making use of the Pixel Remaster's QoL features to get your way through it.

FFV is also considered a weaker entry in the series, but it does have its defenders. I haven't played it yet, though.

Already played that on DS - I'd prefer the pixelated artstyle tho ;-)

FFV is actually (much) better than I expected but it has its weaknesses. The story (while there) is rather bad compared to games like FF4 (and that one isn't poetry by todays standards). The combat is good but I found myself actually using the boost mechanic in later sections because grinding takes way too long in V. Also: Some difficulty spikes come out of nowhere.

Lonesome Village. It was well worth the $20 in my opinion. I got a lot of play time out of it. The art style is very cute, the puzzles were fun, and it was entertaining overall.

It could use a few improvements, like with the dialogue system. The villagers don't have any conversational dialogue; they just give you quests or move you along through the story. I still took enough cues to create my own headcanons, though.

While the story did have an ending, it felt like there was an opening for more. There are also plenty of buildings that never got unlocked. So if they ever do a DLC update for the game, I would be interested.

I finished Pokémon HeartGold today after about ~121 total hours. Whew! People really weren't kidding about the amount of post-game content it has, and I didn't even do everything. 😅 This was actually my very first Pokémon game, and while I'd just about completed it on my first playthrough as a kid, I'm glad I went back for a proper replay. Got all the legendaries (that don't require trading), collected all 16 badges, and finally defeated that source of much frustration for younger me, Red.

XCOM2 Base game - now I'm halfway on War of the Chosen (the expansion - which is kicking my buttocks) and halfway on Tears of the Kingdom (which I'm slowly getting fatigued by ... any game would fatigue me after 70 hours of excessive play).

Do demos count? It's demo season on Steam and that's what I've been playing lately.
If so, then the Dinoblits demo is the last one I've finished.

After a little over 49 hours, I'm finished with Pokémon White! 🤍 I did all the postgame story stuff, explored the full map, caught available legendaries and became Unova League Champion! I never made it very far into White when I was a kid, but I really liked all the little improvements and upgrades from the Gen 4 games. I'm looking forward to starting up White 2 for the first time next! ^^

Disgaea 4 complete+ for switch, was quite fun even if I'm not very good at this kind of rpgs!

I think a little to the left? Or 100% achievement finished, sallys face which was a LOT of fun

Zelda totk! But I’ll keep playing even after having finished the main story.

Just finished Dredge and the DLC for it, absolutely amazing Eldritch horror-inspired fishing game!

Jenny LeClue Detectivu! It's SO good I need the sequel so badly.

uhh, I guess Pikmin 4 since I did receive the credits/results screen for it, even if I'm not fully finished with it just yet.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. Really enjoyed it, even though I ended up with the one flute I didn't want...

Time to use that password and start up Oracle of Seasons, I guess.

TOTK, I finished it a couple of weeks after it came out and haven't had time for anything other than light gaming since then. I'm tempted by Ace Attorney on sale rn though.

In terms seeing the credits roll, last game I beat was TOTK. Just about to finish a couple of other games too, so that will be nice!

A few days ago I finished the Legend of Zelda; Wind Waker HD. It took me a while..
Also it's the first Zelda game I've ever beaten! I really love the story. ^^

it took me a stupid long time considering it's my favoutite game series, but I finally 100% We <3 Katamari Damacy Reroll!

Back