• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenOctagons

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0775-4839-8091
Mine has to be I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones. I get obliterated every time I say that to someone :ROFLMAO:.

OR

'Clubbing' is overrated, might just be me but I can't think of anything much worse than standing in a packed crowd.

Mod Note:
Last time we allowed a thread for sharing unpopular opinions it resulted in several big arguments that required hours of staff clean-up. Eventually, we made the decision to close it for the reasons outlined here. If there is any sign of this thread going the same way as that one we won't hesitate to lock it.

On a lighter note: Immortals Fenyx Rising is better than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Mod Note:
Last time we allowed a thread for sharing unpopular opinions it resulted in several big arguments that required hours of staff clean-up. Eventually, we made the decision to close it for the reasons outlined here. If there is any sign of this thread going the same way as that one we won't hesitate to lock it.

On a lighter note: Immortals Fenyx Rising is better than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
No problem.

Ain't trying to stir up anything, just a bit of harmless fun :)

I honestly don't really have many unpopular opinions that are worth noting. I saw the ones I posted in the old thread and I would say my stance on those is not nearly as strong now (except, ofc, that low rise pants/shorts suck).

i think one of my best unpopular opinions is that older country music is actually good. ive met so many people who don't like country music. I especially like the 80s-90s stuff.

'Clubbing' is overrated, might just be me but I can't think of anything much worse than standing in a packed crowd.
my mom and I were just talking about this yesterday, how she sometimes used to go to clubs w friends in the early 2000s. there's no way on god's green earth I would go clubbing 🤣🤣

I honestly don't really have many unpopular opinions that are worth noting. I saw the ones I posted in the old thread and I would say my stance on those is not nearly as strong now (except, ofc, that low rise pants/shorts suck).

i think one of my best unpopular opinions is that older country music is actually good. ive met so many people who don't like country music. I especially like the 80s-90s stuff.

my mom and I were just talking about this yesterday, how she sometimes used to go to clubs w friends in the early 2000s. there's no way on god's green earth I would go clubbing 🤣🤣
I wasn't around on this forum when that other thread was shutdown, how did so many arguments start :LOL:

70s/80s/90s music is what I listen to the most :ROFLMAO:. There's very few modern songs that I like, they're a rarity.

If I'm gonna drink, I'd rather gather a small group of friends and go to the pub (very British lol) or someone's house.

I wasn't around on this forum when that other thread was shutdown, how did so many arguments start :LOL:
I really don't know, I didn't go on that thread much at all and I wasn't even aware that there were heated arguments going on in there (though I'm not surprised). I've been on this forum long enough to expect stuff like that, though if I was aware of the arguments I would've reported it.

I really don't know, I didn't go on that thread much at all and I wasn't even aware that there were heated arguments going on in there (though I'm not surprised). I've been on this forum long enough to expect stuff like that, though if I was aware of the arguments I would've reported it.
Me and my mates always ask each other for unpopular opinions, so I thought I'd create a thread on here. I hope people keep it civil as I find it interesting in reading peoples opinions :ROFLMAO:

Lightning round with video games: I don’t like 3D Zelda games and all of them are just okay, most Mario games are just okay, Smash bros isn’t good, Pokemon Gen 6 better than 5 and 5 has become extremely overrated, Sly Cooper is extremely underrated, R&C 1 is the best one even though it’s rough around the edges, Spyro Reignited is a trash remake (ok game on its own, but really Flanderised the tone and aesthetic of the original games, I can literally go on for hours with my complaints), Spyro 1 is WAY better than 2 or 3 even though those are still good, Skylanders is actually awesome and better than Spyro was, people need to stop considering the Skylanders games as a Spyro spinoff and lumping the series with eachother (all it did was make both fandoms more toxic), Giants is one of the weaker Skylanders games Imaginators is actually decent and Trap Team is without a doubt the worst one and a really bad game.
And for a bonus: I’m one of those rare people who thinks Kid Icarus Uprising is just okay, it sure isn’t a masterpiece, it‘s worth playing and has some really good pieces, but it also has other awful design choices. And I’m indifferent on the controls. That’s more of a rare opinion than anything… KIU is very love or hate

Green is one of the best colors. It’s just that some shades of green are really bad and people seem to remember those. If I had to rank how much I like the colors of the rainbow it would go red>purple>green>blue=pink>orange>yellow. (The real unpopular opinion would probably be saying yellow is your fav color lol but I also rank green>blue=pink)

I’m not saying that Queen are overrated but I’ve never been able to get into their music. Part of that is definitely because it was overplayed but as much as I respect their talent and ideas I’m not into the feel of their songs. I admire more than I enjoy them. Bohemian Rhapsoday still transcends that, oops. XD

I don’t know enough to say it’s better confidently but I like Fragile more than Close To The Edge. I like The Royal Scam more than Aja but there are a lot of opinions on what the best Steely Dan album is anyway. More than Yes albums.

It shouldn’t matter if something is “art” and debating that isn’t really interesting. Sarah Z made a long video where she spoke about what defines fanfic and that’s more interesting, debating what defines a medium. However, “art” is too arbitrary and people attach too much worth to it, as well as implying low-quality works aren’t art (quality is irrelevant, as long as art exists, bad art will exist). If you can find meaning or philosophy in something you should focus on that and it has more merit than just calling it “art” as if that makes it deeper or is really important to the enjoyment of the piece. Debating the work is more interesting than that semantic would ever be and it needs to go away already.

I absolutely hate sandwiches. I think the bread just gets in the way of taste and texture with other ingredients. Eggs on toast are nice. Burgers are ok because buns =/= bread and they offer something unique, especially if they have seeds. Sandwiches = too much bread. Also: whole grain bread is simply better than standard bread.

Most men could pull off and look good with long hair tbhimo. This point is definitely biased but I’m not even as into the look anymore (it used to be that I only found men attractive to me if they had long hair, but now I mellowed out and can appreciate short hair if it looks full) and I still feel too many men are scared of giving it a chance/unfairly turned down for having long hair. And finally to me long hair isn’t that hard to take care of and I’m saying that as someone whose hair goes down to their thighs.

Last edited:
Lightning round with video games: I don’t like 3D Zelda games and all of them are just okay, most Mario games are just okay, Smash bros isn’t good, Pokemon Gen 6 better than 5 and 5 has become extremely overrated, Sly Cooper is extremely underrated, R&C 1 is the best one even though it’s rough around the edges, Spyro Reignited is a trash remake (ok game on its own, but really Flanderised the tone and aesthetic of the original games, I can literally go on for hours with my complaints), Spyro 1 is WAY better than 2 or 3 even though those are still good, Skylanders is actually awesome and better than Spyro was, people need to stop considering the Skylanders games as a Spyro spinoff and lumping the series with eachother (all it did was make both fandoms more toxic), Giants is one of the weaker Skylanders games Imaginators is actually decent and Trap Team is without a doubt the worst one and a really bad game.
And for a bonus: I’m one of those rare people who thinks Kid Icarus Uprising is just okay, it sure isn’t a masterpiece, it‘s worth playing and has some really good pieces, but it also has other awful design choices. And I’m indifferent on the controls. That’s more of a rare opinion than anything… KIU is very love or hate

Green is one of the best colors. It’s just that some shades of green are really bad and people seem to remember those. If I had to rank how much I like the colors of the rainbow it would go red>purple>green>blue=pink>orange>yellow. (The real unpopular opinion would probably be saying yellow is your fav color lol but I also rank green>blue=pink)

I’m not saying that Queen are overrated but I’ve never been able to get into their music. Part of that is definitely because it was overplayed but as much as I respect their talent and ideas I’m not into the feel of their songs. I admire more than I enjoy them. Bohemian Rhapsoday still transcends that, oops. XD

I don’t know enough to say it’s better confidently but I like Fragile more than Close To The Edge. I like The Royal Scam more than Aja but there are a lot of opinions on what the best Steely Dan album is anyway. More than Yes albums.

I absolutely hate sandwiches. I think the bread just gets in the way of taste and texture with other ingredients. Eggs on toast are nice. Burgers are ok because buns =/= bread and they offer something unique, especially if they have seeds. Sandwiches = too much bread. Also: whole grain bread is simply better than standard bread.

Most men could pull off and look good with long hair tbhimo. This point is definitely biased but I’m not even as into the look anymore (it used to be that I only found men attractive to me if they had long hair, but now I mellowed out and can appreciate short hair if it looks full) and I still feel too many men are scared of giving it a chance/unfairly turned down for having long hair. And finally to me long hair isn’t that hard to take care of and I’m saying that as someone whose hair goes down to their thighs.
Very interesting read! :) Green is my favourite colour. I like Queen's music but don't listen to them often. I love eggs on toast!

I can't comment on the last paragraph, unfortunately I wouldn't know! :LOL:

i think that dominos pizza is gross, i had it once a few years ago and it didn’t taste right. i feel like they use too much cheese and not a lot of tomato sauce. im a papa johns kind of person.

Hooray, another green appreciator! :D I love how many uses it has. Emerald or shiny aesthetic, weird spacey colors, toxkc/dangerous colors, nature, even royalty with some dark greens.

I totally forgot this but 2016 was actually an awesome year. Some bad stuff started that year but within the year itself that was the best year of my life personally and I liked what a rollercoaster ride it was. It never got boring. Honestly been downhill since then and 2018 was a bad year idk why so many people liked it.

i think that dominos pizza is gross, i had it once a few years ago and it didn’t taste right. i feel like they use too much cheese and not a lot of tomato sauce. im a papa johns kind of person.
Me and my dad argue this all the time! He prefers Papa John's over Dominos. :ROFLMAO:

My order is: Dominos, Papa John's and then Pizza Hut. My preference but I do like all 3.

What you said about the sauce, I feel like that's what Pizza Hut do, they can never get the balance right between the tomato purée and the cheese :LOL:

I've had a few encounters where people exclaim, "YOU DON'T LIKE BACON?" when I tell them. I don't like sausage or ham either.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: don't worry, I eat loads of foods that people gasp at when I mention it, we're in the same boat. Peanut butter; mash potato sandwiches; mackerel on toast to name a few.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: don't worry, I eat loads of foods that people gasp at when I mention it, we're in the same boat. Peanut butter; mash potato sandwiches; mackerel on toast to name a few.
I love peanut butter and now you have me curious of how this would taste! I'll have to give the combo a try.

My (hopefully low-stakes) unpopular opinion is that when living in college dorms, it's better to room with someone you know rather than a complete stranger.

College counselors and advice articles that I read back in the days said that rooming with a friend/someone you know would damage your relationship with them but now, I think that's only if you or that friend are not mature enough or close enough to have already straightened out manners and politeness expectations. I think it's much harder to ask a stranger to not cross your boundaries, especially since you don't know ahead of time if that stranger cares about you as a person. At least with a friend or acquaintance, you already have a base line of respect for each other (hopefully).

My (hopefully low-stakes) unpopular opinion is that when living in college dorms, it's better to room with someone you know rather than a complete stranger.

College counselors and advice articles that I read back in the days said that rooming with a friend/someone you know would damage your relationship with them but now, I think that's only if you or that friend are not mature enough or close enough to have already straightened out manners and politeness expectations. I think it's much harder to ask a stranger to not cross your boundaries, especially since you don't know ahead of time if that stranger cares about you as a person. At least with a friend or acquaintance, you already have a base line of respect for each other (hopefully).
That would be ideal, I agree with you. It's just that its quite rare for friends to go to the same college/university (here in England anyway). You could meet someone new though if you room with a stranger :)
Post automatically merged:

I’m against marriage in general. Nobody should get married. Why get the government involved? Plus, it’s too much hassle and paperwork if it doesn’t work out. Be in a committed relationship without getting married.

I hope this thread doesn’t get derailed, lol.
Ok this is the one I agree with the most so far. Way to much hassle, the prep for it and the cost of it! Why not just bind a relationship together with trust rather than paperwork! :ROFLMAO:

I've had a few encounters where people exclaim, "YOU DON'T LIKE BACON?" when I tell them. I don't like sausage or ham either.
Heh.Your post reminds me of the time I told an older friend that I didn't like Pink Floyd.His response was like that scene from The Lord Of The Rings when Gandalf gets mad at Bilbo for taking him as a "conjurer of cheap tricks".It was like my friend got really big,the sky darkened and there might have been a bit of thunder and lightning when he said in a very loud voice,"YOU DON'T LIKE PINK FLOYD??"Nah....still don't like 'em.

sypn9ovw8zt71.jpg

Mine have already been listed above. I do like sausage and ham, however.

My controversial opinion is that driving is overrated. I have everything I need at home because I have a WFH job, can just order groceries and food, and don't need to go anywhere (except for martial arts practice). Having a car, paying for it, paying for gas, and paying for insurance is costly, especially when people like me already have student loans and finding a place of my own to worry about. Not to mention the gasoline cars emit into the atmosphere is terrible for the ozone layer. People place so much importance on climate change being real, but then go ahead and continue to drive gasoline cars like it's no one's business (TBF though, the alternatives aren't widely viable yet).

Please don't @ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back