Where have you travelled to lately?

skarmoury

˚₊‧ eyes on me ‧₊˚
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Not limited to out-of-the-country/town trips! Can be at a museum or coffee shop you've always wanted to go to for a while, a public library where you wanted to rest or read books at, or even just a nearby park c: Share pictures and stories if you'd like!

I went to Taiwan recently c: I bought SO MUCH stuff, especially desktop items and cute things 😭 I bought merchandise of my favorite franchises that I can't normally buy in my country, including some Popmart blind boxes (Azura Natural Elements) and MyGO!!!!!'s first album Meisekiha c: Also got to take lots and lots of pictures of my Ena nuigurumi!

02001B9F-38D5-44AE-ADB2-44D654103803.jpeg

How about you guys, where have you been to lately? ^^

The only place that qualifies as interesting enough to mention is Disney World with my mom and friend. We went last year, but we are going again in three months. I love these trips since I haven't been to many theme parks and it's a fun experience!

For international trips, I'm interested in visiting New Zealand. No reason in particular, but my favorite flavor of Mountain Dew happens to be a New Zealand exclusive. Also, I love tropical climates, hence my intense hatred for winter and cold.

I went over to Rhode Island to visit one of the beaches! In CT our beaches are in the Long Island Sound so they don't have the waves you expect from an ocean beach. So this was a treat! =)

EQmuwQH.jpg

I went to Florida twice last year to visit my extended family. Other than that I haven't really been anywhere. I was considering going to California this summer, but that didn't happen.

I visited the Caribbean last month, to the island of St Lucia. I’ve been to a few places in the Caribbean some years back but this was my first time here and it was stunning! The island is so lush and green, the sea and beaches are beautiful (very typical of the Caribbean) and the people were so lovely and friendly, if money was no issue I’d be back in a heartbeat.

Coincidentally we were there during the cricket and our hotel hosted an event one evening for dignitaries and the teams that were playing there at the time as the stadium was pretty close by (think it was the Australian and Scottish teams) - not that I really got to meet them but was cool seeing some of them there and around the hotel that evening 😂

My last big trip was to Portland, Oregon for my mom's major surgery. My other mom and I went to Powell's bookstore downtown, which is one of the biggest bookstores in the world, and got a few books. We also took a hike through a forest and had some tasty Chinese food as takeout. On the second day I went to an anime goods store and picked up a few Pokémon stickers and charms. Everything else in the store was expensive and I just wanted something small. I also got my tattoo touched up by my artist since it lost too much ink and looked faded during the initial healing process. Since then it has finished healing for the second time and looks much better!

I went to San Diego for Comic Con recently, which is always a lot of fun, but also so much sleep deprivation. It was last weekend, and I think I've only just now started to catch up!
I do love how the whole of downtown really gets involved in the event, though.

Before that I took a trip to Portugal and Spain with some alums from my high school and I think it'll will be a cherished memory for a very long time:)

The most recent place I visited was Japan in October-November last year. We usually go every other year to visit family/travel around the country.

My most recent trip was a flight to Denver, followed by a train ride back home to California. The plane ride was fun, though the descent into Denver was particularly rough this time which had my stomach feeling a bit upset for a couple hours after landing, which was a first for me! The ride back on the train was incredible though, lots of great scenery, lots of amazing people, and the cherry on top was watching the Union Pacific "Big Boy" steam locomotive (the largest steam locomotive in the world, last used in regular service in the early 1960s and this one was recently restored by Union Pacific) passing us by in the opposite direction while I watched from the back window. I knew it was coming even before the conductor announced it (I had actually booked this trip specifically to see the Big Boy in motion) and as soon as we passed the station at Truckee, California and I had finished my lunch I immediately went to the back window to watch. I waited for over an hour at the back window for the Big Boy to pass, and it ended up being well worth the wait!

I've never traveled internationally, but I do have plans to visit Spain in 2026 for the total solar eclipse that year, and will likely be traveling for the one in 2027 as well. But first I need to start saving for that...

(Audio is cut shortly after the start because passengers behind me were having a conversation, and I wasn't sure if they would be okay with me keeping it in the video)

in may and june, I visited barcelona, granada, seville, and madrid! some of my favorite things I did were I went to a flamenco show and a paella cooking class and I saw one of my favorite artists perform. also, the food was nothing short of amazing.

a few weeks ago I traveled to eastern Ohio (pretty close to Wheeling WV) to visit my grandma for the first time in forever 💗 but besides that I haven't been traveling much. hoping to take a trip to Ontario again soon 😊🍁

I went to London in June to see Spirited Away performed live. I'll be flying back to England next week too, working in a town on the south coast.

Back