• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) gorilla villagers? 🦍

Best villager?

• Al

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Boyd

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Cesar

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Hans

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Louie

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Peewee

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Rocket

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Rilla

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Boone

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
the only gorillas i like are violet, cesar, rilla and boone 💖
i chose violet because she is my current favourite but that might change once i get rilla

the worst is rocket because she is just so ugly
also boyd, hans, louie and al 🤢

Boone is my favourite gorilla, hands down. I also really like Rilla tbh! And Louie gets a pass. But I really don't like the rest tbh; I wish they had better designs because I could like them a lot more, I think the mesh is very well done for this species

I don't like hating on whole species in the game but I really dislike the gorillas, I've tried finding something good about them but I just can't though it's nice to see that they're getting some love in this thread. I voted for Peewee, I think the plainer designs work better for the gorillas and I like his blue colour scheme, plus he's cranky which is a personality I like and one that seems to suit the species well.

The worst ones for me are Al, Boone, Cesar and Rocket. I feel like Al and Cesar should be alright as they have relatively plain designs but Al just looks like he's unwell and Cesar seems to have had a big disaster with some fake tan, he's too orange. Honestly my biggest reason for disliking Boone is that he shares my birthday (it's petty I know) but Peewee has his birthday just one day before so if I had to share it with a gorilla why couldn't it be him? I don't like Rockets design as I'm not keen on helmet wearing villagers and because I was convinced Rocket was a jock and it turns out that she's sisterly.

Reactions: Mu~
This is easy...considering gorilla villagers are my least favourite overall...

Best: Hans
The only gorilla villager I would even consider. Hans is based on the yeti and has a nice winter theme. He was in my mythic/fairy tale town in NL and ok for a smug.

Worst: Rilla and Rocket

Where do I begin? I would have said every gorilla other than Hans but...I would have to choose Rilla and Rocket.

Rilla is supposed to be based around Hello Kitty...yes a big hefty gorilla is supposed to represent a cute white cat franchise, one of the biggest franchises in the world. Let that sink in. They really dropped the ball on that one.

Rocket is another one of the "superheroes" (not you Kid Cat <3) that I can care less about.

Reactions: Mu~
There are a lot of gorilla designs that I like! Boone is my #1 favorite, because of being a big, tough Jock and for being based on a Mandrill, the most colorful of the monkey family! I also really like Violet for her fur color, lipstick, and jewelry! Very Boho Chic and stylish. I think Hans is one of the most creative designs in the game, since he's based on a Yeti (makes me wish we had one based on Bigfoot!). And the Peewee fans here have made me really warm up to his design too.

Also I think there was a thread that showed the 'lil butts of the various gorilla villagers and I thought that made their design so cute!

I think the gorilla designs I don't like are Boyd and Rilla. Boyd looks like he has a bowl cut and I don't like those weird cheeks. And Rilla, well, something about those lips are unsettling. I think because they look like they're inside out? And I don't like pastel, cutesy designs so she's on my bottom tier for that reason too.

Best: Peewee! He's one of my fav cranky villagers, and he's in my WW town so I have a soft spot for him.

Worst: Al.

My favorite is a tie between Caesar and Boyd. Caesar was a favorite in Wild World, he was the first villager to ever give me a photo and he lived right next to my house.

I’ve never had Boyd, and I know he is one of the most unpopular villages over the entire series, but that’s one of the reasons I like him. I’d say about 75% of the islands I travel to have Marshal or Raymond or Judy or Audie or Ankha or one of those really popular villagers. I have never seen Boyd, and his design doesn’t look that bad either, in my opinion. Definitely one of the villagers on my invite list, and I’m considering buying his amiibo.

The worst would be Rocket. She’s just... so unappealing to look at. I like all the other superhero villagers, but Rocket, just no. No, god no. Please, no.

My favorite is a tie between Caesar and Boyd. Caesar was a favorite in Wild World, he was the first villager to ever give me a photo and he lived right next to my house.

I’ve never had Boyd, and I know he is one of the most unpopular villages over the entire series, but that’s one of the reasons I like him. I’d say about 75% of the islands I travel to have Marshal or Raymond or Judy or Audie or Ankha or one of those really popular villagers. I have never seen Boyd, and his design doesn’t look that bad either, in my opinion. Definitely one of the villagers on my invite list, and I’m considering buying his amiibo.

The worst would be Rocket. She’s just... so unappealing to look at. I like all the other superhero villagers, but Rocket, just no. No, god no. Please, no.
I’ve considered buying Boyd’s amiibo too. His nose is so cute and I just generally like gorillas anyways. I have not seen him in game yet tho.

I'd have to say Cesar! I'd love to have him in my village at some point.

Least fave is either Rocket or Violet. I'm not big on any of the superhero characters, and Violet refused to leave my NL town for months...

I am definitely not a fan of the gorillas at all, but Peewee will always have a place in my nostalgic heart; he was one of my first villagers in the OG animal crossing game!

as for worst gorilla?— all of them? lol jk but for real I’m not a fan of how they did my boo hello kitty like that with choosing Rilla to represent her! Out of the 34 other different species they could have chosen from, why?

i haven't had any gorillas ever, if i remember correctly. that's so weird because i've had almost every other species but i just really don't like gorillas. i voted rilla though because she's hello kitty but a gorilla idk i don't love her though

Rocket and Boone are my favourites but Hans is good too. I have Boyd’s amiibo card and Al was in one of my first towns ever so I’m kind of fond of them.

I like Cesar. he's cool and his house exterior in new leaf is cool too. But i think his eyes should have stayed the way they were in the gamecube games. it's not a big deal, but he used to look so much more passionate (or sad?) - either way, he seemed to be more soulful.
1708729839136.png
vs
1708729947969.png

My least favorite's rilla. her cartoonishly yellow hair and huge lips look a little funny.

361909285_643072497787102_8995879914567098415_n.jpg
298089766_430449492382738_8862785671835144814_n.jpg

Gorillas.....gimme Hans Gruber and Boyd.I've had Hans since the early days of New Leaf and picked Boyd only because I was looking for a large red villager to add some color to my island but he turned out to be a favorite of mine.

Time to update the gorillas 🦍

Hans > every other gorilla villager

Seriously though...gorillas are like the worst. My tastes have not changed.

Rilla is still terrible to look at. What were they thinking? Were they thinking at all? Probably not because Rilla got through Quality Control somehow, some way. She still does Hello Kitty unjustice and that is unforgivable. Anyway...another hated gorilla villager on equal hate as Rilla is Al...

I never thought of Al much at first until I recently did his HHP house. Very creepy. That is all I have to say. Never going on my island.

not the gorillas 💀 i do not like them at all, hans is okay at best and the rest are... no.

my least favourite are definitely al and rilla. al has terrible colours and the freakiest eyes ever. rilla is horrific and i feel we were shafted by her existence, we have a villager who is supposed to represent hello kitty and she's a gorilla???? with soulless eyes and botched lip filler at that??? get her away from me. an abomination. shame.

Honestly, I don't really like ANY of the gorilla characters

I mildly accept Rilla because of her introduction in New Leaf in order to get the Hello Kitty items that was available in her RV. Otherwise, I would not have bothered with her at all

I don't like gorillas, but I can at least tolerate Peewee, Violet, Rocket, and Rilla the most.

Al is the absolute worst out of all of them.

Boyd is my favorite gorilla. Once I had him on my island and got a closer look, he looks a bit like a Cuphead character, so I liked that.

My least favorite is Al...and probably always will be. He just looks sick or something.

Gorillas are probably my least favorite. If I did have one on my island it would either be Louie or Cesar. The worst would be Al . he is just a weird shade of yellow and as others have said he looks sick.

Back