• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) lion villagers? 🦁

Best villager?

• Bud

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Elvis

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Lionel

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Leopold

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Rex

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Rory

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Mott

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters
I think my favorite lions are Elvis, Rex, and Lionel. Rex is such a sweet looking lion and reminds me of a little nursery lion doll. Elvis, because he has a nice natural color and I love his scars! I bet he has some pretty cool stories about them! And I like Lionel because of how much he looks like a refined aristocrat. I had him in my New Leaf town and he was a nice guy to have around.

My least favorite is Leopold. I don't like his green mane and he looks like a neckbeard. No thanks.

‘he looks like a neckbeard’ is my favorite description of the day 😂

I voted for Leopold and Lionel. Mott is ok, Rex and Elvis are all right. Rory is cool cuz he kind of has a Chinese Guardian Lion look going on. Bud is hands down the. worst.

The best and only good lion villager is Lionel. The rest are all just so offensive to the senses that I do not pay attention to their existence. Worst species in the game haha

My favorite is, of course, Lionel. Part of this must be because he was one of my first villagers ever. But, I continue to find him funny when he sings and dances and generally acts goofy. he’s smug but he can also be very silly. sometime ago another villager gave Lionel a gift of a muscle shirt he wears it from time to time and it is hilarious.

Leopold is so cute. I love most of the smug villagers and he is no exception. His green mane and preppy attire is just perfect. I've also had King Elvis on my island and he was pretty great. I'm looking forward to eventually inviting cute Rex and Lionel too.

i voted for mott cuz i love his little beard but elvis is great too !!

worst for me is bud because he moved into my new leaf town without warning years ago and i hated him instantly

Not a big fan of the lions but I'd have to say Elvis and Rex are the best of the bunch. And Bud amuses me.

Least favorite is Mott and I'm also not a huge fan of Seteth Leopold

Best lion villager, imo has to definitely be bud. He looks suuuper chill. He’s definitely that dad friend who speaks words of wise wisdom when you need it.

Worst has to be Leopold. I see him EVERYWHERE LOL, i’ve gotten him four times on mystery islands. Like be GONE

My main man Bud 😎 lookin' cool in his pink shades, walking 'round in his pineapple aloha shirt, and not only that... He's my birthday twin! August 8th, Leo oooh yeah 🦁 He's got tropical vibes for daysss so naturally he fits in any tropical island aesthetic. Surfs up!

My other fave lions are His Majesty Elvis, Prof. Leopold and lazy lion Rex~ all three are awesome and adorable. Lioness villagers would have been cool tho

Least fave is Mott ugh, he looks like the typical frat boy who's had one to many.

Personally, I like Rex best. I've got his Amiibo and he's a cutie. He's just got a nice, classic lion look- very sweet but also rather regal. Also, the lazy personality is probably most fitting for a male lion when you think about it, lol. I also have a soft spot for Aziz (he was only in the first game, RIP) because, when my BFF and I picked in-game boyfriends, he was mine until he moved away. And I "stole" Pierce from her 😝

Worst... I'd say maybe Rory, his face fluctuates between cute and ugly to me, lol. And I like Elvis, but I feel his name doesn't fit him at all. YES I get the reference, I just think his design is full-on "medieval king" and not at all "rockstar called a king" and he should've honestly had the name Rex instead. But I'm also not at all an Elvis (the singer) fan, so maybe I'm biased?

Lions are such a cool animal, but something about the way they designed them in AC is off putting. Mott and Elvis are okay. Aziz and Jubei might be nice too if they ever bring them back.

Also where are the lionesses, lol.

Leopold is my favorite lion for sure! I have him on my island now and he's one of my favorite smug villagers. I love his preppy clothes and that he has a classroom in his house. I guess I'm partial though because I'm a teacher, so any time a villager has a school-themed house I think it's super cute.

just like many others im not a fan of the lion villagers, thought if i had to choose my favourite it would be lionel. least favourite would probably be rory, im sorry, but his design just isn’t doing it for me

lionel's my favorite lion, he looks like a fancy mayor or professor.

don't vibe with mott at all, he looks so off-putting. the lions in general are pretty ugly tbh

I have to agree with Rory as the best lion villager. Partly because he resembles a "lion-dog" (Pekingese); I had two Pekingese when I was younger. And secondly, he's goofy looking, but also has some charm to that goofiness.

Edit: Also, lions are my favorite animal. It's a shame they came out so ugly in AC. /: So I had to at least get 1 lion.

Last edited:
Not a really big fan of any of the Lions. If I had to choose I'd go with Mott. Had him on the island for about 2 months and there wasn't anything wrong with him, just not a big fan of the Jock Attitude Villagers. I did get his card and have him listed as a potential return one day.

Back