Who has actually read the Bible?

Have you read the Bible?/ You're opinion on its teachings.

• Total voters
Nope, I've never read it.
I don't plan to either, not because I disagree it like your poll option said, just because I don't wish to follow a religion - but each to their own.

I'm not Christian but a while ago I started reading it because I was interested in learning more about religion. Didn't get too far. It's an old book so it was written in a way that was way too boring for me.

to be honest, its long, hard to read, and the words are tiny.

But then again I am an Atheist.

Nah, I'm not religious and so never felt the need to, plus, all English versions of the were horrifically mistranslated so there would be no point.

Like a lot of people think that the Bible is super duper homophobic but if you look into the original text there are times where it seems like the Bible explicitly approves of gay relationships?? IDK you can read about it here if you find it interesting although it's not rly necessary: http://hoperemains.webs.com/ (just a quick warning that it covers some kind of intense/heavy themes since a lot of the themes in the Bible were.... pretty intense and heavy, just like. giving fair warning)

im not religious but i plan to read it because of its cultural significance and moral exposition

i've tried does that count?

i've only got past geniuses then i got confused...

I've read parts of an actual bible, but never the whole one. I've read my 500-or so page children's bible with 30 words per page at max a few times though

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's sad seeing more and more non-religious people..

Yes I've read quite a bit of it! I actually identified as Christian as a kid but reading the bible definitely changed my mind. I really urge everyone who is Christian to actually sit down and read it for themselves. It's nothing like what they teach you in Sunday school ;)

Yes I've read quite a bit of it! I actually identified as Christian as a kid but reading the bible definitely changed my mind. I really urge everyone who is Christian to actually sit down and read it for themselves. It's nothing like what they teach you in Sunday school ;)

I actually find it interesting to read. I don't know why.

I'm a Christian, but I haven't read the whole thing lol
I've read several parts of it, though

we were required to read it in my school's bible class - I've only read and studied a few chapters. I don't really like it though...

Nah, I'm not religious and so never felt the need to, plus, all English versions of the were horrifically mistranslated so there would be no point.

Like a lot of people think that the Bible is super duper homophobic but if you look into the original text there are times where it seems like the Bible explicitly approves of gay relationships?? IDK you can read about it here if you find it interesting although it's not rly necessary: http://hoperemains.webs.com/ (just a quick warning that it covers some kind of intense/heavy themes since a lot of the themes in the Bible were.... pretty intense and heavy, just like. giving fair warning)

Paul said homophobic things, but it's also the only one who never met Jesus, well he said he did see some apparitions of him but I'm not sure the others believe him that much (there are interesting stories about him). Paul was more of an opportunist and I think he has no place in the Bible but that's just my opinion. Also the old testament had laws against homosexual acts but Jesus never said anything about it. Anyway the old testament was more Jewish laws of that times no?

Last edited:
Back