• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Why is Animal Crossing becoming the most frustrating thing ever.

I remember a time. A simpler time. A time when nobody cared about what villagers they had. A time when the terms "dream villagers" and "dreamies" were non-existent. But that's all in the past now.

Excuse me. *dabs tears from eyes* (jk)

I have villagers I want, but I don't solely focus my time on here and on the game to get them. Animal Crossing isn't about that. I'm surprised how hostile people get over virtual animals.

Really? I don't. o-o I played the original when I was really young and even then I wanted certain characters like wolves and more specifically Bob and Kitty to be in my game since they were in my first town (I reset later and I was puzzled, I thought everyone started with the same villagers since I knew nothing of the game and I was really sad when I lost them). The only differences between then and now is that I have people to trade with and I know more about what villagers are in the game thanks to wikis. But either way I did have dreamies when I was little, and if I had known about the reset trick back then I would have loved to use it to get my favorite cat Bob back. xD

Really? I don't. o-o I played the original when I was really young and even then I wanted certain characters like wolves and more specifically Bob and Kitty

totally agree - we've been playing since the GC and while it's definitely ramped up over time with wifi visits making villagers move and now actually inviting villagers instead of getting them randomly, everyone I know always had villagers they loved (and villagers they hated -- Stella is STILL TO THIS DAY living in my original GC town no matter what I do). We had the Nintendo guide for the game and definitely hoped to see certain villagers move in.

I find the online aspect of the game - stalking the boards for your dreamies, etc - makes the game more fun for me. c: But, only in small doses. I like to trade items and look for my dreamies, but I just don't take it too seriously and spend all of my time on the forums instead of actually playing the game. I'm just taking my time finding my dreamies and completing my catalog. I find if I worry too much about checking the boards all the time for whatever villager, it just takes the fun out of it for me.

Back