• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will AC3DS have that same magic?

I can't forsee this game being bad. The primary staple is communication and customization, and they've added to it in TONS of ways.

The streetpass function will be utilized. They have an easy format for DLC if they want to give special items/celebration (I don't think they should allow us to buy any specific set that's already in the game though, that would take the fun out of it), your house is now managed outside, inside, and on WALLS, new characters and character types, a huge playscape with large beach, swimming, at least one island, city, and village, and the cave.

I don't think they could mess this up if they wanted to :3

Every AC was great. Anybody that didn't like the past AC and keep on whining about how Gamecube was the best need to take off the nostalgia goggles.

Every AC was great. Anybody that didn't like the past AC and keep on whining about how Gamecube was the best need to take off the nostalgia goggles.
Couldn't agree with you more! I think that the magic of this one will be that it will be able to stand on it's own, while staying the same. It is an oxymoron that Animal Crossing has pulled off flawlessy since its inception.

Couldn't agree with you more! I think that the magic of this one will be that it will be able to stand on it's own, while staying the same. It is an oxymoron that Animal Crossing has pulled off flawlessy since its inception.
I'm glad someone else here feels the same way on this subject as me. People use nostalgia to cloud their judgement of what is at its core a better game.

I'm glad someone else here feels the same way on this subject as me. People use nostalgia to cloud their judgement of what is at its core a better game.

I see where you're comming from.

But I don't think there's much a problem with people who still feel ACGC was the best. It was a brand new experience. It's where I started, and it's the only reason I held onto my gamecube for so long. It seemed tough to beat. I loved WW. I did like the ball in the GC version, and that there were 4 different houses, but WW was still incredible! Animal tracks really put a damper on my CF playthrough. I didn't like restricting what I could and couldn't do for the sake of aesthetics.

BUT, both games added LOTS of material and gameplay mechanics. I still think I liked WW more. I have great hopes for AC3DS.

I see where you're comming from.

But I don't think there's much a problem with people who still feel ACGC was the best. It was a brand new experience. It's where I started, and it's the only reason I held onto my gamecube for so long. It seemed tough to beat. I loved WW. I did like the ball in the GC version, and that there were 4 different houses, but WW was still incredible! Animal tracks really put a damper on my CF playthrough. I didn't like restricting what I could and couldn't do for the sake of aesthetics.

BUT, both games added LOTS of material and gameplay mechanics. I still think I liked WW more. I have great hopes for AC3DS.
I actually started backwards!I first played WW and recently I got my hands on the Gamecube version!I personally prefer the gamecube version,for me iT's the most relaxing(so far!)Of course I haven't played CF so I can't really judge it,but I don't like that animal tracks feature!I would alwys run around my town!But,then again,it might be a nice feature!

After WW I could never comeback back to the grid view in the GC version. Though i do miss a lot of the small things like the junkyard, kicking balls, and collecting NES games. I think the 3DS version will have some new magic, it's nice to see the graphics being updated a bit, and the level of customization is what I've been waiting for years! :)

I feel like AC:3DS may be the best of the bunch. As much as I liked WW and City Folk, I felt like they were playing it safe too safe.
Hats and accesories were awesome additions, but I WW and City Folk were pretty much the exact same game.

AC:3DS is looking awesome because it's something really different visually and the whole concept of being the mayor of the town is brilliant. Also, they're adding a TON of new features to keep it fresh, while bringing back some little things from the GC animal crossing to give it that nostalgia factor. (I'm especially glad to see that you can sneak again with the net!)

Overall, I don't think that any game series can ever live up to the hype of the very first installment, I feel like AC:3DS will give it a run for it's money

I kinda feel that AC3DS is kinda trying to nibble off the fans of the Gamecube so they can enjoy the newer ones.
But mostly I feel like this game will be awesome. No exceptions.

I genuinely enjoy ACGC the most, nostalgia or no.

The game was fun, and I spent more time on it than I did on WW and CF put together. With WW, I enjoyed it but didn't play it as much due to it being a handheld, and I can only handle so much of that. Which is one thing I worry about AC3DS for me personally.

CF was.. okay. I dunno, I just really did not enjoy CF as much as I thought I was going to. It was fun my first time through, doing the normal AC stuff like paying off all of your debts, completing the museum, etc. Then it got slightly more interesting when I got to WiFi with people, but ultimately I lost interest quickly due to not being able to find anything to do that I hadn't done already.

But every series has it's not as good games. I'm sure AC3DS will be much more enjoyable and have lots more to do.

To me, AC3DS is looking like the best of the bunch. I love how they are including things from the original AC, like the island and train tracks, and how they are adding a lot of brand new features at the same time.

I feel the same way, Special Operative Blaire! :)

It's like the developers of Animal Crossing noted all our wishes down over years, and now they finally unite all of them in one single game.

I just hope that there will be lots of the original holidays as well, since I adored the cherry blossom festival and the sports fair.

And after all, the Animal Crossing-magic depends on its players. For me, the games were interesting as long as there was a community to share it with. I love to meet people from all over the world, to talk to and play with them. To share things and designs, to sell and buy items. To write letters to each other and send presents. To write a diary. The games became boring when there was no one to play with anymore, and I'm sure that this won't be the case with AC:3D for a looong period of time.

Yes! I'm sure it will. From the videos, it looks like the producers have really thought about what us fans want and put it all in! The life of the game is really the villagers (well, ok, apart from my dad, who totally ignores everyone so he doesn't miss out on any fruit picking oppurtunities), and they seem to have added even more life to them! Like, the new species, personalities, voices, heights etc. I am confident that it will be filled with that same Animal Crosing fairy dust! ;D

I have no idea. I guess it'll vary from person to person... When you're playing it... You'll just know if it has that "same magic" you describe it as.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure it will. For me, the "magic" in question is felt when you first get introduced to a series. Nostalgia will get me for sure. I do think I'll feel similar magic, but not the same. It's gonna implement various features from the previous games which will give it the nostalgic feel but with added features of its own it'll certainly feel a bit more magical. It's almost like knowing what you're going to get for Christmas but still feeling excited when you open it up and there's something else with it.

Also I found some interesting information here
And some speculated rumors

Last edited:
I completely agree with the above. So far none of the AC sequels have matched that feeling I had when playing ACGC.

Completely unrelated, but the transition from store owner to real estate agent has made Nook pretty greedy.

>New kid moves into town
>Give them a house

>New mayor moves into town
>Give them a tent.

Yes it has the magic because it is on a handset so you can take it anywhere, thats personally one of my favourite things.

I believe it will have the same magic as the GCN and Wild World games. City Folk was a disappointment even though it slightly improved on Wild World's mechanics. Haven't been excited for another AC game since.. Well, Wild World.

Based off the Nintendo Direct, I'm going to change my answer. No, it isn't going to be the same magic. It's going to have something even better: it's own magic.
Instead of being compared to the past games, I think Jump Out is going to make a name for itself as the game that found the balance between tradition and progress. I personally think that it is going to break the barriers of nostalgia and be seen as more than just a sequel in the Animal Crossing series.
So no, it's not going to have the same feeling. It is going to create its own feeling.

Based off the Nintendo Direct, I'm going to change my answer. No, it isn't going to be the same magic. It's going to have something even better: it's own magic.
Instead of being compared to the past games, I think Jump Out is going to make a name for itself as the game that found the balance between tradition and progress. I personally think that it is going to break the barriers of nostalgia and be seen as more than just a sequel in the Animal Crossing series.
So no, it's not going to have the same feeling. It is going to create its own feeling.
I can't agree more with you!!!!:0

Back