• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will we all be forced off of ACNL in the year 2050?

Somebody should TT to December 31st 2015 11:59 PM and see what happens.

In regard to TBT, it's always been a bit of a rollercoaster around here with activity. Oddly enough, we've gotten more active in the past couple months than at the launch of the game, as opposed to where we used to decrease around this time. So we might remain this way all the way until the next game's announcements start up.

This board won't go anywhere, hell, we've still got old boards from the Gamecube, Wild World, and City Folk. Take a look through history! http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Animal-Crossing-Wild-World/page130

Bit confused though by the comments saying that it would be terrible to have another console game and they should stick to handhelds. You guys are aware that the series started on consoles right?

In WW when you reach the time limit the game just starts over at 2000, so im guessing thats what happens in NL too.

Also they probably will release an AC for the Wii U, it's technically a next-gen console and an AC release would help shift consoles.
It might not be for a while yet, but one will no doubt come.

Our family's got an Atari tele-games Pong thing (the one you control with twiddly knobs), which we inherited from my grandparents. It's from 1975 and it still works, just about, but there's only one old TV it'll talk to and that's on the way out. When that TV dies the Pong game will be unplayable for good, as newer TVs don't have the analog input socket it requires.

I strongly doubt there'll be any working 3DSes in 2050 - maybe in museums, but not actual in-use machines. The hardware's just not going to survive that long. If anyone's going to be playing ACNL then it'll be someone running it on an emulator as a curiosity.

So excited for my Animal Crossing U <3 Justin's right, it started on a console and it's every bit as fun on a handheld as it is on a console.

In regard to TBT, it's always been a bit of a rollercoaster around here with activity. Oddly enough, we've gotten more active in the past couple months than at the launch of the game, as opposed to where we used to decrease around this time. So we might remain this way all the way until the next game's announcements start up.

This board won't go anywhere, hell, we've still got old boards from the Gamecube, Wild World, and City Folk. Take a look through history! http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Animal-Crossing-Wild-World/page130

Bit confused though by the comments saying that it would be terrible to have another console game and they should stick to handhelds. You guys are aware that the series started on consoles right?

Heh, yes, I am aware though I often forget since my first game was WW.

IMO, AC is just a game that should be stuck with handhelds for true "sequels" or "followups", like Pokemon usually is (minus the stadiums and such). It's much easier to handle... Well, a handheld, than it is to handle a console. And perhaps those of us without a WiiU would be spiteful to have to buy one just for AC*

(*have meaning not out of necessity for life, but out of desire/societal pressure/what have you/I literally forgot I was posting this for like two hours whoOPS)

I totally lost my train of thought hahahha fsdkjfdklsfsgssg I guess what I was trying to say is that in my eyes it's evolved to be more of a handheld game, and that I prefer these as handhelds and blah blah blah words

Those of us that still play it, I'm guessing the clock will just be stuck at 2050, and maybe continue to have New Year's Eve as 2050 every year?
Knowing that I might not be into New Leaf in 2050 is a pretty scary thought.

Not to be depressing or anything, but I'm pretty sure in 2-4 years we will all have our dreamies and perfect towns and not need anything else, and everything here will fall apart. By then, I'm pretty sure a new AC fad will start up again. It's all for time to decide.

Hopefully I'm still alive in 2050. I'd be 65. Hopefully I take after my mothers side of the family.(fathers side seems to die young)

I won't still be playing NL 36 years from now. I'm sure by then there will be some AC game even better then NL on a cool system.

Will Nintendo still be alive then?

Will you still be alive until then?

Back