• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
yes yes yes yes

i loved happy home designer so much, i can't wait to pre-order it and i think the price is more than reasonable for all you're getting. i love decorating so much, it was always my favorite part about the sims series lol.

oh absolutely. i need more content to mentally justify the ungodly amount of time i've wasted on this game

I honestly loved HHD even as repetitive as it was.
Of course! I think this is not a popular stance... but I actually enjoyed playing HHD more than ACNL 😳
So I'm very excited to see HHP
I’m with you on this!

I think I enjoyed HHD slightly more than NL but I did have a lot of good NL memories as well ☺️.

I missed the interactions with the villagers from NL, but had more fun overall with all the decoration options. ☺️

Definitely gonna buy it on day one. Particularly for the unlockable decoration options for the own house.

In my opinion releasing paid DLC (HHP) in the same time as big free update was a really clever idea. We – players = customers will be pleased by new content and more willingly urged to pay for additional content.
Making HHP a part of the main game, not a separate, as HHD is even better idea.
Finally – I vote for “yes” – I would buy it, two copies for both our consoles.

I share my island with my husband. My husband is very interested in the free update features, but has no interest in the HHP features other than partition walls and being able to "fix bad villager houses" on our island (his words). Honestly, that's even more exciting to me. That means I get to freely hog all of the fun decorating things on the archipelago. :ROFLMAO:

It will be interesting to see if any others who share an island with someone has any issues with sharing of decorating things on the archipelago. It almost feels more like a solo thing to me. But I guess it's really not any different than the exterior of the island, where everyone has to share that too.

Of course! I think this is not a popular stance... but I actually enjoyed playing HHD more than ACNL 😳
So I'm very excited to see HHP

While I loved NL, the nice thing about HHD is you could play at your own pace. NL and the previous AC games felt like they punished you to some degree for not playing because of random move outs.

I'm surprised at the overwhelming "yes" vote. I'm one of the tiny percentage who voted "no." ^o^;>

I bought HHD when it was on sale a few years ago, and I liked it just fine, but I didn't feel like it would have been worth it at full price. Maybe HHP will be very different somehow. But it looked mostly the same to me, and I felt like I had my fill of that kind of game the first time. And I don't care enough about decorating my own house to pay for the DLC just to use it in the main game.

If HHP were a free update, or significantly cheaper, I would probably pick it up just to have the additional furniture or whatever items will be exclusive to it. But for the price that it is, I'd probably rather just buy another game entirely.

I also don't have, and don't intend to get, a paid subscription to Nintendo's online service, so any social or multiplayer aspects of the game wouldn't do anything for me, either.

All of that said, the game isn't out yet, and maybe when it is, it will be different from what I expect, and I'll be interested enough to pick it up after all. But the way it looks now, my answer is still a pretty firm "no."

If HHP were a free update, or significantly cheaper, I would probably pick it up just to have the additional furniture or whatever items will be exclusive to it. But for the price that it is, I'd probably rather just buy another game entirely.

I also don't have, and don't intend to get, a paid subscription to Nintendo's online service, so any social or multiplayer aspects of the game wouldn't do anything for me, either.

All of that said, the game isn't out yet, and maybe when it is, it will be different from what I expect, and I'll be interested enough to pick it up after all. But the way it looks now, my answer is still a pretty firm "no."

At first, I was going to say that I think you can probably still trade for any HHP exclusive items, but then I noticed you don't have and don't plan to get NSO.

I understand why you're not interested though. I think it's ultimately up to what you enjoy most in Animal Crossing. HHD and HHP really cater to the types of people who spend most of their time in the game decorating things. If you enjoy Animal Crossing mostly for other things, like filling your museum, playing events, talking to your villagers, collecting items, etc, then you will get a lot less out of it.

Yeah. I never played HHD, and watching HHP was interesting. I'm going to have to make it wacky and eccentric for myself to enjoy it. Like when I saw this segment in the direct with Maple dreaming up her perfect vacay home.

Switch_ACNH_ND20211015_HHP_SCRN_18_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

I immediately thought, "Alright, death by Papa bears it is." So this is gonna be fun.

I'm surprised at the overwhelming "yes" vote. I'm one of the tiny percentage who voted "no." ^o^;>
I'm quite surprised, as many people in the past been not convinced about HHD. I was voting for "yes" - main reason, it will be not a separate game, but a part of existing one.

I bought HHD when it was on sale a few years ago, and I liked it just fine, but I didn't feel like it would have been worth it at full price. Maybe HHP will be very different somehow. But it looked mostly the same to me, and I felt like I had my fill of that kind of game the first time. And I don't care enough about decorating my own house to pay for the DLC just to use it in the main game.
I respect and understand your point. Just not for you.

I spent already 1300+ hours and not planning to stop playing anytime soon, so more options in the game, more places to visit is another reason for me to vote for "yes".

I'm not interested about any social aspect, only playing with my GF and I'm not really connecting this DLC to any social aspect of main game. Being honest, it's quite opposite - as it's more or less addressed to a single player.

I never got HHD back in the day. While I do like decorating, I never have the time to do it in ACNH, there's just so much else I need to do. I'm unsure if I'm going to get it, I'll need to watch some HHD youtube videos to get a good sense of the game assuming nintendo will piggyback off ideas in HHD and put them into HHP.

Absolutely! I'm going to preorder it on the 29th since I have a dentist cleaning on the morning of the 5th. I found HHD a ton of fun and I loved getting creative with the various requests villagers had, so I'm definitely getting the dlc. :D

I plan to get it, but I do wonder if we share the HHP archipelago with the other players on our islands if any or if each player gets their own?? If each player gets their own, do you have to unlock the extra features yourself in order to use them on the main island or do they unlock for everyone as long as one person unlocks them??

If you only get the HHP DLC for one player (say you buy it and use it on a Switch not set to primary so only the main account gets access or get it through NSO and only one player has NSO), does that mean the other player doesn't unlock those features?

If it's designed so you do not share the archipelago, this might be nice for those secondary players (non-island representatives) to get more freedom. It'd mean extra work to unlock everything for all players, though...

I believe Nintendo confirmed there will be no exclusive items.

thats good for pp who dont want the dlc buuut its a dlc i wished there was something special you now, extra,
More etc i mean its a dlc

Back