• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

wisp the ghost

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
Hey guys,
I tried to find out if wisp (the ghost if fhe empty lamp) is still part of the game series?

I couldn't find an answer to this. Ican't see why Nintendo would remove such a cute and helpful feature but didn't find any footage of him either. :(

And if not, did Nintendo remove other features as well?

Wisp is out of the game. Other than getting an item that wasn't catalogged first, he'd be practically useless, since getting weeds in your town is encourage to get certain rare items and even getting some badges faster. You also have the Beautiful Town ordinance, making the weed growth almost non-existent.

This is what I think. They could still gave changedcthe options of wishing (e.g. placing a special community project or so)...

Wisp is out of the game. Other than getting an item that wasn't catalogged first, he'd be practically useless, since getting weeds in your town is encourage to get certain rare items and even getting some badges faster. You also have the Beautiful Town ordinance, making the weed growth almost non-existent.

which badges are effected by weeds? To be honest I never really looked into the badge requirements. Id really like to know :)

Im on the fence, to pick all my weeds, or grow them to do the mini game for furnature!

I saw someone had a lamp in there house, can't remember who posted it on youtube but it was the lamp he used to be found in, is it just an item now?

Wisp is the ghost of your character in New Leaf so, technically you're playing as him.
Just kiddin', but that's my theory.

Didn't he only appear at the break of dawn, and it wasn't even an everyday thing? I'm pretty we won't be missing out on anything.

You're right, but I honestly doubt that he's still in the game and only was not seen yet. I mean, it's been 7 months since the release.

(I'm not sure if I got your comment right, I'm not a native speaker, so sorry if I missunderstood something :))

Last edited:
He is not in the game. His lamp (or a similar lamp) is in the game though as a regular furniture item.

As for other features that Nintendo removed...

-No more Frillard specific Emotions
-No more Auction House
-HRA Model Room is gone
-Redd only sells artwork now and is a town visitor, not a permanent shop
-No more constellations/observatory
-No more Gate
-No more "long cutscene" when going to the city
-No more shoe shines
-No more villager house posts
-No more being assigned a house in one of four areas
-No more Recycling Bin
-No more flea market day
-Christmas, Thanksgiving, Festivale, Easter, and Halloween have all changed
-Plus so much more

He is not in the game. His lamp (or a similar lamp) is in the game though as a regular furniture item.

-No more Auction House
-HRA Model Room is gone
-No more Gate
-No more shoe shines
-No more Recycling Bin
-No more flea market day
-Plus so much more

What's the extent of the changes to the holidays? I haven't really taken the time to look up all of these things.

RIP Wisp
wisp_288x288.jpg

Btw, all those things you mentioned Superpenguin....

It made me all sad and nostalgic.

What if Wisp is in the game, but Nintendo is keeping it a secret? lol random theory

-No more Auction House
-HRA Model Room is gone
-No more Gate
-No more shoe shines
-No more Recycling Bin
-No more flea market day
-Plus so much more

-All emotions can be held.
-Is now changed to Re-Tail.
-Has changed to an optional home challenge; Model rooms are now easier to share via Happy Home Showcase.
-Forged paintings are easier to tell.
-You got me there. But hey, storage and easy silver items!
-Who needs to run when you have a train. (and what about the gate in front of the train?).
-There's an optional cutscene when going to the island. This makes everything so much easier.
-Now changed to actual shoes.
-Is very annoying when planning out your town.
-It's more for the creativity. Build it where you place it!
-It's not a recycle bin, but more of a trash bin. What is that showing environmentalists?! >:I
-Again, Re-tail.
-A different approach to the holidays, I see nothing wrong there.
-A lot of these just seem for the better, although I can agree with some.

The trash can is bad for your environment rating apparently. It is 2 bad marks for your perfect town score, so paying re-tail to recycle it is encouraged. of course if you don't want to pay that recycling fee, apparently there is a house item that is a trashcan you can actually dispose of things in. Don't know if that last part is accurate :confused:

-All emotions can be held.
-Is now changed to Re-Tail.
-Has changed to an optional home challenge; Model rooms are now easier to share via Happy Home Showcase.
-Forged paintings are easier to tell.
-You got me there. But hey, storage and easy silver items!
-Who needs to run when you have a train. (and what about the gate in front of the train?).
-There's an optional cutscene when going to the island. This makes everything so much easier.
-Now changed to actual shoes.
-Is very annoying when planning out your town.
-It's more for the creativity. Build it where you place it!
-It's not a recycle bin, but more of a trash bin. What is that showing environmentalists?! >:I
-Again, Re-tail.
-A different approach to the holidays, I see nothing wrong there.
-A lot of these just seem for the better, although I can agree with some.

I know that pretty much all of them were for the better. I never said they were bad or anything like that, the OP asked what other things Nintendo took out.

I feel that Wisp should have returned to the game, but in the form of how he was in the gamecube version. I really enjoyed catching the lost spirits for him.

The trash can is bad for your environment rating apparently. It is 2 bad marks for your perfect town score, so paying re-tail to recycle it is encouraged. of course if you don't want to pay that recycling fee, apparently there is a house item that is a trashcan you can actually dispose of things in. Don't know if that last part is accurate :confused:

You can actually have a trash can in your house with a furniture item *_* I've seen it

Back