• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Worst show you've ever watched?

I had to watch The Walking Dead in an English class in college and couldn’t sleep for two nights…maybe I’m emotionally a baby or something but it was way too graphic for me.

Zombie stuff is rather disturbing to me. If you're emotionally a baby, so am I. Lol. I can't believe they had you watch that in a class. WTF. I will not watch that stuff.

I also remember Trading Spouses and World’s Strictest Parents. (I know the former gave us God Warrior, but overall it was awful.) On World’s Strictest Parents, some of the parents weren’t just “strict” but straight-up abusive. (corporal punishment against teenagers, etc.) Also one of them made no sense, saying he’d rather catch his kid doing drugs than watching an adult films? Wow.

Another show I think is total trash and cannot understand why it wasn’t canceled after one season and considered to be popular is Two Broke Girls. I watched about half of one episode in a bar once because it was on the tv and I didn’t laugh once. I actually wanted to reach into the tv and just smack the two lead actresses for being so unfunny and stupid. Veronica Mars gets canceled despite it having a huge following and the only flaw being it was on a channel that was slowly dying off and was never in the running for the top spot in prime time ratings to begin with yet garbage like Two Broke Girls continue to air for several years? Anyone else see the problem here?

Oh goodness, I have to look back a few years in my memory bank to find the worst show I've ever watched. How Nickelodeon thought it would be a good idea to greenlight Breadwinners is beyond me. In fact, the creator of that show was surprised that it happened if memory serves me right. Anyways, that show was a weird trip to say the very least. The amount of questionable stuff I've seen is mindboggling with the constant butt shaking. It's really more on Nickelodeon to let this brain rot of a show get some screen time.

Girl Meets World is absolute trash and an unworthy sequel series that deserved to be cancelled immediately the very moment it heavily promoted ableism towards the autistic community. That entire episode is just disgusting and on the same level as SIA and Music in that it treats people with autism as not being “normal” and as if it was some deadly disease. Even worse is the ending to the episode where literally no one is reprimanded for their ableism especially by the girl who turned out to be autistic and constantly hearing everyone bash people like her for an entire week! PC culture was strong at the time the episode aired and there is absolutely no way a teenaged girl would put up with such comments. People got mad even back then if you used gay in a way to describe something as being stupid. I’ve seen people try to defend this particular episode as everyone upset by it being offended by nothing at all and that it’s a “kids show” which means it should be allowed to get away with it. Oh really? How about we air the same episode except we replace all mentions of autism with cancer or diabetes and have the characters say that the kid who might have one of those two diseases couldn’t have either one because he’s “normal” and let’s see how well that ends, shall we? Ableism is wrong no matter what the disability and being on a “kids show” is definitely not an excuse to do it.

Oh goodness, I have to look back a few years in my memory bank to find the worst show I've ever watched. How Nickelodeon thought it would be a good idea to greenlight Breadwinners is beyond me. In fact, the creator of that show was surprised that it happened if memory serves me right. Anyways, that show was a weird trip to say the very least. The amount of questionable stuff I've seen is mindboggling with the constant butt shaking. It's really more on Nickelodeon to let this brain rot of a show get some screen time.
Duly noted, I think the writers and animators were on crack whenever they made an episode.

Honestly, I still don’t understand why people love Friends so much. It’s unfunny and extremely homophobic and transphobic in several episodes. And I don’t buy the “it was a different time” excuse either especially since the show Soap handled LGBTQ+ topics very well in the late 70s and early 80s and this was during a time when any queer character was usually some stereotypical joke and one off character and not part of the main cast. Friends is just an awful show that shouldn’t have lasted one season. 90s shows knew how to write good episodes with an LGBTQ theme well and The Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy handled the subject in episodes of their respective shows respectfully around the same time Friends was still airing new episodes. Even The Golden Girls, a show might I remind you that was all about women over the age of 50 in the mid 80s, was more friendly towards the queer community and the Drew Carey Show even had a main character who crossdressed be handled with respect throughout its entire run and that show aired its first a year after Friends. So it definitely wasn’t the “time” that makes the show so awful and homo and transphobic. It was the writers and producers and by extension the cast for not protesting such offensive material and refusing to film said offensive episodes. Actors on other shows have refused to be a part of an episode if they find the subject offensive and sometimes the writers listen and change things to be less offensive.

Back