• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Would anyone be able to help me out with fixing streetpass?

niightwind

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Cake
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
I tried asking this question on several other sites but wasn't able to get an answer to fix it, so maybe I'll have more luck here. I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I didn't have a clue where this should go.
I have 2 3DS's. Both have streetpassed other 3DS's before, but I just realized today that they've never streetpassed each other. Does anyone know why this might be?

Because I'll probably get some of the same suggestions here as on other sites, I'll quote the suggestions I've already received and my answers.

Suggestion 1: "They?ve never been on sleep mode at the same time, just turn both of them on, close them both, and wait for the green light to flash "
Answer: "They?re almost always on sleep mode at the same time. I?ve had them on sleep mode next to each other for the past 2 hours or so and nothing."

Suggestion 2: "they both have to be on and in streetpass mode *yellow blinking light on the side*"
Answer: "They are. I tried turning them both off and back on again, and disabling the wireless on both then re-enabling it. Still nothing."

Suggestion 3: "hmm?.are they both on the home menu? @_@"
Answer: "Yup. I've also tried opening them up to the plaza or putting them on to other games and then putting them on street mode to see if that might fix it somehow, but it hasn't worked. They're both in sleep mode on the home menu right now and I'm not getting any result."

Suggestion 4: "Both of them have find mii accounts? (you?re forced to make a mii at start up so..)"
Answer: "Yup they do, and they?ve both streetpassed other 3DS?s while I was out before."

Please, if someone could help, that would be great.

I have 3 3DS, they all streetpass each other 2 times a day. Early morning (like 4am) and then again at night (like 6pm
Sometimes they don't streetpass each other, don't know why. Have you tried adding yourself?

I have 3 3DS, they all streetpass each other 2 times a day. Early morning (like 4am) and then again at night (like 6pm
Sometimes they don't streetpass each other, don't know why. Have you tried adding yourself?

Yes I've had myself added since I first got them. I'm really confused. D: I've tried like every suggestion I read and nothing has worked so far.

try turning off the wi-fi then putting them in sleep mode

Did you start both games on the same 3DS? You may play them separately right now, but if you created both towns on the same DS that's your problem.

My cousins had that problem :p

try turning off the wi-fi then putting them in sleep mode

Like I said in the first post, I've already tried those things. Thanks for trying to help though.

Did you start both games on the same 3DS? You may play them separately right now, but if you created both towns on the same DS that's your problem.

My cousins had that problem :p

No, I got the second copy of New Leaf specifically for that 3DS and have never had it in the other. >.<

Goodness, if that isn't your problem I have no idea xD

Hope you find a solution @_@

Goodness, if that isn't your problem I have no idea xD

Hope you find a solution @_@

I hope so too, thanks for trying to help out!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had someone suggest I try sending a swapnote by streetpass to see if it would work, so I set up swapnote to accept streetpass and sent a note from both of them, and I'm still not getting anything. x.x

i would have a friend go down the street with one and go meet up with him with the other idk lol thats bc i would try as if 1 wasnt mine,i do hope u get it 2 work

i would have a friend go down the street with one and go meet up with him with the other idk lol thats bc i would try as if 1 wasnt mine,i do hope u get it 2 work

I got my mum to try this with me because I have no friends and still nothing x.x; I think I'm going to try contacting Nintendo, this is kind of ridiculous now D:

Have you talked to Digby lately?

Yes, I thought that might be the problem, but streetpass is activated fine from the HHA in ACNL. And it isn't just with ACNL that the two aren't streetpassing, they won't streetpass in any other game/program either.

This is from Nintendo
Make sure wireless communication is enabled.
Make sure the software in use has StreetPass activated. (For information on activating StreetPass for a specific title, refer to the software manual.)
Clear your blocked-user settings. The person you are trying to exchange with may have been accidentally blocked by you during a previous exchange.
Deactivate StreetPass for the application in question. (How To)
If you are having trouble with multiple applications, deactivate StreetPass for StreetPass Mii Plaza.
Reactivate StreetPass for the title in question by launching the software from the HOME Menu.
Put both systems into sleep mode and wait a few minutes to see if they exchange StreetPass data.

This is from Nintendo
Make sure wireless communication is enabled.
Make sure the software in use has StreetPass activated. (For information on activating StreetPass for a specific title, refer to the software manual.)
Clear your blocked-user settings. The person you are trying to exchange with may have been accidentally blocked by you during a previous exchange.
Deactivate StreetPass for the application in question. (How To)
If you are having trouble with multiple applications, deactivate StreetPass for StreetPass Mii Plaza.
Reactivate StreetPass for the title in question by launching the software from the HOME Menu.
Put both systems into sleep mode and wait a few minutes to see if they exchange StreetPass data.

I've tried all of these except for deactivating streetpass from mii plaza, I'll give that a try.

Since you have tried everything else, here's a somewhat lame idea. Try turning both 3DS's completely off (completely shut them down), wait a few minutes, then turn them back on.

Back