• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Would anyone be able to help me out with fixing streetpass?

Since you have tried everything else, here's a somewhat lame idea. Try turning both 3DS's completely off (completely shut them down), wait a few minutes, then turn them back on.

I've tried that and unfourtunately that didn't work as well. :( Thank you for trying to help though!

I sent in my message to Nintendo a few minutes after the last message I posted on this thread and haven't gotten a response back, but hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Let' start with step 1
1. Open your 3ds and TURN ON WIFI
2. Go to home screen on first 3ds.
3. Go to settings icon on the first 3ds
4. Scroll thru and look for update your 3ds
Repeat for 2nd 3ds

After you finished updating both systems.
1. Open ACNL and update ACNL
2. Make sure streetoass is turned on for both ACNL software

After you have updated your 3DS systems and your ACNL software.

1. Close both 3ds systems --- do not turn off just close.
2. Make sure wi-fi is turned on.
3. Put them side by side .

You should be street passing in a couple of minutes.

One more tip -- make sure street pass is turned on for the HHA SHOWCASE. You have to talk with Digby.

Let' start with step 1
1. Open your 3ds and TURN ON WIFI
2. Go to home screen on first 3ds.
3. Go to settings icon on the first 3ds
4. Scroll thru and look for update your 3ds
Repeat for 2nd 3ds

After you finished updating both systems.
1. Open ACNL and update ACNL
2. Make sure streetoass is turned on for both ACNL software

After you have updated your 3DS systems and your ACNL software.

1. Close both 3ds systems --- do not turn off just close.
2. Make sure wi-fi is turned on.
3. Put them side by side .

You should be street passing in a couple of minutes.

One more tip -- make sure street pass is turned on for the HHA SHOWCASE. You have to talk with Digby.

I've done all of these things multiple times and it still isn't working, but thanks for trying to help out.

When was the last time both 3DS have street passed another 3DS?

I would say one of them is broken now... Or like the last suggestion, one is outdated...

When was the last time both 3DS have street passed another 3DS?

I would say one of them is broken now... Or like the last suggestion, one is outdated...

I took both of them out with me yesterday and they both streetpassed while I was at the mall.

I am so confused right now. After not working for so long, I decided to just keep playing New Leaf and not worry about it for now until I get a response from Nintendo. I closed the 3DS to reply to a PM and now the two streetpassed, after hours of not working.

Glad they are streetpassing each other. Very weird. Hopefully it stays that way. I have 2 3DS and they streetpass each other twice a day, sometimes it's very annoying.

i heard if the internet connection is off it will go to streetpass mode.

Lame thing here

What time were you streetpassing them before they worked?. Theres a time limit after a streetpass before streetpassing again.

I don't know if you're still looking for suggestions, but I attempt streetpassing with my younger siblings all the time, and what I found is that when they're right next to each other, they don't exactly activate. What we do is, I leave out the door with my 3ds in my pocket, and leave one of my siblings with their 3ds in their pocket. I have my sibling walk (activating the step counter) and then I walk back inside, literally 'passing by' my sibling. Usually that tends to activate it within minutes.

Also, as stated above, there is a time limit too.

Back