• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Would you purchase an Amiibo Festival expansion? *Read first*

Amiibo Festival is in opinion of many AC series fans considered as the worst game. For me, personally is only one AC game I never bought and never planned. I still have my Wii U, in excellent working condition and I can buy AF for a low price, but I'm not really tempted.
Nintendo brought some addition as Animal Crossing Plaza for AF:
Animal Crossing Plaza
but this service (if I'm not mistaken) been switched off and taken away.

At this point social aspects of Animal Crossing (NH) is reduced and it's not really attractive. Maybe, because many children are playing this game and Nintendo want to protect them from predators / offenders, don't know for sure - or maybe they don't want to invest and maintain semi-social platform, knowing it's hard to compete with big social networks.

Personally, I'm not tempted to play minigames with others, and social relations within ACNH just limit to trading, sending some "mails", visiting and sightseeing their islands... and that's it.

Perhaps. I played amiibo festival st a friend’s house and I didn’t care for it, but I can see myself liking it if they revamped what the actual game was completely to what maybe it should have been and more except in a way it would fit in ACNH. I really like Mario Party (the first three) so I think I’d enjoy a multiplayer feature that designed like a board with mini games and rewards :).

I never played the original but I think I'd enjoy it. Especially if it had mario party-esque minigames. I kind of miss going on island tours with friends... hanging out at the museum is fun but eventually you wind up kind of just sitting there and chatting

Some sort of multiplayer-based expansion would be good for the people who want it, but that’s always been tricky for Nintendo to find - the Tortimer Island games seemed to work best, but they were also VERY easy to exploit (not that I know anything about that, cough cough,) and a lot of people play AC solo as it is. Plus, keeping the stranger multiplayer kid-friendly while still working for the major secondary demographic is a genuine challenge, especially in cooperative minigames.

Still, Desert Island Escape was genuinely fun, and the Mario Party structure would probably be the easiest way to make a game that could be enjoyable with minimum unmoderated communication. And then maybe you could bring minigames home as consoles or something. You’d just have to come up with minigames that are quick, fun, and still feel enough like Animal Crossing - no easy task. They won’t be doing it this iteration, but I wouldn’t be opposed to the concept if anyone came up with the idea as more than just ‘a way to justify making Animal Crossing Amiibo because we want to make them.’ (The only reason I’m not as hard on Amiibo Festival as I could be is that Happy Home Designer was interesting, and Welcome Amiibo was genuinely fantastic and came out just when I needed it most, so even if it was a cash grab at least it was a cash grab that helped facilitate better features.)

I would definitely get this if it meant I could get a bunch of seasonal decorations, cos I really like decorating for the seasons.

Back