WoW FPS Help.

I'm not going to imply anything with the following statement...

The issue is you're trying to run WoW on a laptop. I recently built a kick ass gaming computer for $800 and I always run WoW at 60 fps.
You may not like the answer, but your only real option is buying a graphics card and possibly changing over to a desktop PC.

L Lawliet said:
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0
System Model: HP Pavillion dv6500 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (2CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Chip Type: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
You're using a laptop that is about as powerful as a toaster. That is the problem.

Coelacanth said:
L Lawliet said:
Tom said:
L Lawliet said:
>Implying you should Google it
>Implying I implied I should Google it

also,

>Implying building your own gaming computer is cheaper
Building your own computer IS cheaper.
Much, much cheaper. I got a pretty kick ass rig for $600.
You'd be much better switching to a desktop, laptops are worthless for gaming.

L Lawliet said:
I suppose I'll try to update the drivers online or whatever you call it.
i lold.

it's easy to build a computer, as dubs has said before, it's basically like legos. the only thing that would be difficult is installing the operating system.

buy a desktop for $400 or so, install a good video/graphics card ($100-200 depending on how good you want, can be as low as $20, and it'll probably run well), get, find, whatever, a monitor. don't need much, as it's just WoW.

thank me/the rest of tbt for saving you $2,000.

or, you could buy some overpriced alienware laptop for about the same price, and still get a better deal than that overpriced macbook.

doesn't wow run on pretty much everything? i haven't researched it, but isn't it pretty simple in terms of what it requires to run?

personal experience: my computer was $400. it had no video card, which i realized i needed it after i got it as a gift. (it ran portal/tf2, but with *censored.2.0*ty res/graphics and lots of lag)

go to best buy not knowing what the *censored.3.0* i'm looking for
spend $150 on a graphics card
*censored.3.0* yeah, settings on high in tf2, running a solid 30 or so fps. because i'm a whore for models and details and *censored.2.0*.

get a pc and stop *censored.4.1*. laptops were meant for casual stuff, not gaming.

Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
i lold.

it's easy to build a computer, as dubs has said before, it's basically like legos. the only thing that would be difficult is installing the operating system.

buy a desktop for $400 or so, install a good video/graphics card ($100-200 depending on how good you want, can be as low as $20, and it'll probably run well), get, find, whatever, a monitor. don't need much, as it's just WoW.

or, you could buy some overpriced alienware laptop for about the same price, and still get a better deal than that overpriced macbook.

doesn't wow run on pretty much everything? i haven't researched it, but isn't it pretty simple in terms of what it requires to run?

personal experience: my computer was $400. it had no video card, which i realized i needed it after i got it as a gift. (it ran portal/tf2, but with *censored.2.0*ty res/graphics and lots of lag)

*censored.3.0* yeah, settings on high in tf2, running a solid 30 or so fps. because i'm a whore for models and details and *censored.2.0*.

get a pc and stop *censored.4.1*. laptops were meant for casual stuff, not gaming.
Well then *censored.3.0* it, I'm never going to buy a desktop lets just get that out of the way.

L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
i lold.

Well then *censored.3.0* it, I'm never going to buy a desktop lets just get that out of the way.
If you're never going to buy a desktop, then you're never going to get to play WoW at a decent FPS ever again.

Deal?

beehdaubs said:
L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
i lold.

If you're never going to buy a desktop, then you're never going to get to play WoW at a decent FPS ever again.

Deal?
Deal. I'll stick with console gaming, never was a big fan of PC gaming anywho.

L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Deal?
lolwut.

Is it just me, or does it always seem to be the case that the console gamers are console gamers because they 1) don't know what a good computer is 2) can't build a good computer for a cheap price and/or 3) suck when it comes to 99% of things computer-related

Jas0n said:
L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
L Lawliet said:

Deal?
lolwut.

Is it just me, or does it always seem to be the case that the console gamers are console gamers because they 1) don't know what a good computer is 2) can't build a good computer for a cheap price and/or 3) suck when it comes to 99% of things computer-related
Pretty much. Mommy won't let Lawliet use her credit card so he's gonna cry about it

beehdaubs said:
Jas0n said:
L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
lolwut.

Pretty much. Mommy won't let Lawliet use her credit card so he's gonna cry about it
I lol'd. It's funny how you have so few brain cells.

You know, a lot of people aren't rich uptight spoiled *censored.3.0*tards like yourself.

L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
Jas0n said:
L Lawliet said:
lolwut.

You know, a lot of people aren't rich uptight spoiled *censored.3.0*tards like yourself.
Um or he might have job?

Coelacanth said:
L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
Jas0n said:

Um or he might have job?
I'd be surprised if anyone hired him with his *censored.1.3* attitude.

Coelacanth said:
L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
Jas0n said:

Um or he might have job?
Yup.

Now sit down and shut up, Lawliet.

beehdaubs said:
Coelacanth said:
L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:

Um or he might have job?
Yup.

Looks like someone butthurt.

L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
Coelacanth said:
L Lawliet said:
Um or he might have job?
Yup.

Hmm, I'm sorry. I couldn't quite catch what you were saying. Mind repeating it?

If a new computer or graphics card really isn't an option though, make sure all settings on the game are as low as possible. Then, go into your graphic card's control panel and make sure anti-aliasing is turned off.

beehdaubs said:
L Lawliet said:
beehdaubs said:
Coelacanth said:
Yup.

Hmm, I'm sorry. I couldn't quite catch what you were saying. Mind repeating it?
I'm just pointing out the truth.

Back