Your Terraforming Inspirations

kattzy

Bells
I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly to do with my island and wondering where you guys draw your inspiration from, I could really use some neat ideas
Be it real life photos, video games or even other users(twitter, tumblr, reddit, here) sharing their own teraformed islands - what has helped you figure things out?

I get my inspiration from the concept of biomes, like in Minecraft. I've tried to divide my island up into different sections based on biomes around the world I find it gives me a lot of interesting terraforming results! Like a canyon, a valley, forest, I'm gonna be making a jungle once I know where I wanna put it, and I've got a swamp too!

EWI81CrU4AUEvWV

I've had a few other ideas that I probably won't use but would be interesting like, you could make a digsite using cliffs to make a hole in the second layer

i was planning on putting my museum on the top of my island.
and make it look like it was carved from the mountain.
with a little river in front of it.

and for my house i was thinking of putting that on an island in the middle of my map.
and surround it with water ( giving it a castle-esque feeling to it.

as for the rest of my town ( or island i should say, he he ) i don't know yet.

i just thought it would look neat.
but the person above me with the picture of the trees on tiny little islands looks fantastic too :)

I recently started following this youtuber called Briclyn Forest. She has a bunch of livestreams and videos of her landscaping peoples towns, especially think you'll enjoy those if you like overgrown forest type islands. She also does some videos that are just tours of other peoples islands if you like different aesthetic styles than your typical forest town.

Other than that I browse the tumblr tag for acnh and get plenty of inspiration there. But personally I always struggled with landscaping until I was able to sit down and watch someone actually do it? Idk how to explain it, but whenever I watch her landscaping vids on yt I come away with fresh motivation to make my island look amazing!

I recently started following this youtuber called Briclyn Forest. She has a bunch of livestreams and videos of her landscaping peoples towns, especially think you'll enjoy those if you like overgrown forest type islands. She also does some videos that are just tours of other peoples islands if you like different aesthetic styles than your typical forest town.

Other than that I browse the tumblr tag for acnh and get plenty of inspiration there. But personally I always struggled with landscaping until I was able to sit down and watch someone actually do it? Idk how to explain it, but whenever I watch her landscaping vids on yt I come away with fresh motivation to make my island look amazing!
might wanna unfollow her lol...she's done and said a heap of nasty stuff:

I don't know. I want something simple, but haven't done anything productive in that past 2 weeks. I struggle with creativity.

I would really like a town like this guy's

I get my inspiration from the concept of biomes, like in Minecraft. I've tried to divide my island up into different sections based on biomes around the world I find it gives me a lot of interesting terraforming results! Like a canyon, a valley, forest, I'm gonna be making a jungle once I know where I wanna put it, and I've got a swamp too!

EWI81CrU4AUEvWV

I've had a few other ideas that I probably won't use but would be interesting like, you could make a digsite using cliffs to make a hole in the second layer
This is a FANTASTIC idea and I'd honestly love to see the progress you make on it if you're open to sharing more!

I don't know. I want something simple, but haven't done anything productive in that past 2 weeks. I struggle with creativity.

I would really like a town like this guy's

Ooh I watch their videos as well, always looks amazing ahh
I struggle with creativity as well, here's hoping we find our creative sides lol

the amount of youtube video's i've watched for inspiration as well! I usually just watch the most popular videos when i search up 'acnh island tour'

very inspiring and I like to take a few ideas from each

Honestly with the terraforming i just opened up procreate (you can honestly just use any paint app), took a screenshot of my island, traced over it then just started painting over it with random ideas! I didn't particularly draw inspiration from anywhere, i just enhanced my layout a little and added shapes until it looked interesting and until there were enough flat areas for me to work with and for me to be able to sort out what i wanted to do! It seemed to translate well to me planning where to put stuff, where atm im just winging it lol
I draw most of my decorating inspiration from reddit and twitter though

This is a FANTASTIC idea and I'd honestly love to see the progress you make on it if you're open to sharing more!

Thank you very much! :D I'll probably make an island journal with my progress at some point so I'll let you know when I do!

EWI81CrU4AUEvWV

Wow those designs look amazing!! If I ever were to restart my town, I would make a jungle-y theme and those would look great with it!

my town is fairy-tale themed so i draw a lot of inspiration from real life castles for the map and landscaping ideas, as well as fictional sources like disney and other animated movies.

Back