Your Terraforming Inspirations

I'm really bad at designing islands and stuff, but I'm gonna be redoing my island once I get all my dreamies since they are my main focus right now. (having to stare at pango while I terraform really isn't something I wanna do right now) I'm gonna be referencing Jabberwock island from SDR2 in terms of locations around my island, and as for the aesthetic I was thinking a more modern city with hints of fairy elements. it's probably gonna take awhile to complete, but once Pietro and Ankha join the gang, it's go time baby

I've seen a couple of people put mushroom lamps around their island and it looks so beautiful and fantasy-like!

same, i absoooolutely adore it !!

i'm n. hemi and it makes me so tempted to just time travel to autumn already bfgsghdh. i just want those shrooms ! 😂

Mine is pretty simple currently but I like making things heart shaped so I have a few river/ponds like that. Eventually I want my island to look a bit fairy-tale and full of nature and whimsical decorations. Also probably some things that are styled like an old village, so not quite urban but more developed. I have a long ways to go with moving buildings, terraforming, and collecting items before my island is how I want it. I really like things like this as far as design inspo:

Ok well, I have a retro city, a lake, a desert, and a castle/dungeon. Any of these strike your fancy?

I'm doing a mystery/monster/paranormal island so I have a lot of inspiration from life and fiction to pull from! :> it's just how to integrate it is difficult. So far I have a ufo crash site where the secret beach is, so it looks like it really crashed into the side of the island, as well as created a bit of a crater. I then plan on doing some large footprint shaped ponds to look a monster or something walked through. I havent figured out anything solid past that :O or maybe I'll even shift the footprint idea to make the whole island look like an impression of some sort

I've been watching island tours on youtube and these youtubers have great island tour content: Crossing Channel, TagBackTV, Celesica :)
also from posts on the animal crossing community on reddit! sometimes they just share their towns. there are also a lot of people who share their design ideas and codes on twitter

might wanna unfollow her lol...she's done and said a heap of nasty stuff:

thanks for sharing this info! wouldn't want to support someone like her 😐 welp gotta unsubscribe!

Ok well, I have a retro city, a lake, a desert, and a castle/dungeon. Any of these strike your fancy?
Oooooh now this sounds interesting, care to share photos?

I'm doing a mystery/monster/paranormal island so I have a lot of inspiration from life and fiction to pull from! :> it's just how to integrate it is difficult. So far I have a ufo crash site where the secret beach is, so it looks like it really crashed into the side of the island, as well as created a bit of a crater. I then plan on doing some large footprint shaped ponds to look a monster or something walked through. I havent figured out anything solid past that :O or maybe I'll even shift the footprint idea to make the whole island look like an impression of some sort

That UFO crash site sounds AWESOME, such a unique idea

I get my inspiration from the concept of biomes, like in Minecraft. I've tried to divide my island up into different sections based on biomes around the world I find it gives me a lot of interesting terraforming results! Like a canyon, a valley, forest, I'm gonna be making a jungle once I know where I wanna put it, and I've got a swamp too!

EWI81CrU4AUEvWV

I've had a few other ideas that I probably won't use but would be interesting like, you could make a digsite using cliffs to make a hole in the second layer
hey! do u have a QR code for these roots? :)) would be dope, ty!!

hey! do u have a QR code for these roots? :)) would be dope, ty!!

Yeah I do! I made them :)

If you go to my gallery, and click the spoiler called Mangrove Swamp Tree Roots you can find screenshots of the codes there :)

Edit:

Oh wait you said QR codes, unfortunately I don't have any QR codes for them I'm afraid :( unless there's a way of generating QR codes from New Horizons which I can't seem to find?

Last edited:
I love watching 5 star island tours for inspiration!!! There was this amazing wild west one that I adore!

OK, I just have to be different, right? LOL Here's what I mean:

Like others here I watch youtube videos of ACNH islands every day. They are so pretty! In fact I copied a couple of elegant terraforming ideas from them; but these copied ideas are just awful in my town, as great as they seem in the towns on youtube. I mean, the instructions were good and the results are just the same but the terraformed parts copied from videos do not fit in with the rest of my island! I guess you could say they clash with everything else. It was fun to learn how people get such grandiose terraforming projects done, but honestly I will probably try to put things back like they were before. I don't even like going to that part of my island any more.

My BEST terraforming ideas, the ones that have made ME happiest, have been the ones that just come to my mind "out of the blue", so to speak. To get these inspirations I just look at my island, wander around it, and think about what would make it better. I love terraforming when I do it this way.

I actually started a Pinterest board to get inspiration for mine! I saved pics of any map ideas I liked but I also saved pics that captured the aesthetic I wanted, like mossy stone paths in real life. It took a while to come together, but I'm finally starting to like it. What helped me the most was reminding myself to like/save things based on placement rather than just on the colors/items - because I can always swap those.

aww , i really liked her videos and i wouldn't expect she would do that ://

unfollowing rn
Post automatically merged:

oh , back to topic : i usually like to watch island tours in youtube to see if there's an idea i might like , i rarely go to twitter or pinterest to search terraforming ideas

OMG. Lol. I actually came across her a long time ago during New Leaf era and when I learned that she sells hacked towns and charges people for landscaping, I was automatically turned off. I just don’t get why people would do that. It’s not that hard (it’s hacked) and why would you want a town made by someone else? What’s the point of playing the game then? I can’t believe people actually paid her actual money. And it’s not even cheap. So when NH came out, I thought she’d be “out of business” what with terraforming available to everyone now without hacking. Can’t believe she still found a way to charge people for something.

Anyway, I strongly recommend using the island designer app or drawing on a paper whatever your plans are for your island first so it’s more streamlined once you start terraforming. Once you’re doing it, you’ll find that you’d want some things to be done this way or that. It comes naturally once you’re doing it.

Back