• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bell Tree Direct - 9.30.23 - New Staff and October Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hug / surprised / finger pointing up / party pooper

Is perfect thank you
Post automatically merged:

Welcome to the team, @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani! 🥳

We keep powdered paracetamol in the sugar canister, the passcode to the ABD is behind the map of Middle-earth, and when the report queue's little red light starts blinking we just stick a paper cup over it.
Notice how you stole kilza away after we won the last event

Last edited:
Congrats to the new mods!!

I definitely prefer the new heart emoji to the old one. As for the new reactions, imo a hug/condolences react is the most needed since the current ones don't quite covey that, although the new heart is a little better. The like react has a thumbs-up so I feel like that already coveys agreement well enough. I think something like this 😲 could express both surprise and excitement, but I'm not sure whether its versatility could make it harder to interpret.

Very excited for the halloween event. It'll be my first one! 🎃🎃🎃

Super congrats to @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani I'm sure you both will have a fun time!

I do ❤️ the new heart, it feels more emotional. I think having a surprised emoji can be benefical. To both 'wow that art is amazing' or 'wow I can't believe that happen'

I am SUPER excited for the halloween event this year (also because I don't think i'll be available for the christmas event since I'll be away for two weeks), I am even hoping to make my very own gif, but I need to get a new release plate for my tripod ;_; Here's hoping I can find one that can fit.

I've already VM'ed you both, but a superb congrats to both of the new mods. More than well deserved for both.

I'm glad the reaction for loving a post was finally changed to a heart instead of a weird face man. Actually, that should probably be a huge understatement since that alone is largely responsible for making sure I didn't stay inactive. :LOL:

I'm looking forward to what's in store for Halloween on the site this year. Should be good fun. 🎃

And a huge thank you for not adding a laugh react, because that could be abused.

Ohhhhh my goodness, I didn’t even consider that case, good point.
There’s so much to consider when running a community!

You guys have no idea how happy I am to hear you're thinking of adding me reactions, as I think that's somewhere TBT is really lacking. Sometimes I agree with a post and I want to communicate that without a whole response! I think anyrange of emotive reactions would be good, a happy face, sad face for something sad, party poppers for a celebratory reaction etc
I do think a green tick and red cross-reaction being accessible could be nice, especially for user-hosted giveaways. I think I will have more thoughts on this later but honestly right now Im avoiding uni work so Im going to think on this. Overall chuffed to see some new staff and excited for Halloween !!

Congratulations to @/~Kilza~ and @/LadyDestani for becoming moderators!

For which emotions should be picked… I really can't decide. I think all of them should be added because they're all fitting for their own occasions. Whatever it is, I think there should at least be one that's more fitting for when someone makes an upsetting post. It feels weird to like a post like that. Also, I'm stoked for the event! I wonder what it's going to be about…🤔

Finally, thanks for the 75 Bells!

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I think the emotes listed can be narrowed. Out of all of them, I'd want a condolences and surprised emote most. Specifically, a hug and a wow emote.

Last edited:
Welcome new staff!
I'm excited for Halloween! I hope its a fun spooky event :)
For Emotes:
  • Condolences / support / hug
  • Surprised / wow / gasp
  • Finger pointing up / 100 / agreed / this
  • Party popper / sparkles / hands raised / excited for you
I bolded the best word in each group I think works best to focus on.
Excited for the new collectible, but will have to think about it for the price tag.

The Famous Mushroom is now available for sale! Spend wisely, as the Glow Shroom's appearance will be very rare. 👻

Glow Shrooms will manifest in a week's time, on Sunday October 8th. Best of luck to everyone!

Bought a single row of Famous Mushrooms to start with!🤞 I might try to get a second row before the gacha ends but I don't want to pour too much into it. I haven't had any luck with collectibles transforming in the past though, so maybe I'm due for one this time...? Worst case scenario, the Famous shrooms are cute and autumny so I'm sure they'll see some use from me.

glow shroom come home 🙏 💚💜🖤

Congratulations to all the new moderators on their promotions. I'm sure you will do us all very proud.

As for reactions, I think any of these would be fine additions. The only ones I don't really care for are the general agreement ones, such as "this" or "finger pointing up" because they're kind of superfluous in my opinion. A simple "like" or "love" already indicates that the user probably agrees with the sentiment expressed in the post. But I do like-

Comfort/Support 🫂
Surprised 🤯
Party/excited/fun 🥳

For the Discord colors, might I suggest something that is closer to orange? I think that's a fine middle ground that is still thematically appropriate if people aren't fond of the yellow. Hex color #f6b769 would work well, in my opinion. Beyond its associations, bright yellow/gold is also slightly unaccommodating for people who use Discord's light theme. Yes, those people are all a bunch of hooligans but they do exist. However, I'm also not part of the Discord server so my opinion on it doesn't really matter.

Honestly so happy with the choice of new moderators. Big congrats to @LadyDestani and @~Kilza~ 🎉🎉🎉 You will add so much to an already amazing staff team!

The new ❤️ react is so much better. I do automatically use the love react but recently when it was serious and I just wanted to show love the stupid heart eyes just got to me but a thumbs up was cold.

For new reactions

Hug
Sparkles, please please for all the kind amazing people here we need sparkles ✨✨✨✨✨✨

edit: Just scrolled back and @Mick I need that bear, so my hug vote has to be huggy beary 🐻 (so funny spellcheck changed to buggy beary so this is meant to be for our dear friend Bug 💜)

Last edited:
Thinking on it more, I'm divided on the new love react, on one hand the heart is so much better for comfort or general feelings of warmth, however I really liked the old one for more excited love, like if someone posted a really cool piece of art, or their pet etc. I wish we could have both!

The Glow Shroom is SO gorgeous but considering my finances and my luck in those things, I think I will have to pass...
I don't know... knowing me, I might buy one at the last minute.

Congratulations to the new mods! You will be missed as teammates in events. I had the chance to be in the same team as @LadyDestani and she is really nice.

So another egg hunt? I LOVE THOSE! Even if I suck at finding eggs and will probably feel despair, frustration and resignation.

Thank you for the bells!

First, I wanna give a hearty congrats to our new mods: @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani 💕🥳

Second, I LOVE the new emojis. They seem to be brighter, more colorful, and smoother than the other ones. I hope these stay. ^.^ I also like how the "Love" reaction was changed into a heart. I didn't mind the heart eyes, but I think I prefer the heart 💖

Lastly, concerning the new reactions, I bolded the labels I like the most
  • Condolences / support / hug
  • Surprised / wow / gasp
  • Finger pointing up / 100 / agreed / this
  • Party popper / sparkles / hands raised / excited for you
Since only one or two will get added, I want to give my two cents on the matter, should that be the case: I think a "Condolences" reaction, or whatever it will be called would be an important add.

A lot of the times, people like to vent, most notably in the "What's Bothering You?" thread. A lot of us want to give condolences (myself included), but might not know the right things to say. I think this reaction would be a brilliant add. That way, we can give condolences and a virtue hug without worrying about that. Sometimes even a simple reaction can make someone happy or make them feel comforted, myself included! 💕 💕 💕

. . .​

I know this is kinda of a hot take, but I still kinda like the idea of a laughing reaction.
(it could be used to react to something funny without having to worry about violating the "post quality" rule with a reply, and getting a warning or infraction, which I heard has been an issue).

However, I DO understand why people are against the idea. We would have to worry about it getting abused, like a previous poster said. The vast majority of us would know how to use it appropriately, but some people on here still have some learning and maturing to do. The wrong things could get "laughed at", which could make the poster uncomfortable, hurt, and/or upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back