Brewster's Banter - General Discussion

So many of us are on the green tea train! 👀 A hot matcha really hits the spot during the cooler months.

If I ever go to Starbucks or another cafe, a 1/2 sweet matcha tea latte is my go-to. Pumpkin spice is something that I find to be better suited to baked goods rather than drinks.

Look I watch YouTube everyday of my life. Its become part of my life. I watch videos on a daily basis. Its always whenever I'm subbed to my favorite creators that they'll have content that I enjoy and it makes me feel better. If I didn't have it I would be miserable without it. Thats why I crave watching YouTube videos I always want to watch different types of a videos that appeal to me like Funny Moments when Someone is playing a Game, Podcasts, Music, Lets Plays, Fail Complations, and Debateable topics. I am always fascinated whenever I see these type of videos becuase it keeps me engaged and keeps me focused. Of course I try to change it up whenever some content feels too repetitive, but then I am like "Well I need to watch something to pass the time" so I turn to YouTube to cure my bordeom. I have it in background when playing video games or browsing the Internet. Yes I've seen similar content where some creators try to copy each other based on something that is trendy and will get them a lot of views and I can tell that will get old real fast so I try not to watch those type of videos. Just being brutally honest.

I watch YouTube very often. Sometimes daily if it's about a topic I'm hyperfixated on at the time. I love learning things on there. Although most don't consider watching YouTube as socializing, I do feel like it is kinda like that. In the 90s socializing was a lot different. Not many people had computers to instant chat or even watch YouTube. People had standard TV and cable. You can't talk to creators through that or show anything that you like what they did via a rating or like button. You couldn't easily find other people who also like said things. YouTube has a comment section where people can ask questions, share what they know, and just, chat a common interest. Creators often reply through their videos or if they have a website, make a response on YouTube to something on their website or forum. You can see a lot of the world through YouTube. A lot more than through the TV in the 90s.

I watch YouTube every day. Recently, I've been watching this guy make expoxy tables from walnut and redwood. He's pretty funny. I also watch fish videos. Sometimes I scroll through the YouTube app endlessly and can't pick a video, so I pass the remote to my husband, and he does the same thing until one of us just picks a random one. Which is so silly - sometimes there is so much content it's overwhelming to pick one. But at the same time it's like, it's kind of all the same, so just choose one.

Dang y'all are really making me want to try green tea now. I've had lots of different teas (gotta thank my stepmom for that), but I've never had green tea.

Speaking of tea, I should probably brew some chamomile later. I have an exam in a couple days and I'm pretty stressed out, so that might help.

i'm seeing lots of comments about tea - for anyone living in the uk, i tried this new tea lately ... and it is so good, albeit controversial! i didn't like it at first when i didn't use enough milk or sugar as usual, but i think it needs the milk/sugar to bring out the flavours!! it's so comforting and not as sickly as it sounds - i've really been enjoying dipping a digestive into it for double biscuit flavour.

412586011_0_640x640.jpg

Does anyone else get the urge to or start literally running around when they get really excited about their hyperfixations or obsessions? It's like a bunch of energy builds up all of the sudden and I have to let it out. I should probably take advantage of this to get some good excercise in, cause in all other circumstances I hate running XD

So today (or at least tomorrow from where I am) is the 10th anniversary of Disney’s Frozen. It felt like it wasn’t too long since the movie came out. But now it’s 10 years. What do you think of the movie now?

For me, I think it’s okay at best. While it deserved all of the successes it racked up in 2014, the overhype and merchandise shortage craze kinda ruined the movie for me. It would also been better without the sequels.

I’ve never even seen the movie but if I did, I would fast forward through or walk out during Let it Go. I’m not about to hear that song for the gazillionth time.

I’ve never even seen the movie but if I did, I would fast forward through or walk out during Let it Go. I’m not about to hear that song for the gazillionth time.
Yeah, the song has gotten annoying. It’s also bad enough that the entire movie was centered on just one or two songs. I remember when I first watched this movie, I said that Frozen was the best Disney movie since The Lion King. Even though I wouldn’t agree with this anymore, as there’s at least two or three better movies between Frozen and Lion King, Disney really did a good job on it, and you can see why I made such claim. It’s still the best animated film of the mid-2010s (Toy Story 3 was this for the early 2010s, and Coco was this for the late 2010s) and the best Disney animated feature released in the 2010s. And even if you disagree with that, it was still the best animated film in the year it came out in (2013). The other animated films released that year, didn’t do that well, reception-wise. Examples:
  • Monsters University was one of Pixar’s three films released at a time it wasn’t doing too well after Toy Story 3’s release. Although it got back on its feet with Inside Out, MU was still cheesy.
  • Smurfs 2 was a sequel to a film that’s already an insult to a classic cartoon from the 1900’s century.
  • Free Birds was a liberal propaganda piece with historical and other factual errors.
  • Planes was way worse than Cars 2.
So Frozen is still the snow queen of 2013 and probably even the 2010s decade. It’s the way they handled its popularity that gotten annoying.

Didn’t feel like making a new thread for this topic, so I’ll ask here. I hope that’s ok.

Are POSCA paint marker sets worth the $26-$30 price point? How do they compare to Copic markers?

Didn’t feel like making a new thread for this topic, so I’ll ask here. I hope that’s ok.

Are POSCA paint marker sets worth the $26-$30 price point? How do they compare to Copic markers?
I've used POSCA paint markers a little bit. I think they are fun; not sure how to compare them to Copic markers as I've never used Copic markers before, though I have used Prismacolor markers! I do know that both Copic markers and Prismacolor markers are completely different to POSCA paint markers in that the former are alcohol based while the latter is obviously paint based.

Blending with POSCA is hard to do since they dry somewhat quickly and can start to pill the surface (depending on the surface -- I've only used it on sketchbook paper. Oh and I also used it on fabric which was neat, though the paint bled a bit), and POSCA markers don't come in as many colors compared to Copic markers. The most annoying thing about POSCA markers though are the white markers -- I have two of them and they are both way too water-y! I can't seem to get them to a normal paint consistency no matter how much I press them down on some paper/shake them up/etc. But as far as the pros for POSCA markers go, they can be pretty opaque, matte, and vibrant in color, and since they are paint based they can be used on a bigger variety of surfaces compared to alcohol based markers.

I think they are worth trying if you have the money as they are fun to experiment with, but Copic markers might have better value if you are only looking to draw on paper.

I've used POSCA paint markers a little bit. I think they are fun; not sure how to compare them to Copic markers as I've never used Copic markers before, though I have used Prismacolor markers! I do know that both Copic markers and Prismacolor markers are completely different to POSCA paint markers in that the former are alcohol based while the latter is obviously paint based.

Blending with POSCA is hard to do since they dry somewhat quickly and can start to pill the surface (depending on the surface -- I've only used it on sketchbook paper. Oh and I also used it on fabric which was neat, though the paint bled a bit), and POSCA markers don't come in as many colors compared to Copic markers. The most annoying thing about POSCA markers though are the white markers -- I have two of them and they are both way too water-y! I can't seem to get them to a normal paint consistency no matter how much I press them down on some paper/shake them up/etc. But as far as the pros for POSCA markers go, they can be pretty opaque, matte, and vibrant in color, and since they are paint based they can be used on a bigger variety of surfaces compared to alcohol based markers.

I think they are worth trying if you have the money as they are fun to experiment with, but Copic markers might have better value if you are only looking to draw on paper.
Thank you for the thorough response! I appreciate it. My niece has POSCA markers as one of the options in her wishlist, so I was hesitant on the steep price; and wanted to know more about them. You've eased my concern, so thanks once again!💝

Bell ringing (including Majora’s Mask Clock Town bells), buoy bells, beach sounds would be my favorite.

Ooh, interesting question! I like rain sounds, wind (especially through trees), cat purring, birdsong, streams/softly running water, and harp/piano/violin.

Back