• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you feel awkward making new threads?

• not at all

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • a little bit

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • mostly

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • yes

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • i literally die

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters

seliph

free palestine
Bells
Cyan Heart Glow Wand
Friendly Ghost Plush
Yellow Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Blue Crescent Moon
Yellow Star Fragment
Frost Easter Egg
Blue Star Fragment
Chao Easter Egg
Star Glow Wand

despite having an anxiety disorder, i personally do not feel awkward making threads at all. i generally only make new threads if i'm buying/trading/selling something, or in event situations like right now where i'm only making this to earn streetpass silver. you can rest easy knowing i literally will not read the vast majority of the responses, i just want that sweet sweet silver.

i've also made this thread into a poll so you can all earn silver for participating in a poll, isn't that just lovely? you're welcome.

I rarely make threads cause it gives me a pit in my stomach. Idk why, probably cause I'm a wuss. I prefer to stay chilling in the background.

Depends on what the thread is about.

If it's about personal opinions, how many times you do it, etc. I'm fine.
If it's about something that hasn't been asked before on the forums I get a little nervous.

There are other kinds of threads that would make me have a panic attack, but I'm pretty wise not to start a thread about it.

I don't wanna talk about the "20-20 Vision thread I made back in 2016...

Oh sorry, I meant to add that as another thread topic.

I'm okay with making a thread on whatever things you do no matter how many times you do it.

Yeah, wording in sentences isn't really my strongest thing.

i do, but that’s probably my social anxiety speaking. i worry a lot that i’m bothering people or unwelcome. once i see positive responses to the topic though, i feel much better. i just will always have to push myself to start the thread in the first place.

I do a little bit. I worry that it's a stupid thread idea or people would find it annoying. It's also embarrassing if you post a thread and nobody replies lol rip.

lol i think it depends on the thread! tbt marketplace? fine. making a new version of a thread that's popular (e.g. collectible polls for every event)? i'm nervous someone else has done it and i've missed it but the post itself is fine. but i think if i were to start any other kind i'd feel awkward, mostly just from a 'idk if people will respond to this' perspective

Even though I have a lot of social anxiety, I've never felt awkward making threads. When I post a thread I'm genuinely curious to know people's thoughts about that topic, so that curiosity overrules my anxiety.

As we are being honest, great thread and I will reply when cool down ends 💜

I rarely make threads of my own, but when I do there's usually a good reason. So most of them have been decent enough or had a good enough conversation going on that it was worth making the thread.

yes! (i feel awkward just responding to threads a lot of the time too lmao.) it's no doubt the social anxiety. the amount of threads i've made is definitely in the single digits, though i only actually remember making one when trying to date-trade my spirit candy. even just doing that felt like a nightmare asdfghjkl.

I have no hesitation about making threads. However when they don't gain traction or get any posts my feelings get a bit hurt and I feel a little excluded.

It just happens sometimes I guess. Without being able to delete here makes it a little worse.

oh i 100% fall under the dying inside category 🥹😭
idk i think it’s mostly because i worry the thread idea already exists, fear of no one interacting with it, or it’s just my anxiety 😬

but generally i have a hard time replying but i’ve been working on that!!!! 🥲

I wouldn’t say that I necessarily feel awkward, but I’m always worried that my thread ideas aren’t interesting enough, they’ve already been done in the past etc, so I don’t create threads all that often unless there’s an event going on or something. I also have a hard time coming up with interesting ideas for threads, which is another reason why I prefer to contribute to threads rather than make my own. 😅

Back