• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Farewell to New Leaf Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a little tune that I started humming subconsciously in my head after the event ended. It's a music I know well but I didn't immediately focus on. It came to my mind now, and it was heart breaking🥹 The Professor Layton and Diabolical Box is one of the games that shaped my childhood along with Animal Crossing, and I think this music perfectly encapsulates the meaning of "nostalgia". I think that anyone who listens to this music can dream for a few minutes of still being in a certain period of their life that they would like to relive again❤️
Thank you New Leaf🎈

The staff favourites for this event are going to be so hard 🥲 send us strength yall
I've been crying at work trying to read through some of the Mayoral Memories and then i realized that's probably a bad idea but like its too late my nose is runny

There was a little tune that I started humming subconsciously in my head after the event ended. It's a music I know well but I didn't immediately focus on. It came to my mind now, and it was heart breaking🥹 The Professor Layton and Diabolical Box is one of the games that shaped my childhood along with Animal Crossing, and I think this music perfectly encapsulates the meaning of "nostalgia". I think that anyone who listens to this music can dream for a few minutes of still being in a certain period of their life that they would like to relive again❤️
Thank you New Leaf🎈

aww, the nostalgia! i played diabolical box around the same time too, and really loved the song and cried a lot
there's an english cover that i think is really nice too and which made me cry when i was younger! the lyrics are surprisingly fitting too especially the end

It’s not goodbye it’s see you later…….

Vix9Lxu.png

Mistreil I'm dead, I'm definitely dead. You, that melody, that lyrics, killed me. I'm literally in a pool of tears😭😭😭
HOW.
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I HAVE NEVER HEARD THIS MARVELLOUS COVER😭😭😭
And the last part... I can't🫠
It's been a long time since I met people with whom I could share such beautiful emotions, this forum is my second home like New Leaf😭😭😭
Thank you Mistreil and all the staff, really❤️‍🩹

I'm still going to play NewLeaf so the event ending won't change it much for me. It will suck knowing I can never go online to see some dream addresses or meet up with people. NewHorizon just doesn't invoke the same emotions from me. Maybe had it not been for the pandemic that saw me working way too much and I had time to actually play the game or go online with others I would have better memories.

I remember sharing screenshots on miiverse of stuff I did in the game, I met a few cool people there and we played online regularly for a few years. I lost touch with most of them, but I hope they're doing well. I'm just not big on customization and building, which is what NH mostly is. So with NL closing its curtains I hope we get a definitive version of AC sometime in the 2020s. Even if it's more like late 2020s.

Thank you for all the fun memories NL (and thank you staff for all your efforts in this event and many others, as well as all the fun memories we've had and will continue to have) It might be over, but we still got our community. And that's saying something with a forum that's almost 20 years.

I don't know if this has been answered before yet, but when is the last day to use the rest of your Meow Coupons & Streetpass Silver? Because I'm still waiting on some submissions to be accepted before finalizing my line up plans...

That music that has replaced the timer has really got me feeling something emotional, Its like a Goodbye to New Leaf 😥
Something something don't be sad it's over be glad it happened

I don't know if this has been answered before yet, but when is the last day to use the rest of your Meow Coupons & Streetpass Silver? Because I'm still waiting on some submissions to be accepted before finalizing my line up plans...

No finalized date yet, but likely around March 27th or 28th. We absolutely won't close the Shop until the closing ceremony with winners is posted, which we're hoping to post on Monday or Tuesday.

New Leaf is in some regards still my favorite Animal Crossing game (though New Horizons does have a number of positives, some of which are big improvements), but admittedly I kind of fell off playing it in the past few years since other games took up my leisure time. I'm glad that this event gave us all cause to return to the game.

It was fun redesigning the house for Adieu, Hellish Home and playing with other members of the community for the various Town Initiatives. I intend to stick with the game again now that I've returned, but I'm happy that the forums gave New Leaf this great send-off. Thank you!

Thank you Staff for throwing together such a fun and memorable event! It brought me back to the New Leaf days of TBT seeing everyone talking about the game and having events revolve around it. :) Also, the collectibles released for this event are all amazing and really fit into the New Leaf vibes. I also am glad that I finally got a New Leaf Token after all of these years (somehow got the Happy Home Designer one, but never the New Leaf one lol)!

This event was such a lovely callback to an older game, that brought me to this site to begin with.
A game that was definitely a lot of fun when played with other people, and it's great people were still able to feel the same way when going back for the event.
And to get collectibles so dear to the game is wonderful~

I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of this event celebrating New Leaf! The impact that this game had on my life was tremendous. I poured thousands of hours into two different towns. It is by far the game I have spent the most time playing and it's even more special because it led me here. Without New Leaf, I would have never found and joined this community, and I'm thankful every day that I did.

The events that I hosted were very near and dear to me. I'm pretty passionate about my love for Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape, but I was still absolutely astounded by some of your scores. I never imagined some of you would be playing a single game over the course of days!! Had I anticipated that, I might have chosen the timed mode on Puzzle League to save your sanity. 😆

Coming up with tasks for Town Initiatives was also meaningful. I knew immediately that I wanted to do something with staff dream addresses. I spent so long planning out my town and I know others did too. But it was more than just wanting to show off our towns one last time. It was also a way for you to get to know us a little more.

For feeding the birds, I thought about all the little features that are unique to New Leaf as well as which ones brought me the most joy and that's how I landed on this task. I loved visiting Harvey and seeing what he was doing each day, but when he was feeding the birds and then let me do it too, that was peak happiness for me. And watching him imitate the birds was adorable. Such a tiny little thing, but it was that attention to detail that makes New Leaf such a memorable game.

I loved seeing everyone come together to give New Leaf one big send off! Of couse, New Leaf isn't gone, but it will never be the same. So thank you to everyone who participated and to all the staff members for making this event such a beautiful reminder of the game. 🥹

I'd like to add my own blurb now that the event's pretty much over. I've enjoyed the majority of past events, but most of the tasks were completed without much thought just to earn currency. The nature of Farewell to New Leaf's activities, especially the initiatives, made me actually stop and appreciate what I was doing. When I logged into my town for the first time in literal years, the first thing I did was go to Shampoodle and fix my hair. Seeing my mayor in her signature outfit looking neat and tidy hit me right in the feels, and made me feel more confident about the screenshots I was taking.

I was initally going to go the easy route with less currency and do the initiatives alone, but when I realized some of my friends needed help with things that I had at my disposal (like perfect fruit), I literally got so excited to open my town again. Getting things ready and showing them around to specific areas of my town gave me flashbacks to how much fun I had with the online feature years ago. Taking group photos was actually fun, especially for the pitfall challenge. The satisfaction of finally getting a turnip price at 200+ at the last hour mark, and being able to invite a couple people over who were also struggling with this initiative, was honestly thrilling.

Overall I think this event did a great job of encouraging people to help others and appreciate what New Leaf had to offer that New Horizons simply hasn't replicated. I had an amazing time engaging with this unique event. Both the activities and collectibles were amazing, and the amount of currency to be earned was really generous. It's been refreshing to see the TBT Marketplace as active as it's been. Thank you for a send-off to remember, staff. I personally had a blast. 😊

For feeding the birds, I thought about all the little features that are unique to New Leaf as well as which ones brought me the most joy and that's how I landed on this task. I loved visiting Harvey and seeing what he was doing each day, but when he was feeding the birds and then let me do it too, that was peak happiness for me. And watching him imitate the birds was adorable. Such a tiny little thing, but it was that attention to detail that makes New Leaf such a memorable game.

Speaking of birds, I feel like I should shout out that the throwing beans reaction that everyone loved so much was totally LadyDestani's idea!

Man what can I say if it was not for new leaf I wouid not be here with great people like all of you it has been a blast the last few years playing the game together doing trades Getting my villages from people going to the island and doing tours together was lots of fun so thank you to everyone it’s not good bye but see you around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back