• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Farewell to New Leaf Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the wonderful memories New Leaf. Also thank you TBT for giving me one last chance to enjoy it online with other members here for one last time.

I gotta say the hammer tour was so much fun. I’d forgotten how good the mini games were in New Leaf.

Hi hi, I think I accidentally purchased too many raffle tickets! I didn’t see the limit somehow and it didn’t stop me after 6 😅

Man what can I say if it was not for new leaf I wouid not be here with great people like all of you it has been a blast the last few years playing the game together doing trades Getting my villages from people going to the island and doing tours together was lots of fun so thank you to everyone it’s not good bye but see you around
I never thought about this but if I hadn't played New Leaf i never wouldve met so many friends 🥲

@Jacob @k o i

wait.... now that NL is done and finished, will it just be merged into the General AC board?

wait.... now that NL is done and finished, will it just be merged into the General AC board?
I can almost hardly believe it🥲 When the DS and Wii servers were shut down I was about 10/12 years old. It wasn't something that particularly impressed me because I didn't even know I could connect to the internet with my DS.
But I imagine that people who were teenagers or adults at that time experienced that farewell as we are experiencing this farewell to the 3DS era.
The thing is that this farewell to the 3DS is a definitive farewell to the DS console born with Satoru Iwata. Just like we said goodbye to the Gameboy and its variants.
The new generations will grow up with the Switch, and they won't know what a DS or a Wii is... it's incredible to think about.
But that's okay! Everything has an end, but we will always carry our memories in our hearts. Now we just have to wait for the next chapter of Animal Crossing💖
In the meantime we can continue playing New Horizons, New Leaf, City Folk, Wild World and Population Growing. It's not the same to play without online... but it's still fun!
Especially if we can share our gaming experiences with the forum, communicating with other members and exchanging opinions💕
This is the magic of being part of a community.

Last edited:
Even though I didn’t get to participate fully because I didn’t realise the event was on / was busy I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone involved for taking the time to give New Leaf a send-off on the forums

I have a lot of sentimental feelings towards the forums and New Leaf in particular and it was really fun to get to relive playing New Leaf again with my partner, and through the forums where we met. It definitely makes me want to put an active effort into participating in the forums again

dunno if it's been asked, but until when can we use our meow coupons? ;w;
I've had some questions about when to spend StreetPass Silver and balloon transformations. For clarity, only the earning of StreetPass Silver will end on Thursday, March 21st at 11:59PM EDT. You'll be able to continue spending it until the entire event shop for Farewell to New Leaf closes later. I don't have an exact date for that yet, but we don't intend for it to be open past March 28th as our Easter event begins the next day. Balloon transformations will continue about every two days until the event shop is closed.

i'm sad that the event ended for multiple reasons (mostly because it was fun, but also because I failed to get all 3 sweet balloons, I just needed heart, and that failed), but I'm looking forward to the April Fools shenanigans! Also, IRL Easter overlaps with the April Fools event on TBT, March 31st is Easter this year for some reason

i'm sad that the event ended for multiple reasons (mostly because it was fun, but also because I failed to get all 3 sweet balloons, I just needed heart, and that failed), but I'm looking forward to the April Fools shenanigans! Also, IRL Easter overlaps with the April Fools event on TBT, March 31st is Easter this year for some reason

Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Weird I know, but this year the spring equinox was March 19th. Last night (March 25th) was the first full moon since, so that makes this coming Sunday (March 31st) Easter.

Year to year where the days fall changes so that’s why it’s all over the place. I’d honestly be happy if they picked a more concrete date like the 1st Sunday in April or something but traditions be traditions.

Sure you're not going to use the Official TBT Time Machine™️ to go back to the past just to post it before this post? :LOL:

What are you talking about? Those rumours about our Official TBT Time Machine™️ are completely outlandish. It simply doesn't exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back