• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you feel awkward making new threads?

do you feel awkward making new threads?

• not at all

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • a little bit

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • mostly

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • yes

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • i literally die

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
I wouldn’t say that I necessarily feel awkward, but I’m always worried that my thread ideas aren’t interesting enough, they’ve already been done in the past etc, so I don’t create threads all that often unless there’s an event going on or something. I also have a hard time coming up with interesting ideas for threads, which is another reason why I prefer to contribute to threads rather than make my own. 😅

I agree with this. If I’m making a new thread, it’s either for an event like this one (in which case I expect people to understand) or it’s already passed so many layers of internal quality control that I don’t feel bad about posting. I would probably feel awkward making new threads frequently.

I’d say for the most part I am. I’m more okay with it when I actually do have ideas for threads, though that’s not often and making new threads is pretty rare for me.

I will literally dig up a years old thread rather than start a new one if I can;)

I have only made new threads
1) in the TBT marketplace maybe once or twice to sell something
2) for dust events (because I gotta max out on dust!)

Honestly I do, for many reasons some users have already stated. 😭 For reference, the last thread I made was way back in August. I'm glad a lot of users have the same sentiment, though.

even though that silver is tempting i wont make one cause ill feel bad if my thread doesnt contribute anything 💀

Yea, very!! Something about the permanent nature of being a thread starter intimidates me… if a thread gets popular, your name might be seen for a long time

Yes, I try to avoid it. I don't want to clutter things up with posts that nobody will use or make a duplicate of a thread that already exists by accident. But if there's an event where you need to make new threads then all worries go out the window.

Yes! I make tbt marketplace threads, and that's pretty much it. Everything else...nope. So I really appreciate the more confident people making threads. Truly.

Back