• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I would NOT want to be staff right about now 😂😂😂

Staff voting is easy. You go down the entries taking notes of all the ones you like, then you realise your list is too long and cry loudly while trying to decide which ones you like more... 😭

So what I'm getting is, staff voting is just as frustrating, if not more frustrating, as trying to defeat this guy in stick hockey.

Yesssssss ham and pineapple forever!!!! 🍕🍕🍕🍍🍍🍍
It's my current obsession. I've been eating a disgusting amount of it lately.

After an over two-hour wait (!!) the beauty has arrived. Bye friends. I'm gonna go play video games for the first time since, uhh, June. Thanks for the chat!

20220909_193924.jpg

Also, I thought everyone would like to know that @Laudine has been successfully convinced to get pizza when the shop opens later. 😂

Would it be possible to highlight them after voting closes on the polls? 👀
If I remember, sure. But let's be honest, I've a brain like a sieve. I've a reputation for being the slow/forgetful one on the team. 😔

Anticipating the HECK out of Staff Favorites, voting, and the Closing Ceremony. This event was so so so fun and even though I had to drop off pretty soon into it cause if school, I feel I put up a lot of effort!
I mean I toiled over the entries I did. You should've seen me going back and forth with my friend for Hero's Crossing, Behind the Bookcase and even Forest of the Lustrous. We also got a chance to scream whenever answers to Mysteries of the Monolith were revealed (they're a fan of puzzles & ciphers and riddles, so we both work on them alone even though they're not a member of the site and check back once answers are revealed).

I'm excited to see what staff's favorite entries are!!!! Everyone did amazingly!!! I wish I had time to dedicate more time reading Hero's Crossing entries. I've skimmed a few and 👁👄👁
Wrow

While I'm still a bit disappointed that I couldn't finish my Hero's Crossing entry in time, between the 12 participation tickets I missed out on and the potential that I might have gotten nominated, it's probably for the best because it was 6600+ words and might have even hit 7000 if I did finish it. One less (particularly long) entry to read.
Mine would have been clocking in around 10-12K for a short story, and it would have felt rushed. I decided to hang on to it and I'm going to retool it for NaNo.

So, thank you, TBT for giving me my NaNo project!

So excited! I haven’t spent my tickets just in case…..I don’t know, every other entry in some category gets disqualified and mine squeaks in? Haha, I’m not sure what I’m waiting for, actually, since I’m confident I only have the slightest chance at a nomination in one category. Can’t wait to vote on all the spellbooks and tiny little gyroid scenes!

Mine would have been clocking in around 10-12K for a short story, and it would have felt rushed. I decided to hang on to it and I'm going to retool it for NaNo.

So, thank you, TBT for giving me my NaNo project!
I wish I had held onto mine to do the same...kinda. Not to be a novel/novella piece but maybe get back into publishing in lit mags. I hadn't written with publishing in mind in a very long time. As I was writing it I enjoyed the idea of seeing it go through that process. I'm very thankful that the event reawakened the writer in me.

Staff voting is easy. You go down the entries taking notes of all the ones you like, then you realise your list is too long and cry loudly while trying to decide which ones you like more... 😭
Nominate all of them and rain tickets on everybody 🥳✨🌧
No crying needed. 👍

…no? 😂

We appreciate all the agonizing and critical thinking of the staff. Hosting the event was already such a high effort task, but now having to slather your eyeballs on every post with intention… this thread says it all:
You da real MVPs!

Nominate all of them and rain tickets on everybody 🥳✨🌧
No crying needed. 👍

…no? 😂

We appreciate all the agonizing and critical thinking of the staff. Hosting the event was already such a high effort task, but now having to slather your eyeballs on every post with intention… this thread says it all:
You da real MVPs!
I agree, "YOU get an Enchanted Bloom, and YOU get an Enchanted Bloom. EVERYBODY gets an Enchanted Bloom! 😃🤩😅😃

I feel that the spaceship emoji was specifically for @Mick lol 👀😂
Intended or not, I will interpret it as such. It is mine now 👀

FrayedGreatAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif
Yes, it was absolutely intended for you, Mick. Couldn't have the unwilling hobbit feeling left out. Maybe next time you'll get your space theme. 🚀

I appreciate all the work the staff do so much 🙏
They could have just left this as an ordinary animal crossing forum but instead the staff choose to work so hard bringing the community together with these events and letting everyone have a fun time over the summer(well fall-ish I guess) 🥺

That Hero’s Crossing was so stressful and I didn’t even submit anything. I couldn’t even come up with an idea, lol.

Back