• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I would NOT want to be staff right about now 😂😂😂

While I'm still a bit disappointed that I couldn't finish my Hero's Crossing entry in time, between the 12 participation tickets I missed out on and the potential that I might have gotten nominated, it's probably for the best because it was 6600+ words and might have even hit 7000 if I did finish it. One less (particularly long) entry to read.

While I'm still a bit disappointed that I couldn't finish my Hero's Crossing entry in time, between the 12 participation tickets I missed out on and the potential that I might have gotten nominated, it's probably for the best because it was 6600+ words and might have even hit 7000 if I did finish it. One less (particularly long) entry to read.
Oh hun. Mine was over 8000 words. No joke.

Staff favourites can take a good 20-40 minutes per event - and that doesn't take writing events into account. I completed my nominations for the three contests (Behind the Bookcase, Gorgeous Glades, and Hero's Crossing) about an hour ago, tallied up all the votes so far, and then messaged all of the staff who have still yet to vote. I've just ordered myself a pizza as a reward for getting all of the stuff and things done.

Oh, and thank you for the fairy dust!! 🧚

P.S. Yes, this does mean that the contest polls are coming soon™! ;)

Staff favourites can take a good 20-40 minutes per event - and that doesn't take writing events into account. I completed my nominations for the three contests (Behind the Bookcase, Gorgeous Glades, and Hero's Crossing) about an hour ago, tallied up all the votes so far, and then messaged all of the staff who have still yet to vote. I've just ordered myself a pizza as a reward for getting all of the stuff and things done.

Oh, and thank you for the fairy dust!! 🧚

P.S. Yes, this does mean that the contest polls are coming soon™! ;)
I’m so sorry my Hero’s crossing was soooooo freaking long. I really had not intended for that to happen as I am not a writer at all. I am telling you that story wrote me. Some of the details in it I had no idea where they were going when I wrote them in until the end when they came back in to play. I commend you guys having to go through all these because some of them are so so so good.

Here's a pizza sprinkled with fairy dust as a reward to all the Staff for hosting such a fun event & going through all the entries for Staff Favorite!

MdJB.gif

I can't imagine how hard picking Staff Favorites must be.

As someone who is not artistically gifted I don't ever expect my entries to be nominated so I don't go through that period of nervousness. I do like seeing the winners & all the other entries though. I'm always really thankful for the participation rewards!

I'm a slow reader and I've just spent 3 hours reading Hero's Crossing entries 🥲 Not complaining though since the entries are fantastic, I loved reading the stories!! It's almost 4am now but pizza as a reward sounds like a great idea.

Contest voting are already tough, I'm really dreading event voting now haha.

Thank you for the fairy dust by the way, magical dust is always appreciated 🧚‍♂️ ✨

I’m so sorry my Hero’s crossing was soooooo freaking long. I really had not intended for that to happen as I am not a writer at all. I am telling you that story wrote me. Some of the details in it I had no idea where they were going when I wrote them in until the end when they came back in to play. I commend you guys having to go through all these because some of them are so so so good.
That is the best part about writing: when the characters take over and the story more or less writes itself. I actually almost submitted an entry to Hero's Crossing too. I utilise a similar structure to Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey in everything I write, so that aspect wasn't a challenge for me; it was time that was against me on that one!

There were some really fantastic entries to that contest. I'd highlight one or two I really enjoyed as an example, but I don't fancy getting scolded by boss man.

Here's a pizza sprinkled with fairy dust as a reward to all the Staff for hosting such a fun event & going through all the entries for Staff Favorite!

MdJB.gif

I can't imagine how hard picking Staff Favorites must be.

As someone who is not artistically gifted I don't ever expect my entries to be nominated so I don't go through that period of nervousness. I do like seeing the winners & all the other entries though. I'm always really thankful for the participation rewards!
Pepperoni is normally my go to, so this looks fantastic. I've ham & pineapple on its way to me though. 🤤

I'm a slow reader and I've just spent 3 hours reading Hero's Crossing entries 🥲 Not complaining though since the entries are fantastic, I loved reading the stories!! It's almost 4am now but pizza as a reward sounds like a great idea.
I've eaten pizza for breakfast on so many occasions. It's always the right time of day for it!

I'd have loved to read it regardless of length. I'm just starting on the Hero's Crossing stories now. Unfortunately, I can only read a few at a time, but I'm so looking forward to reading them all.

That is the best part about writing: when the characters take over and the story more or less writes itself. I actually almost submitted an entry to Hero's Crossing too. I utilise a similar structure to Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey in everything I write, so that aspect wasn't a challenge for me; it was time that was against me on that one!

There were some really fantastic entries to that contest. I'd highlight one or two I really enjoyed as an example, but I don't fancy getting scolded by boss man.

Pepperoni is normally my go to, so this looks fantastic. I've ham & pineapple on its way to me though. 🤤

I've eaten pizza for breakfast on so many occasions. It's always the right time of day for it!
Yesssssss ham and pineapple forever!!!! 🍕🍕🍕🍍🍍🍍

I have no hopes at staff favs but honestly I am nervous for friends whose entries are amazing and deserve a win 🙏❤️

This is my second major event and it feels like my first (was too scared to say hi to anyone 😂) I feel part of this community and it’s thanks to the amazing people here and the staff. Thank you from the heart of my bottom 😘🥰❤️

Staff voting is easy. You go down the entries taking notes of all the ones you like, then you realise your list is too long and cry loudly while trying to decide which ones you like more... 😭

I'm still trying to make my way through all the entries but so far I definitely feel like trying to narrow down staff favourites must be an impossible task!

I'm not a good artist or writer in the slightest (somehow it's only ever TBT that makes me attempt it!) but I'm constantly blown away by the amazing talent on this forum and all the support shown to one another in this community - there are so many deserving winners throughout the contests and events so best of luck to the staff with narrowing it down, massive congrats to everyone that gets a nomination (can't wait to see all those beautiful Enchanted Blooms and Heart of the Forest collectibles in stunning line ups!) and thank you staff for hosting another amazing event 💕

Back