• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I would NOT want to be staff right about now 😂😂😂

We may have lost to the mirrors but at least staff has to agonize over our contest entries.

Maybe next time I'll remember to write a 10k word story consisting of nothing but run on sentences. That should serve as revenge...

Next time there's a story event, we could all write a chapter of a larger story (in code, of course) submit them out of order, and then the last submission would be a mirror to solve to obtain the hint for the cipher, and a math puzzle to determine the order of the chapters.

Heh heh...kidding, of course...

The benefit of being one of the hosts for the writing event is that I was able to write down notes as the submissions came in. Hardest part is shortening that list when it came time for nominations. There were so many great stories. 😭

Fun fact, more than 191,200 words were submitted to Hero's Journey. That's more than the average word count for a novel!

Next time there's a story event, we could all write a chapter of a larger story (in code, of course) submit them out of order, and then the last submission would be a mirror to solve to obtain the hint for the cipher, and a math puzzle to determine the order of the chapters.

That's what some people on staff say, and then sometimes we decide to do it anyway. 🤔

The benefit of being one of the hosts for the writing event is that I was able to write down notes as the submissions came in. Hardest part is shortening that list when it came time for nominations. There were so many great stories. 😭

Fun fact, more than 191,200 words were submitted to Hero's Journey. That's more than the average word count for a novel!
So what you're saying is we should publish it. We split the royalties to 2 pennies each member because it wasn't promoted properly and only one person buys it.

Kidding aside, sounds a lot like school assignments. There have been a lot of great entries that everyone has posted. Good luck with sorting through them all staff. And you all did an amazing job handling the entire event.

I explained the TBT Fair to my brother in the car the other day and he seemed unable to believe it. “They give you amiibo, Nintendo Online memberships, and handmade items for free?” I also clarified that the non-physical items were pixel images that surely took many hours to produce. When you really think about it, the amount of time, effort, and money that goes into TBT Fairs (and the other events, quite frankly) is mind-blowing. Thank you for all the work you do to keep us, mere strangers on the Internet, so consistently entertained. This is hands down the best website I’ve ever joined, even through the frantic Shop refreshing and egg hunt-induced migraines! I’m sure being a staff member feels like a thankless job, but I know we all really appreciate what you do ☺️

You guys deserve all the time you need...
and some cookies...

I know right?? Reading all the Hero's Crossing entries alone must take A LOT of time. Like, A LOT.

And then all the art that was made for this event - the collectibles (SO MANY this fair!), the banners, the backdrops, the mirrors, the lineart for coloring, Mistreil's game... and then the physical prizes! And the other stuff like the formatting of each event page, the screenshots for Where Is Gnome/Haniwa Homes examples/I-Spy stage of Mysteries of the Monolith... AND having to count everything in Count Inside the Bottle!
Can't forget the Gaming Grove too! Setting up streaming and everything, putting up with lag, etc.
And then going through allllll those entries, for all the events and contests.

Honestly I hope the staff enjoy it, because that is a lot of work.

i’m tired and not entirely sober so i’m so sorry if i’m rambling jdknsks, but i wanted to say something.

i genuinely do not understand how tbt staff do what they do. and i mean that fr, with the most awe and appreciation. they don’t have to take the time to come up with ideas for, organize and host events for us, or design stunning little pixels for us to obsess over, or put time and money towards offering us physical prizes for essentially free. but they do. even when they’re busy with real life, or they aren’t feeling their best, or they aren’t treated with as much respect and patience as they should be, they still go out of their ways for us. this fair, a lot of tbt staff seem/ed to be busy with stuff irl, and yet they still did this for us. tbt staff are truly some of the most selfless people i’ve ever met.

i know everyone’s eagerly awaiting the contest polls and for winners/staff faves and raffles to be announced (myself included), and i can only imagine how much pressure staff must be feeling rn. i know it probably won’t mean much coming from me since i’m essentially a stranger lol, but staff — thank you so much for everything ya’ll do. i may not be able to participate in every event fully due to stuff going on in my own life, but i appreciate each one just the same. i’ve had a blast with every single contest/event that has been held since i came back from hiatus in 2020, no matter how big or small they were. the prizes are always so lovely, and the fact that ya’ll actually offer physical prizes during fair is just... wow. like, laudine’s celeste plushie? mistreil’s art stand? the amiibo card packs and the sticker packs and literally everything? so, so generous and amazing. i’ll be receiving my first mailbox prize pack this year, and i’m so so excited. i already know it’s gonna slay.

idk where i’m going with this and i definitely rambled xjoxnxo, but tldr; thank you, staff. 💕

Last edited:
As usual, there were so many amazing entries. I too would have have a hard time picking. So huge respect to the staff for their patience and hard work.

Next month is Halloween, so there's gonna be something again. And then the Holidays! There's very little time to rest in between.

This actually gave me an idea, where the dialogue is in code, everything else is the same but the dialodue has to be coded to know what they're talking about.
Wether or not the dialogue is useful or brings unique insight to the characters, all depends, but I thought it sounded interesting, where the main actions were more focused rather that what character's are saying to each other.
I can’t wait to see what’s planned for Halloween and Christmas.
Same, getting myself ready for Halloween~ Love it.

I did adore all the stuff the staff did for this fair, it was such a wonderful event, that brought my creative out again while struggling with it. Despite not getting the chance to finish my story, I'll at some point and upload it in musuem thread or something :D

Going to be real here for a minute, holidays have always been a sore spot for me. As a child I used to have a large family that came together on holidays to throw big parties, these times were so special to me. Unfortunately, when I was in middle school my maternal grandfather passed, and from there my family just fell apart. I'll spare you the nasty details, but at this point, the people who are still alive whom I consider my family has shrank from over 50 members to 5 and none but my sister live in the same state as me. On top of this, I lost touch with practically all my friends when I graduated highschool.
Before I found Tbt, I would spend my lonely holidays on 4chan, I felt a sort of kinship to these other lonely losers. Sadly 4chan lives up to it's reputation of reprehensible behavior. Lots of cyberbullies slinging slurs at eachother, and uneducated racists. I feel like it all stems from people feeling hated by society, so they want to find a target they can pick on to not feel so low. Despite this, I loved how the boards would interact with each other on holidays, they would make board specific valentines and wish each other happy holidays, it was a space I could visit where others also felt the sting of loneliness on what were supposed to be special days of celebration.

Enter Tbt. I made my account back 2014 when my sister got the both of us NL, and I was instantly hooked. My lifelong obsession with pokemon prompted me to want to catalog every item in the game, but I didn't have access to the DLC items as I picked up the game late into it's lifecycle and a lot of them were Japan exclusive. I made my account to find a way to trade for them.
I played NL quite a lot but I only used this site as a means to an end, specifically for getting the afternoon tea set, the shaved ice lamp, and all of the Japan 7-11 colab items. I got every item in NL cataloged and that was that. I didn't think about tbt very much for a while, until NH was announced.

NH dropped in March 2020, the day before lockdown started in my state. I was isolated in my house with only my sister and fiance and I did nothing but play NH with my sister nonstop for months. I remembered Tbt of course and when I decided to get serious about cataloging all the NH items, I logged back in to tbt and started to spend more time checking out the website. This was at the time of the 2020 tbt fair. The first event I ever participated in here, and the first time I really got to experience what this community was all about. No one was digging at eachother, they were all sharing their art and having fun lifting eachother up. Sure, not every entry is an incredible masterpiece, but people were having fun sharing their takes on prompts and complimenting each other's ideas. I absolutely loved it, and thought this is what a family should be. For me, Tbt has provided access to this incredible community where we can share our passion for a game about talking animals without fear of being harassed. I had somewhere to turn when I had no one else to share my holidays with. At this point I've all but ran out of things to do on my NH island, but I still feel urged to check out the latest tbt events. I'm incredibly grateful for all of the enjoyment the Tbt staff has brought me the last few years.

From the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you to the staff and community of tbt for keeping this website a safe space to enjoy our silly talking animal life sim, share our art, and build eachother up. 💜

Last edited:
Going to be real here for a minute, holidays have always been a sore spot for me. As a child I used to have a large family that came together on holidays to throw big parties, these times were so special to me. Unfortunately, when I was in middle school my maternal grandfather passed, and from there my family just fell apart. I'll spare you the nasty details, but at this point, the people who are still alive whom I consider my family has shrank from over 50 members to 5 and none but my sister live in the same state as me. On top of this, I lost touch with practically all my friends when I graduated highschool.
Before I found Tbt, I would spend my lonely holidays on 4chan, I felt a sort of kinship to these other lonely losers. Sadly 4chan lives up to it's reputation of reprehensible behavior. Lots of cyberbullies slinging slurs at eachother, and uneducated racists. I feel like it all stems from people feeling hated by society, so they want to find a target they can pick on to not feel so low. Despite this, I loved how the boards would interact with each other on holidays, they would make board specific valentines and wish each other happy holidays, it was a space I could visit where others also felt the sting of loneliness on what were supposed to be special days of celebration.

Enter Tbt. I made my account back 2014 when my sister got the both of us NL, and I was instantly hooked. My lifelong obsession with pokemon prompted me to want to catalog every item in the game, but I didn't have access to the DLC items as I picked up the game late into it's lifecycle and a lot of them were Japan exclusive. I made my account to find a way to trade for them.
I played NL quite a lot but I only used this site as a means to an end, specifically for getting the afternoon tea set, the shaved ice lamp, and all of the Japan 7-11 colab items. I got every item in NL cataloged and that was that. I didn't think about tbt very much for a while, until NH was announced.

NH dropped in March 2020, the day before lockdown started in my state. I was isolated in my house with only my sister and fiance and I did nothing but play NH with my sister nonstop for months. I remembered Tbt of course and when I decided to get serious about cataloging all the NH items, I logged back in to tbt and started to spend more time checking out the website. This was at the time of the 2020 tbt fair. The first event I ever participated in here, and the first time I really got to experience what this community was all about. No one was digging at eachother, they were all sharing their art and having fun lifting eachother up. Sure, not every entry is an incredible masterpiece, but people were having fun sharing their takes on prompts and complimenting each other's ideas. I absolutely loved it, and thought this is what a family should be. For me, Tbt has provided access to this incredible community where we can share our passion for a game about talking animals without fear of being harassed. I had somewhere to turn when I had no one else to share my holidays with. At this point I've all but ran out of things to do on my NH island, but I still feel urged to check out the latest tbt events. I'm incredibly grateful for all of the enjoyment the Tbt staff has brought me the last few years.

From the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you to the staff and community of tbt for keeping this website a safe space to enjoy our silly talking animal life sim, share our art, and build eachother up. 💜
Oh honey, I feel u, to the bottom of my heart! 2020-2021 was extremely unkind to me. I lost my dad, my parrot and 2 dogs which put me into a very deep depression for months and also went through spinal surgery which was pretty scary(and painful!) Some of the only light I saw were some of the events on here and they helped so so much. I also met my 2 real life besties on this sight for which I will always be forever grateful for. (Even though neither one gets on here anymore 😭😭😭). AC will always hold a special place in my heart. I prob will for realzy get bk into my game soon and I have our awesome staff to thank for that as well!

Back