Normal Villager Tier List

View attachment 280364
Honestly any of the villagers in tier A and probably some in tier B could end up moving to S if I meet them in game. Fauna would have been Tier B, if I hadn’t found her in my campsite and invited her and now I love her to bits! And Alice I saw while island hopping and regret not inviting. Her freckles! So cute!
I do have Flurry now. She might be S (which I think of as probably never moving out) and might be A, where I ended up putting her for now. Sorry bb!

Update:

Still loving Flurry. But still a bit lost on whether I ‘S Tier’ love any of the normals. It’s a weird thing because I love a lot of them. I no longer rank even the kangaroos as D tier. There are so many of them that I like so much, but still not sure if they yet rise to the level of absolute fave love that I expect/ want. I have high hopes for Maggie, who recently moved in (such a cutie!), and Sydney who I recently discovered and is at the top of my island hopping short list now.

so yeah, don’t really hate any of these, though some, like Merengue and Gayle, I feel more negatively about the design. Side note - my husband calls Merengue ‘Merengue the impaler’ because he thinks her horn looks bloody and honestly, it makes me like her a little more.

E5BC2C1F-0CF1-4F6B-92EF-03CD17C86331.jpeg

NormalVillagerTierList.png

The villagers in S tier are only ones which I have had and loved - the rest I just judged on their looks - some of them I had and thought they were ok. The ones in D are just pretty ugly - the only villager I've had was Jambette in New Horizons and I hated her.

View attachment 280212

Had I not found Lily on a mystery island, she’d either be in tier A or B. She has really grown on me so much that I think she deserves a spot next to two of my favorites Kiki & Lolly (who I never had).

I don’t care much for the designs of alligators, bears, goats, chickens, bulls/cows, elephants, mice, pigs, most horses, most birds, parrots, kangaroos, koalas. Also, I don’t like villagers that wear a a lot of makeup.

Here’s an update on mine:

F995835C-42B6-4C33-8C41-BAEA3F5CA0C3.png

Hippos used to be a big no from me and so were elephants, but I admit that even some elephants are starting to win me over thanks to @xara’s adorable screenshots with Margie, I believe 😊. I’m not sure who started posting Bertha pictures but now I am interested in her (I thing part of it might be because rocco grew on me and i really like her color). :)

*people making tier lists* - "just so everyone knows, all the villagers who everyone else loves and have been shown to be popular - I like them too"

Unpopular opinion
Normals for me are a wash of white, pink, soft brown colors and overtly "cute" features... I think they are one of the most boring personalities overall. I had two in my town at one point and knew I would never do it again. Jambette is the one exception that gives off so much powerful energy that the common AC ravel can't handle it. Bettina also has great energy especially when most mice are abysmal.

The absolute disrespect dealt to Alice (and Marcie, she's pretty) in this entire thread is vile. My baby girl :(

my-image-1.png

I didn't expect to dislike as many normals as I ended up disliking lol. I guess I misremembered some snooties and peppies as normals

Normal Tiers.png

Normal is basically as safe, sweet, and boring from personality to designs. I still like a good portion of them though.

Poppy use to be S tier for me. Her eyes and mouth have loss her some ground. Midge and Savannah have been climbing up. Still can't decide if I find Kiki and Mitzi cute or off putting. They are two of the better cats though.

Chevre's mouth is hideous when she is speaking. It doesn't look right at all. So she joins Peaches and Marcie to complete See No Evil, Smell No Evil, and Speak No Evil.

my-image.png

Probably about time I hit up these threads and filled out my tier lists.

I'd probably take home any of S, A, or B tiers if I was villager hunting, unless I was avoiding repeats (I've had Vesta, Lolly, Daisy, Chevre, Nan, Stella, and Molly on my previous island already, so I'd probably not take them again) or going for a specific aesthetic -- generally speaking, I'm not sure if my island aesthetic will ever fit Skye, for example, although she's absolutely precious.

I really love a lot of normals more than I thought! The top 4 are all ones I've super bonded with, and Gayle is on the way to that.... F are either ones I feel deeply uncomfortable looking at, or have a strong grudge/rivalry with lol. Probably could've moved a lot of the high Cs to B but eh
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 7.59.18 PM.png

Fauna was the first villager to give me her photo, so she's special to me. I also love Poppy (and her gorgeous house) and Skye, who comes across as delightfully clueless. And Pekoe. Sylvana is also cute.

Normal.png

My best friend and my enemy are both this personality, so I made their own tiers especially for them.

Honestly some of these surprised me! My S T is definitely Kiki and Lolly, with Sylvana and Olive as the newest to join their ranks. Megan totally creeps me out though haha
my-image.png

Mine is bias over my favourite species and who I have had in the past :)

S: Whole other LEAGUE. Gladys is my baby in WW and NL, and I can never love her enough.
A: I like them a lot, so many are super cute and I would have another normal for one of them :) I have had Marina, Chevre, Poppy and Merengue across WW, NL and NH and I loved all of them.
B: Cute but less cute than A. I’ve had Deena and Olive and I liked both of them.
C: Wouldn’t want them to stay in my island, only one with a chance is Gala but unlikely.
D: I can’t stand them and when I see them it’s like they don’t fit in the Animal Crossing world. Jambette’s energy is too much for me.
my-image 4.png

Can you tell what my least favourite colour is lol.

Trying to balance personalities is so hard because I love way too many normal villagers. I had 7/10 in my town as normals for a solid 2-3 years (Molly, Pokoe, Gladys, Stella, Fauna, Lolly, and Margie) and had to tearfully let some go because I needed other public works.

my-image.png

my-image.png

I don't hate any of the normals, but I find many that when people go absolutely bonkers over a certain villager and that villager is all I see in some themed town, ESPECIALLY cottage-core, forest, pink or pastely girly uwu themes (you know what villager(s) I'm talking about) I lose interest in them. Also Meg's design is so BORING. All the other new NH animals are cool except her. Plus she's a normal which is not my fave personality.

S tier- absolutely love would want in my town/island (and infact some I do have) and I'm biased towards sheep. Sheep are God tier.
A tier- I like them, I think they're neat, would let them live on my island/town (both Lolly & Rhonda actually live on my NL towns)
B tier- I like them
C tier- Meh
D tier- pass

Looking at this Gayle should be moved down.

Back