• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Personalities: Best to Worst (Rank)

1. Lazy
2. Smug
3. Snooty
4. Cranky
5. Normal
6. Peppy
7. Jock
8. Uchi (only because I never had an uchi)

1. Cranky!
2. Lazy
3. Normal
4. Smug
5. Uchi
6. Peppy
7. Jock
8. Snooty

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. Cranky.
2. Lazy.
3. Smug.
4. Jock.
5. Peppy.
6. Snooty.
7. Normal.
8. Uchi.

The first person to work out what's interesting about that order gets a cupcake.
Boy personalities to girls? o-o

one. smug
two. cranky
three. normal
four. uchi
five. lazy
six. snooty
seven. jock
eight. peppy

i just can't stand peppy. too hyper and cutesy.

1. Snooty
2. Cranky
3. Smug
4. Peppy
5. Uchi
6. Jock
7. Normal
8. Lazy

Most of the normal ones are just boring,even when they are cute. I prefer unusually normal ones more than the boring looking but cute ones. Jambette, Skye,Coco are my favs there. Lazys are just annoying for mele and i dislike the most designes of them

Boys in the top, girls in the bottom?

Yep. I generally prefer male villagers over female villagers.

Haha, I take it you really don't like jocks then? :p I had the same opinion before NL.

1: Smug is the best. I have Hippeux in my town, and he's just the best. No debate.
2: Uchi! What's with all the hate for uchi? My resident Uchi is Charlise, not sure if that would sway my opinion.
3: Peppy. All the best villagers are peppy, even if they get a might bit annoying.
4: Lazy. I can't really imagine putting lazy lower than this. Nothing to hate, but not too much to love, either.
5: Normal, which is, in my mind, on par with lazy. Can't hate 'em, but nothing stands out.
6: Snooty. If this were any other game they'd be lower, but in New Leaf, their personality was toned down.
7: Cranky. I didn't even realize my villager Del was cranky until I looked it up right now. It's... not cranky enough!
8: Jock have the opposite problem. They seem to care for nothing except exercise! New Leaf disappointed me here.

1: Smug is the best. I have Hippeux in my town, and he's just the best. No debate.
2: Uchi! What's with all the hate for uchi? My resident Uchi is Charlise, not sure if that would sway my opinion.
3: Peppy. All the best villagers are peppy, even if they get a might bit annoying.
4: Lazy. I can't really imagine putting lazy lower than this. Nothing to hate, but not too much to love, either.
5: Normal, which is, in my mind, on par with lazy. Can't hate 'em, but nothing stands out.
6: Snooty. If this were any other game they'd be lower, but in New Leaf, their personality was toned down.
7: Cranky. I didn't even realize my villager Del was cranky until I looked it up right now. It's... not cranky enough!
8: Jock have the opposite problem. They seem to care for nothing except exercise! New Leaf disappointed me here.

Exactly! OMG uchi's are great!!

1) Smug
I love how they flirt with you. It's so cuute c=

2) Uchi
My Uchi villager Cherry is just always so nice to me and :'3

3) Normal
They're nice :)
4) Lazy
I don't really know why people like them so much- maybe because I have 2 lazy villagers, the appeal has worn off. They talk about... the same thing. All the time.
5) Jock
Same as Lazy.
6) Cranky
I hate my cranky villager.
7) Peppy
I find them super annoying. And I'm the one who usually really likes the super cute personalities.

Last edited:
1. Normal (So sweet, how can you not love them!)
2. Smug (They're funny)
3. Lazy (Also funny)
4. Cranky (Not as tough as they like to seem!)
5. Snooty (I've always liked them for some reason...their houses are pretty)
6. Jock (They can be really annoying but two of my favorite villagers from WW are jocks)
7. Uchi (Nothing against them, they're just kind of...bland?)
8. Peppy (Not a fan. There's a few I like such as Tangy, Pippy, Agent S...)

1. Lazy- They are really dumb...and that's why I love 'em;)
2. Snooty- I like how they just tell it like it is:D
3. Peppy- Love they're immaturity and how they are just annoyingly adorable
4. Uchi- They are very sweet, caring, and likable
5. Smug- Only reason they aren't up higher up is that their constant flirting annoys me
6. Normal- They are really sweet, but can get a bit boring sometimes
7. Jock- They are really conceited, I still like them though
8. Cranky- I just don't like this personality. They seem really overrated despite being really rude and annoying:mad:

1. Smug - They remind me, of well...me! They're so flamboyant and stuff xD Plus Marshal. 'Nuff said.
2. Jock - I really can't see why people don't like them. They're always so cheerful and I enjoy being someone's bro :'3
3. Uchi - I can't see why people hate this one either...I really like the Uchi personality, I think they do the fit the description "Big Sister" But I could be biased as I have Muffy :)
4. Cranky - I used to not like them, but then Butch came and changed my whole point of view! Now I really enjoy being in their presence xD
5. Peppy - I enjoy there never ending cheeriness, but it's easy to get annoyed by them...but they''re still likable I guess.
6. Normal - I love the designs and how sweet they are, but it's just too repetitive. I want to love them, I do.
7. Lazy - Nothing really against them, but nothing really for them either :/
8. Snooty - Don't even get me started. The only reason I don't like them is because what I like to call "The Blaire Incident of 2013".

1. Cranky: I think these are the funniest and most lovable villagers. I find it easier to warm up to a cranky than to any other type of villager. Though they're a lot gentler in New Leaf I've always loved their gruff demeanor and it feels very rewarding to work towards a friendly relationship with them.
2. Uchi: I LOVE the uchi personality. They're a perfect mix of tougher traits as well as caring ones, and I think AC really needed a personality type like this for females. They're energetic without being nuts like peppy villagers and they seem really easy to relate to. And I think their use of casual slang (such as "ya know") is really endearing.
3. Smug: Though I think smug villagers are one of the more repetitive villager types, they're pretty charming and have said some really amusing things. I also think this personality type writes the best letters. They're so dramatic!
4. Snooty: I like the kinder snooty personality in New Leaf. They got sort of grating in the older games, but I think they achieved a nice balance in New Leaf. I like their sophisticated demeanor and they can be pretty unintentionally funny.
5. Normal: Though definitely the most dull of all the villager types, a normal villager is a refreshing change from the sometimes over-the-top caricatures of the other personalities, and they sometimes say really silly things! Their sweetness is also quite welcome.
6. Peppy: I don't dislike peppy villagers, at all, but sometimes they seem a bit too self-absorbed and hyperactive for me. I still have quite a few favorite peppy types, though, including my absolute favorite, Cheri!
7. Lazy: Lazy villagers can often be cute and charming, but sometimes I find their personality a little too overbearing and dopey. They can be really funny and I don't dislike them, but I find it easy to get fed up with talking to a lazy type.
8. Jock: Jock is my least favorite because I find them the least relative to myself - I'm definitely no athlete and their endless talk of running and playing sports can get exhausting. I think they can be just as funny as a lazy villager, though, and in moderation I really like them. I prefer to have only one jock in my town, however.

Yes i'm replying to a 10 year old post! ✨

Lazy - Their phrases are just too relatable in NL and i never get bored of it!

Snooty - Not a big fan of them in other AC games, but here they have some nice phrases that fits them, and none is rude!

Sisterly - Is it my impression or they have very few phrases? Either way, i love my uchi girls!

Normal - Just like lazy i never get bored of their phrases, even if they arent really that interesting XD

Peppy - Repetetive phrases... But i still love their energy!

Cranky - I dont like the crankies as much as i do in ever other AC game, i wish they were a bit more... cranky! They are too nice in NL and it feels like they are being forcefully nice...

Jock - Only ever talks about sports... Eeeh...

Smug - Just not a fan, i rarely talk with my smug villager(s)!

my town is almost always full of lazy and normal villagers. they're my favourite types of villagers, but i'll usually have a jock or peppy villager in the mix as well. if i'm really feeling like things are starting to get dry conversation wise, i'll throw in a cranky, uchi or smuch villager into the mix to spice things up! but because they aren't normally my favourite villager types, i rarely interact with them LOL

my personal tier list goes like this:
1. lazy - i find them to be the most charming and funny villager type!
2. normal - a very sweet type of villager! i just wanna hang out with them all day
3. jock - talking to them makes me feel energized and pumped up whooo
4. peppy - being around this villager type makes me feel happy! i feel like their peppiness is contagious at times
5. cranky - i see the appeal of the slow to warm up friendship but i often feel like this deters me from speaking to cranky villagers
6. uchi - i don't know how to feel about this villager type, maybe i haven't interacted with enough of them to get a general feeling
7. smug - there are a few villagers in this group that are super cute, but i don't really like interacting with them unfortunately
8. snooty - i find them to be kinda stuffy, i don't know. i just don't like dealing with snooty villagers to be honest

1. Cranky
My all-time favorite villager personality! It's the cutest and sweetest personality ever, and I find them easier to get along with than the other personalities. I really hate how they had lost their personality and charm in Pocket Camp and New Horizons, they are so boring to me now, that's the reason I do not have and want any crankies on my island.

2. Lazy
They may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but they definitely have funny and adorable dialogue! I think it's really cute how they look up to the player like their big brother/sister! I don't really care for their obsessions with bugs and food that much, though...

3. Peppy
I think a lot of the peppies are cute, and they are quite fun to hang around with!

4. Sisterly
It's pretty funny how they cannot say, "doppelganger", and they pronounce it as, "wafflehanger", during the April Fool's Day event in New Leaf. There aren't too many sisterly villagers with cute designs, however.

5. Smug
I feel there's really not much for me to say about this personality type, as they don't seem to have as much personality as some of the others, so that's why the smug personality type is right in the middle...

6. Normal
There are a lot of cute normal villagers, but maybe I think that they are a bit TOO normal, since I find them pretty boring, though they're definitely not as boring as the bland Pocket Camp and New Horizons crankies.

7. Snooty
They may be nice on the inside, but they tend to get kind of ****** often, and I've always hated having to deal with passive-aggressive people in real life...

8. Jock
They do have funny conversations with the player and other villagers, but I just get tired of hearing about workouts and fitness all the time...

1. Lazy. They’re my favorite in every game except maybe GameCube where they’re not as cute and funny. They always spice up conversations.
2. Normal. They’re just so cute and sweet!
3. Cranky. They’re kind of mean depending on the game, but that adds to their character.
4. Peppy. They’re just cheerful in general.
5. Jock. A little annoying, but I still like them.
6. Snooty. They’re meaner in older games like crankies, but something rubs me the wrong way about snooties specifically. Maybe their dialogue just isn’t as funny?
7. Smug. It’s only this low because besides Marshal, Eugene, and maybe Julian, Lopez, and Graham, I can’t think of any I care about. The personality type is just too small, which is understandable because of when they were introduced, but still lowers the ranking by a lot.
8. Sisterly. The same as before, but even worse. Cherry is my favorite, but she’s really the only one besides Renee. This might be because after Muffy left my town a few weeks after starting, I didn’t get another sisterly for more than a year, which was Cherry. I couldn’t even scan an amiibo card for one even though I wanted to, because like I said, I can barely think of any I like.

normal - normal has been my favourite personality in every game! i love the designs of the normal villagers the most (a big chunk of my fave villagers are normal), and i also love their dialogue! i love how sweet and caring they are, but how they also sometimes have a sassy side (moreso in the older games, but still) as well. i also relate a lot to their dialogue when they second guess themselves, seem to consider other people’s feelings more than their own, just want others to be happy, etc.
lazy - lazy is my favourite male personality, and my second fave personality overall. i think the lazy villagers have the best designs out of all the male personalities, and i also love their dialogue. their food obsession is so fun to listen to (and lowkey relatable lol), and they‘re the perfect mixture of sweet, funny, heartwarming, and concerning haha
cranky - my second favourite male personality! i admittedly liked crankies a bit more in past games when they were actually still cranky, but i still liked them a lot in new leaf. they were like grumpy, caring, goofy grandpas 🩶
peppy - the peppy dialogue definitely gets a bit annoying after a while, but they’re still my second favourite female personality because of how cute their designs are! i also do admire how energetic they are, and how uplifting they can be : )
uchi/sisterly - they can be a little brash at times, but i really like the tough love sort of vibes they carry, and how they soften a bit towards us as we get closer to us. i also thought it was sweet that if you talked to a sisterly villager after getting stung by bees in new leaf, they would give you medicine if you were close enough friends with them.
snooty - like with the crankies, i liked them more in past games when they were actually rude and snooty, but i do love the elegance and sophistication of them in new leaf, and how they’re still a little self-obsessed while also still caring about others.
jock - i’ve never cared for their dialogue or for most of their designs much.
smug - my absolute least fave personality in new leaf. some of the smug villagers have cute designs, but their dialogue was just too annoying for me LOL. “you’re looking as cool as a fair number of cucumbers” still haunts me 😵‍💫

let's see, basing off of how I recall them.in new leaf

1 peppy (love their HAPPYenergy)
1 cranky (polar opposite of peppies, bit still just as great. though I do kind of miss the tough nut to crack but incredibly wholesome when you do style they had in the previous games)
3 lazy (they're just wholesome overload)
4 normal (they're fine)
4 snooty (also fine. which is hey, an improvement to past games. where they were far and beyond the worst personality before, imo)
6 uchi (I honestly just don't remember how they were in new leaf all that much)
7 jock (feel like a good portion of their dialogue has me mentally going 'please shut up')
8 smug (they're kinda really gross af in new leaf, imo)

I like having a mix of all personalities, but if I was to rank them:

1. Cranky - always been my favourite! I did enjoy their more mean personalities in previous games, but I also enjoy the grandpa energy in nh. I also love a lot of their designs!
2. Uchi - I like their tough but caring vibe, more interesting kind female personality than normal villagers, as much as I do like normal.
3. Lazy - I did prefer them more in past games, however I just find them wholesome and funny, and I love a lot of their designs!
4. Normal - Very sweet and cute designs, although I do find them a bit boring sometimes.
5. Peppy - Funny dialogue and good energy!
6. Jock - I do like jocks, but I find having more than one or two in my town too much. I find their constant fitness comments amusing and I like their energy, similar to peppy!
7. Snooty - Okay, but I preferred them when they were mean instead of just snooty? idk
8. Smug - never been the biggest fan. I like some of the villager's appearance, but I just find them weird and not wanting to talk to them as much.

Honestly, 4-6 are kind of interchangeable for me though

Back