• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT's Farewell to New Leaf: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all the winners, participants, and the staff! 🎉

I wasn’t able to participate because I wasn’t mentally in a good place, and it sucks that I couldn’t join the fun. But seeing all the submissions helped brighten my day.

Looking forward to the next events.
Ugh. Egg hunt. My nightmare.

IMG_6824.jpeg

the credits in the banner had me in tears until this mf showed up. now i’m crying for a whole different reason LOL

This is truly the most heartwarming, bittersweet, best event closing ceremony yet! My heart aches at the reality that the true end of the 3DS and New Leaf era is just around the corner, but it makes me so, so happy that so much love and effort was put into giving it such a beautiful sendoff! This event was a love letter to New Leaf, the sense of community it created, and all of the features and people that helped make it as amazing as it was. Thank you, staff, for hosting this event and giving us a chance to say farewell to this monumental, amazing game, and for giving us this amazing community! New Leaf is what brought me here almost 9 years ago, and the beautiful people, dedication and events that make up this community is why I stay! 💜

I am feeling very
IMG_6825.png
over seeing my Mayoral Memories writing up there, I’m so honoured that people liked it!! I wanted to try and encapsulate the love, longing and endless gratitude I have for New Leaf and all my memories of it. It was me finally saying a proper goodbye to Clarity, my second New Leaf town and my first home away from home. It was also me saying goodbye to my younger self. The New Leaf era and my time in Clarity represents a much simpler time in my life. It feels like it was a lifetime ago and just yesterday, all at the same time.

From the memory books to the written pieces to the home interiors, everyone’s entries were so lovely and full of love and nostalgia! I truly think each and every one of you deserves a staff favourite. A big congrats to all of the winners and honorable mentions!

Okay I’m gonna shut up now because I’m emotional lol, but as sad as I am to say farewell to New Leaf, I’m also so excited to see what the future holds for me, Animal Crossing, TBT, and all of you! Thank you for being part of this glorious corner of the internet with me! 🫶🏻

Last edited:
Omg, thanks! I had lots and lots of fun drawing my memory book and reminiscing about New Leaf. The whole event was so much fun and congrats to the other winners!

I look forward to the super secret event especially for me so I can play the New New Leaf game I bought for the event but didn’t actually play once @Justin

Thanks to the stuff for all the effort you’re putting it, it’s actually mental that Easter is so soon after this. I look forward to everything coming up : D

Oh wow, I’m so happy my New Leaf home was picked as a staff favorite! ♥️ Congratulations to all the winners, amazing work as usual. What a lovely send off for a great game. And I am very much looking forward to suffering through the coming egg hunt

This was an amazing event! Actually, I think this is the most amazing event I’ve experienced on this site. I wonder when that will change. Thanks, staff! And thanks, New Leaf. Here’s to more amazing events like this in the future!

Also, because my name starts with a Y, I have to wait for almost everyone else’s name to scroll before I can see mine but it’s right there and it’s totally worth the wait. But I like this banner, hopefully it stays for a while.

Thank you so much staff for this amazing event!♥️ And everyone that participated! I had a blast, and it was soooo fun getting excited over ACNL all over again :)
It's gonna be really sad that we will never be able to do this again 😭 but at least we went out with a bang, and got some great memories!🎈🐰

Congratulations to all the winners! 🥳

Congrats to all the winners! I really like the new unique winners but honourable mentions to those who had amazing entries in more than one event.

It really gives more users a chance to win while not taking away from those who make something amazing in more than one category.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you so much to the staff for putting on this wonderful event. I sadly couldn’t participate as much as I wanted, but this whole event has been such a lovely sendoff to an amazing game, and I adore how much love, thought and time went into making it possible 💚

I saw the porter when I woke up and screamed 😭 in the middle of lots of stuff irl but I’m definitely going to sit down and read it all later!

Insane to think that you staff are starting a new event in a couple days 😭 please take care of yourselves, but I’m really looking forward to failing at the egg hunt!!

I still can't get over that the event has ended after almost a week has passed. It definitely got me back into playing New Leaf again, especially since it's what introduced me to Animal Crossing in the first place. The era won't end just yet until the online servers go down for good on April 8th. I'll miss New Leaf so much even though I can still play it whenever I want. 🥺 🍃

While I'm here, I also want to say that getting insane scores in Puzzle League is no easy feat with panels going at max speed for hours on end. It takes roughly an hour just to reach 100,000 points and I honestly wish that those who did break that barrier got a shout out too. Not just @/IonicKarma that absolutely wrecked it with their 696,969 points. Nice lol. I'd like to give a shout out to @/daringred_ with her score of 104,937 points, @/Firesquids with her score of 170,313 points, @/Rio_ with their score 319,629 points, and myself with a score of 515,505 points. You guys are amazing as well. 🎉

But yeah, congratulations to the winners! This event is by far one of my absolute favourites to participate in with 2021 Camp TBT, 2021 TBTWC (excited that it's coming back this year!), and 2023 Space Camp! ☺️

Congratulations to all the winners!

Also, thank you to the staff for having some events we could participate in if we didn't have/never played new leaf. The turnips, trivia, street pass silver - plenty of extra stuff to do.

And while i never played new leaf, i did really enjoy going through the entries, especially the mayoral memories. Found myself getting sentimental about something i never even experienced! 😅

Looking forward to seeing what Zipper and this year's egg hunt has in store for us!

I have to say, I think this is one of my favorite events I've participated in on TBT! It's been a beautiful sendoff to New Leaf. 🍃 When I first got the game I really never expected to play it online with anyone—and then I got desperate for some of my last remaining dreamies, which led me here. And thanks to this event, I made some really fun memories actually playing New Leaf online with others. 🫶 So thank you all for that. It's something I never would've gotten to experience otherwise.

Massive congrats to the other event winners!! I've loved looking through everyone's heartfelt entries, and getting to know some of you better by taking trips to your dream addresses! I hope to visit lots more before the servers shut down for good. ;v; I also had a blast participating in my first trivia sessions, and I'm still super happy to have won 1st place in the second session!!

Thank you for putting this event together for us, staff!! I don't know if I should be excited for or afraid of the upcoming egg hunt and its big twist, but I'm looking forward to it either way! And to whatever's in store for us on the 1st...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back