• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

1UP Overview of New Leaf (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if the butchered Japanese and "This one pretty much plays exactly the same" wasn't enough, he provides false information. This was a terrible overview. It seems like he had an awful day and slapped together a poorly made video.

I watched this late last night but didn't have time to reply then. I agree with a lot of the others here. There's a lot of things he's falsely interpreting. I think his Japanese is a lot worse than he makes it out to be. He acts like he's too lazy to translate the menus, but I think it's really he can't read them. So he says stuff like you can make stores open 24 hours, which you can't. He also 1) doesn't seem to know many of the new features right now and 2) doesn't know how to play Animal Crossing really. He claimed he has played for about a month, but he hasn't upgraded his house and kinda acts like he'll never pay it off completely. I think he just doesn't know the best ways to get money in AC (like catching the fish/bugs that sell for a lot and also selling turnips).

It's too bad, really. 1Up is one of the larger video game news sites. He's gonna be spreading false info to a lot of people.

I can't believe he had the nerve to complain about paying off his house when he still had fruit on the trees. SHAKE THEM TREES, LAZY BUTTS.

He sounds soo bored. This is why the "big" reviewers give every CoD game a 9 or 10. Ugh!

I posted the video made by 1UP, a popular video game website. Why would you think I was the one who made it?

Iunno maybe bcoz u r both called Jermy.

sry that was a bit rude.

I posted the video made by 1UP, a popular video game website. Why would you think I was the one who made it?

Yes, because your name is Jeremy too and you posted the video. I thought it was you and everyone was bashing the video. Just felt bad. Won't happen again!

Wow, an awful lot of people is really rude over here... like naming that guy idiot and stuff.
Such an arrogant and unnecessary bad behaviour. Really... I mean, he did not know better and maybe he does not like the game at all. His Japanese may be poor, but at least he understands a bit, which is more than most of you guys do.

And the "if he does not know how to play it, he should not review it"-comments - why not? You can not start a new game and immediately know everything about it! He just wanted to help and to give others an idea about the game, needless to say that it is childish to use swearwords!

Wow, an awful lot of people is really rude over here... like naming that guy idiot and stuff.
Such an arrogant and unnecessary bad behaviour. Really... I mean, he did not know better and maybe he does not like the game at all. His Japanese may be poor, but at least he understands a bit, which is more than most of you guys do.

And the "if he does not know how to play it, he should not review it"-comments - why not? You can not start a new game and immediately know everything about it! He just wanted to help and to give others an idea about the game, needless to say that it is childish to use swearwords!

Are you related or something (yes, that is sarcastic, and I really don't want the answer)?

Considering there are a ton of play videos that show people who actually know what they were doing, this guy trying to play without knowing the language is a kick in the shin to those of us looking forward to it. He acted like it was a chore to actually review this game.

How would you feel if you said to your friend that is new to the game how much you enjoy playing AC and they said: "Oh, I saw it on 1Up. I didn't think it looked all that good and it is boring...I think I'll pass." I would be like, what!?!? I was hoping to be able to play as a friend with you, and you are basing your purchase decision on one review.

The point is, the following for this website is getting misinformation from someone who doesn't know anything about the game. If he had reviewed it after researching it a bit more carefully, I'm sure it would have been a better review, and thus the critics here would not have had anything negative to say.

Are you related or something (yes, that is sarcastic, and I really don't want the answer)?

Considering there are a ton of play videos that show people who actually know what they were doing, this guy trying to play without knowing the language is a kick in the shin to those of us looking forward to it.

[...]

I would be like, what!?!? I was hoping to be able to play as a friend with you, and you are basing your purchase decision on one review.

You are overreacting. A tiiiny little bit.
It's just a game, you know? And I would know because Animal Crossing is my favourite game of all time that accompanied my whole childhood. New Leaf is very important to me, nevertheless I would never think of a 'kick in the shin' when watching such a video. ?_o

And I hardly believe that the thing with that friend of yours will happen. And even if... get over it.

Last edited:
Snap. I sense some tension in this thread.

In a completely non-biased view, this guy did in fact do a bad review. He's not an idiot or anything, but he should have spent a little bit more time with the game before he did a review on it. His information was off and to people who exclusively follow the channel, he's probably mislead a lot of people looking forward to the game.

I'm not sure why he bothered to post this. I don't mind that he played the game, he can do what he wants. But to review a game not in your native language, and one that is not available in your country yet, does a disservice to people wanting real info. There are lots of Youtube videos from Japanese players, and lots of info to be had from sites like this, and various blogs around the net. But, for some reason, he felt like he had to do it himself. I kind of wish he hadn't, because it's not really helpful.

i don't even know why he has this game.
i mean, you would have to love AC a lot to actually take the time to buy the new animal crossing from Japan, and I don't know why you would bother buying it if you knew almost nothing about the game.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back