• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

2 play coins a day, will bring the fortunes your way!

The Whistler

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Have you been saving your play coins for fortune cookies in New Leaf? I'm sure most of you know the fortune cookies possibly give us Nintendo items, so I've been saving up.

It's nice to have a real reason to use my play coins, because now I can show off the stuff I obtain for walking!

So far I have 104 coins, would have started a while back but I just found out about the cookies. :D

Yes, I'm so excited! All of those awesome Legend of Zelda items...!
I've been saving up too, but I also get so distracted by the puzzles that I still need to finish with spotpass... =(

I still only have 2 play coins :S

Never take my 3ds anywhere, its probably about time that I start saving up I guess.

got about 250~ and I never really used them. Going to use em a lot to get the items though!

I only have one play coin, and I got that from shaking my 3DS randomly to see if that worked.

I don't feel safe taking that thing out of the house with me, let alone leaving it ON while I do so. |:

i got about 250 ~
i would have more but i spent it on
puzzles :$

* I got 300 actually lol

Last edited:
Same for me as Dia said, darn puzzles have been getting my coins but the frustrating part about those puzzle pieces.. out of 5 only 1 will be a new one I don't have, ugh! But yes, saving up my coins now.

There isn't really any need to save up. You can only buy 1 fortune cookie a day so you the most you need is 2 play coins a day. 200 steps

I have over 200 play coins. I just like having a lot lol. I use the 10 I earn everyday on puzzle swap though :p

I've got 23... It would probably be a good idea to jog with the 3DS in my pocket? Or does running not register? Does anyone know by any chance? ._.

I put mine in my bag whenever I go someplace, and try to carry it with me around the house when I'm doing chores. If I'm just at my desk with little to do, then I'll shake it around for a minute or so to get my coins.

I used to get the 10 coins/day really easily when I was in New York because I had to walk everywhere. Now that I'm back in Vancouver for the summer, I'm getting like 2/day because I drive everywhere.... Oh well that's all I'll need in NL anyways :p

I maxed out at 300 play coins since I pretty much have no use for them. Will be using them for New Leaf though and since I live across the street from my job well walking there everyday to build them back up is no problem.

I always take my 3DS around with me, so always earn my 10 coins a day. Now that I've fully completed StreetPass Quest, the only thing I spend the coins on are blue puzzle pieces if there's a new StreetPass puzzle out. I'm now buying two fortune cookies per day in New Leaf, so that's 4 play coins a day. I'm so pleased that finally there's a game out that makes decent use of the feature!

My jean pockets are too small to carry my XL around with me on walks, but sitting down and making a suggestive motion with my 3DS in my hand does the trick :p

Back