• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

2 play coins a day, will bring the fortunes your way!

Once the first store (Nookling Junction) expands (sorry, don't remember the English name), there will be two fortune cookies available each day - so 4 play coins per day at that point.

I bought my new 3DS XL a little over a week ago and I already have 50 play coins, I just keep it in my backpack wherever I go.

I think living in New York helps. My 3DS said I took 4400 steps today, which seems like a lot. But honestly, all I did was go to my classes :p

I don't plan on spending them on tacky Nintendo items though...

Looks like I'm gonna have to shove my 3DS in my pocket and walk around in circles in the back yard every morning again, lol.

That's the safest way for me to have my 3DS get the points because I'm not leaving my yard with it. >>

Since the weather's warm now, I go walking a lot, so I just stick my 3DS in my back pocket when I go. I think I only have about 28 now because I was using them on the Mii games.

I walk a LOT, but there is no way I'm taking my xl with me when I do, lol. I'll just be shaking mine like usual to obtain playcoins. It doesn't take long at all to get 2 a day (4 when you upgrade the shop enough) not to mention the xl is just too big for me to walk around with it comfortably without a jacket pocket to spare..and its going into summer soooo yup.

I'm almost up to the max of 300

I usually take it to school, even though I only get one streetpass a day >:I

If it's not college, I'm not surprised you only get one. (I'm surprised you even GOT one). If college, I'm surprised you only got one.

...I should find that previous statement odd... but I don't. :p

There isn't really any need to save up. You can only buy 1 fortune cookie a day so you the most you need is 2 play coins a day. 200 steps

Somedays I'm just too busy to sit and shake or take my 3DS outside, so saving some up for rainy days is what I had in mind.

Perhaps there may be special days or events in which we could buy more than 1 cookie?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've got 23... It would probably be a good idea to jog with the 3DS in my pocket? Or does running not register? Does anyone know by any chance? ._.

It should be fine, a case like this might be ideal for jogging since it could be connected to your belt. :)

http://tinycartridge.com/post/11948443535/capcoms-monster-hunter-tri-g-3ds-and-slide-pad

- - - Post Merge - - -

I put mine in my bag whenever I go someplace, and try to carry it with me around the house when I'm doing chores. If I'm just at my desk with little to do, then I'll shake it around for a minute or so to get my coins.

This is what I do, by the time the house is clean I have 10 play coins. :)

I had 300 last Saturday but I started spending them like crazy on Puzzle Pieces and Find Mii. I have 200 right now. I'm trying to get 300 again but it's pointless. lol I just like the fact that I have the maximum that you can get. I really hope I get Majora's Mask as my first item. I want it so bad!

I always take my 3DS around with me, so always earn my 10 coins a day. Now that I've fully completed StreetPass Quest, the only thing I spend the coins on are blue puzzle pieces if there's a new StreetPass puzzle out. I'm now buying two fortune cookies per day in New Leaf, so that's 4 play coins a day. I'm so pleased that finally there's a game out that makes decent use of the feature!

Thanks for the info! I'm on Find Mii 2 and it is just brutal...those dang mummies and shields. Anyway I agree, I'm glad I can show off what I get with my play coins.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had 300 last Saturday but I started spending them like crazy on Puzzle Pieces and Find Mii. I have 200 right now. I'm trying to get 300 again but it's pointless. lol I just like the fact that I have the maximum that you can get. I really hope I get Majora's Mask as my first item. I want it so bad!

Lol, this is the item I hope to get too! That with Links tunic would be pretty cool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

For some reason my 3Ds tells me that I have walked a gross over estimation of steps in a day. I happen to specifically know that I did not walk the amount of steps it tells me I did. ex. one one particular day my step count was 3ds: 3,002; personal pedometer (very reliable): 1341 btw both were in the same bag in my nintendo 3ds case.
I still get my 10 daily coins, but I'm just wigged out at the amount of steps it counts... I move that much?!!

But yes I am guilty of rationing my coins I spend 2 a day and save the rest for new leaf, plus pokemon X and Y are coming out and I'm excited to see what happens!

I didn't even know about these play coins xDDD And I doubt mom (who's still the boss of me, even though I'm 23 >>) would let me take my 3ds anywhere unless going somewhere like an appointment or a relative's house :I Even WITH her permission I wouldn't cause I live in the projects and I don't trust carrying my 100+ dollar 3ds ANYWHERE. :I

The only LoZ thing I saw, was from what I believe was the very first major trailer of the game. The one with the master sword. I want it. :I *grabbie hands*

I guess when i get my 3DS it'll be easy for me to get some. I loved the Nintendo themed stuff in CF, so obviously i want them (Who doesn't?)

I walk a mile a day; now let's hope it'll fit in my pocket :V

The only LoZ thing I saw, was from what I believe was the very first major trailer of the game. The one with the master sword. I want it. :I *grabbie hands*

Oh, they have the Majora's Mask (WHICH I ****ING WANT), the Hero's clothes (trailer), Hero's pants (trailer), Hero's hat (trailer), Midna's Mask (trailer), Master Sword (wait you can't buy it D: ), Triforce (I'd rather buy it D: ), Hero's boots (trailer), and a damned Fi Mask.

I hate Fi.

Wait. You can't buy the Master Sword?! D: B-But the trailer! ;n; /hopes and dreams dashed into tiny little pieces/ ;n;

EDITED! And I wonder if the Majora's Mask has any cool effects to it?

Back