• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

2 play coins a day, will bring the fortunes your way!

I need to walk on the tredmill with my 3DS in my pocket every morning. But I had art stuff to doooooo.

*shamelessly shakes 3DS instead*

I've been saving my play coins up, and I've got about 280-300 all ready for New Leaf.

I no longer have my 3ds, so I'll have to cheat my way to play coins and shake the DS a bit to build some up ; A ;
I'm excited that they have a use for them though!! I was only using them for swap note before. maybe this will give me a better reason to go out on walks, i hate shaking my ds haha.

If you guys really want to get a ton of play coins at once, I did discover that changing your date on the 3DS changes the step count back to zero and thus lets you earn 10 coins all over again. It does NOT affect the number of play coins you have even if you change the dates back and forth.

If you guys really want to get a ton of play coins at once, I did discover that changing your date on the 3DS changes the step count back to zero and thus lets you earn 10 coins all over again. It does NOT affect the number of play coins you have even if you change the dates back and forth.

Hey thanks for the tip! I'll do that if ever I'm in a pinch and need them quick.

I just spent mine for the day! TT^TT I was going to save them up starting in June but I just spent them. Well, i'll remember tomorrow.

No bus service on a Sunday so usually have to walk averywhere (about 4000 steps in total). Cycling counts towards steps too! XD

I have around 100 coins ready. I was collecting them a few weeks ago, but remembered that you only need 4, and can collect up to 10 a day!

It depends what shop- in the first one you can only buy one- but by the last one shop you can buy 2.

As of today I have 194 play coins. I haven't gotten my 10 coins yet for today. I started trying to get coins actively a few weeks ago and I think I only have missed 1 day since then. Even if you have to shake it because you're not going anywhere, it only takes a few minutes.

A few months ago when i first found out about the fortune cookies I went craz, then i found out you can only have 300 play coins at one time, so i stopped. Im getting back into it now though, i collect a few from time to time, not always honestly though >.> I just hold my 3DS in my hand and give it a shake. works will for me! I have saved up... 233 play coins, and i havent got my 10 for today yet.

I shake the 3ds for 2 minutes and have 10 coins... so it's no problem to get coins when the game is released. Why to save up the coins? You can only use 2 coins a day so it's not necessary ...

Why to save up the coins? You can only use 2 coins a day so it's not necessary ...

So you don't have to bother shaking it in the future if you don't use your 3DS outside of the house. If you don't get too many repeats, I feel like 300 play coins should get you all or almost all of the Nintendo items.

Why to save up the coins? You can only use 2 coins a day so it's not necessary ...
I also use them for Find Mii and Puzzle Swap, and maybe like one other coin enabled game. Sometimes I don't have the time to go walking, so it's nice to already have them.

I've been religiously carrying my 3DS around with me when I walk between classes ever since we got a release date. ><
I have 286 now, so I'm planning on spending a good amount of them on Puzzle Swap so I don't hit the max and stop earning. xD
I'm trying to get as many as I can while school is still in session, because I know I won't be walking too much over the summer. ;^-^​

Back