2023 (Soon) Has Your Stance On Curse Words Changed?

How do you feel about curse words on TBT in 2023

• None should be allowed

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Some should be allowed

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Only if it's censored or abbreviated

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Blood Eclipse

𖤐 ♱ 𖤐
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Flick Halloweaster Egg
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
Bloodshot Potion
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Voodoo Doll
I think I once defended the use. I must've become more soft since then as now I'm less inclined to say yes, unless it's censored, but only if it applies towards myself. I could care less what others say or do.

lol idc, I swear irl all the time so the more the merrier 😂😂

fr though i don't mind if it's censored, though I do appreciate that staff will at least allow that and not send out warning saying stuff like "hey we saw you write 'I feel like ****' and we don't like that". I know on multiple occasions the staff has said this forum is generally aimed at a more mature audience that's prob why, but still.

fr though i don't mind if it's censored, though I do appreciate that staff will at least allow that and not send out warning saying stuff like "hey we saw you write 'I feel like ****' and we don't like that.”
Basically my thoughts as well. I am also guilty of swearing a lot irl, and while I try not to on here, I appreciate now that if I slip up it’ll get censored and then no-one will care. I think the forum’s way of handling curse words should stay the way it is now.

swear words have honestly been a part of my casual vocabulary since i was a kid lol. i swear all the time irl (in appropriate settings ofc, and at home 99% of the time) and while texting my friends (off-site, and i’m never swearing at them), but i understand and respect why swear words are censored on here. i don’t really give it much thought honestly, and don’t mind. i occasionally swear on here if i’m really excited or upset about something (but again, i’m never swearing at someone), but i wouldn’t make swearing on here a habit even if the words weren’t censored.

i don’t mind that they are. i doubt they’ll ever be uncensored, but i wouldn’t mind that, either. i’m neutral haha.

I swear a lot but it's no big deal to me that there's a filter on this site to prevent it. I think my one issue is that I can't spell out some peoples' names without the name getting caught in the filter. I think I tried to write a famous city pop artist's name and it got caught in the filter and was partially starred out.

Personally, it doesn't bother me when people swear. I swear all the time at home, but I filter myself depending on my surroundings. I don't swear at work, around most of my family, around children out in public, or on sites like TBT. It's just something I've always done as a courtesy because I know it really offends some people and I also don't want to be the one who exposes a child to that kind of language only to have their parent(s) get mad at them.

I like the way TBT handles it with certain swear words being automatically censored. That way, if you make an honest mistake, you're not punished or called out for it. But it also gives younger teenagers the opportunity to be part of the forums. I know my SIL would probably not allow my 13 year old nephew to be part of a community if she looked through the posts and saw tons of swear words. I'm sure a lot of other parents would feel the same way. So I think it's fair to censor cursing to open the forum up to a wider audience.

I personally don't care.
But I also think people in general put too much fear into certain words but are fine with others that literally mean the same exact thing and have same context. To me, it doesn't make sense.

I don’t mind the use of swearing so long as it’s not directed at another user. I think the community here is laid back, however, and that rarely happens, if ever. I personally try not to use them much in my posts.

I prefer how tbt forums handles it over tbt discord, though I also fully understand that they're unable to handle it in tbt discord in the same way due to limitations of the discord interface

Didn't even recall you can't curse in TBT, I try to be as polite as possible when I interact online so cursing just don't come naturally to me 😂

I'm not against curse words in general, but on TBT I like them being censored as is. I'm someone who swears a lot in public, but only when I know I'm surrounded by adults or older teens. I try my best not to swear around younger kids. That being said, TBT is full of kids and young teens so I feel more comfortable having the censor around every curse word.

I don't curse very much online anyway (I curse rather a lot IRL ahaha, but I've actually been trying to break that habit) so I'm fine with how TBT handles swearing. For the most part I think the automatic censor is a pretty good solution, although I have ran into the same problem @/amemome mentioned where the it catches part of a name. 😅

I don't really mind it. I try not to though, especially on here since it's kinda unnecessary on an AC forum.

tbh not being able to swear uncensored is only annoying in dms, i dont really swear on here unless I'm talking to close friends and i talk to them in dms a lot and the fact it gets censored is annoying but like what can u do lol

if it being censored makes some people more comfortable then that's fine

I use them on the forums every so often, but I don’t have a problem with it being censored because the other words around it usually provide enough context for it to be clear enough what the word was.

Basically this forum-

For a more serious response, I frankly don't give a toss. While I may try to monitor my vocabulary in public spaces so as to abstain from being read in a hostile tone and to be respectful towards the sensibilities of other users, I grew up in an environment completely immersed in all manner of verbal obscenity, so as long as everyone is mutually respectful, I'm not really offended by any specific words.

Back