• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

3DS / Luigi Special Nintendo Direct - Discussion

would've preferred Zelda MM remake but i guess this one is pretty neat

I was hoping to hear that Fantasy Life was being localized for NA, but no dice. Maybe later this year.

I don't think I'll be getting the bundle. I'h happy with my purple 3DS and I like having the cartridge, box, etc for my games. My husband was thinking about an XL, but I know he'd hate this design.

New Mario Party for the 3DS. AWESOME

Can't wait for the third Yoshi's Island. My first video game ever was Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. The series is special to me :D

EarthBound should be interesting.

I like the confirmation of Oracle games, and the NL bundle.

CONFIRMATION OF BRAVELY DEFAULT. I don't care that it's in 2014, I'm just glad we're getting it.

It's about ****ing time they tell us about a new Zelda game, despite it being top-down gameplay.

New Mario Party for the 3DS. AWESOME

Can't wait for the third Yoshi's Island. My first video game ever was Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. The series is special to me :D

EarthBound should be interesting.

I like the confirmation of Oracle games, and the NL bundle.

CONFIRMATION OF BRAVELY DEFAULT. I don't care that it's in 2014, I'm just glad we're getting it.

It's about ****ing time they tell us about a new Zelda game, despite it being top-down gameplay.

Copycat :c

I'm way more excited for the games than anything.

A new, GOOD Mario Party game. Online Mario Golf. Yoshi's Island 3DS remake. Bravely Default. PIKMIN 3. Link to the Past 2.

All of it's great, but hopefully they won't end up coming out two years later.

so depressed about AC 3DS XL. :/
can't afford it or justify buying it, as my 3DS works fine.
sigh.

My impressions (these are just my opinions, so don't get mad if I'm dismissive :p)

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team - Really looking forward to this one. I've played all of the Mario and Luigi games so far, and they're all fantastic.
Mario Golf - I haven't played any of the Mario Golf games. I've heard quite a bit of negativity about Mario Tennis Open, so I've shied away from Mario sports games. Care to convince me otherwise?
Mario Party - Mario Party 9 (2) is what I get from this. I did enjoy Mario Party 9 however, and I hope it will be more distinctive than what it apparently looks like.
Anything Wii U - I don't have a Wii U, but Earthbound and GBA VC games make it all the more appealing.
Yoshi's Island - I don't really enjoy the Yoshi's Island series that much after playing SMA3, so I'm not very hyped for this.
DK Country Returns 3D - I haven't played any Donkey Kong Country games.
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move - Similar to Yoshi's Island; after playing Mario vs Donkey Kong, I'm not hyped for this game.
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins - I'm more interested in the Wii U version than this one.
Animal Crossing New Leaf XL Bundle - Love the game, but not the 3DS XL design.
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy - I've played all five Layton games so far, so bring on the final one!
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - Has a hardcore feel to it. Unfortunately, that falls outside my zone of appeal.
The Legend of Zelda - I'm quite reluctant on this one. I disliked the DS Zeldas and I don't think this one will change that. The drawing transformation was kind of off to me.
Anything else: A blunt 'not interested', with the exception of Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I'll try to buy as my friend's birthday present.

Despite my narrow interests, I found this Nintendo Direct to be an excellent one. Can't wait for MALDT, PLATAL, Pok?mon X/Y and of course Animal Crossing: New Leaf ;)

Last edited:
I really loved all the first party stuff in the Direct today... well.. except maybe Mario vs Donkey Kong, which looks fairly dull, and I'm not a fan of the Yoshi's Island art style. I'm really excited about Zelda though!

Back