• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

3DS or XL?

jackiechan_confused1.jpg

Why does it matter if the shop has Wifi if you want to make a system transfer between the two systems?

Because an internet connection is required to do the system transfer. You should check your facts before you start giving attitude to people.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_system.jsp

I personally love my 3DS but if a Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS:XL comes out..... No hesitation. It will be mine.

I just got my 3DS XL this weekend. I wasn't 'upgrading' from the regular 3DS - I had a DSi XL already so I already loved the larger screen. The 3DS XL is so nice even when compared to the DSi XL! FYI - Toys R US has the 3DS (regular and XL) for $20 off this week PLUS a $20 gift card that I used for Luigi's Mansion. Then by registering the 3DS XL and game on Nintendo, I get a free game to download (I got the latest Professor Layton). I feel like it was a pretty good deal for me.

I don't know where Nintendo got the 90% bigger figure from, because the screens are only about 30% more in diameter.

Technically speaking, squares don't have diameters.

However, the top screen went from from 3.53 inches to 4.88 inches. What 90% bigger actually means is screen area, not screen size. Meaning, the screen takes up 90% more of the top of the 3dsXL than it's predecessor.

I'll just stick with a normal sized 3Ds because it's easier to carry around.

I don't understand that "easier to carry around" stuff. Have people become so lazy that carrying a system the size of the vita (it's actually SMALLER than the vita) become such a chore?
I carry my XL around with no problem.

I don't understand that "easier to carry around" stuff. Have people become so lazy that carrying a system the size of the vita (it's actually SMALLER than the vita) become such a chore?

Preach it.

I don't understand this either

My personal personal preference is that I like small and sleek things. I dunno. The regular 3DS just looks better to me. It's nice and small.

While I don't have a smartphone (those data charges are crazy!), I do have an iPod touch and love the thing. When I see people with their huge smart phones (I think Samsung has something out now that is ridiculously big) I think about how I couldn't handle something so big. There is just something appealing to me about compact size. I like my text (on the computer and such) smaller than the norm too.

But that's just my personal opinion on it.

Schim I understand that, but the XL is still compact. At least, to me it is. It can fit in my purse with no problem, I can take it out to play in areas and people don't stop and stare at the monstrosity of a size that people seem to make it out to be. And unless someone is wearing skinny jeans tighter than skin itself, the XL is still pocket portable.

I would understand more if people just said "I don't like the bigger size; it doesn't suit me" but going on about how it's not portable and conpact is a bit farfetched to me because that's exactly what it is; portable and compact. It's not like its the size of some MacBook laptop lol

Schim I understand that, but the XL is still compact. At least, to me it is. It can fit in my purse with no problem, I can take it out to play in areas and people don't stop and stare at the monstrosity of a size that people seem to make it out to be. And unless someone is wearing skinny jeans tighter than skin itself, the XL is still pocket portable.

I would understand more if people just said "I don't like the bigger size; it doesn't suit me" but going on about how it's not portable and conpact is a bit farfetched to me because that's exactly what it is; portable and compact. It's not like its the size of some MacBook laptop lol

I don't see it as some monster, no, but it's just not compact enough for me.

I guess I'm more on the anal side of things.

I personally love my 3DS but if a Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS:XL comes out..... No hesitation. It will be mine.

I pray this comes to North America!! It's the only thing I want for my birthday this year (which is 15 days before the NA release date). I hope we get the Animal Crossing XL. My pink 3DS is great and I actually prefer the gloss finish to matte, but the corners do hurt my hands if I play for an extended period of time and having luigi's mansion, the screen seems cramped. I'd love the bigger system but I'm holding out for the one I really want.

So how long of a delay was there between the Japan release of the Pikachu XL and the Animal Crossing XL? Does anybody know?

The pikachu one released on August 25th 2012 for Japan while the ACNL one released November 8th, 2012

The pikachu one released on August 25th 2012 for Japan while the ACNL one released November 8th, 2012

T.T ty!!! I'm completely grasping as straws here, but... Do you think that's a good sign for NA? Japan gets the Pikachu XL and 3 months later gets the Animal Crossing XL... and we got the Pikachu XL on March 24th so.. that's about 3 months until the Animal Crossing release date for NA. *twiddles fingers* If they're following a similar pattern... maybe it WILL come to the States. You know the worst part is though? Type in "Animal Crossing 3DS XL North America" into google and the first thing that shows is the tread from this forum titled "Animal crossing new leaf 3ds XL is now hopeless for North America". I wish that thread was deleted. Justin!!! :( :( :( :(

Personally, I don't see it happening as pure white DS never make a big profit here. :( but I kind of hope it does for those who really want it.

Personally, I don't see it happening as pure white DS never make a big profit here. :( but I kind of hope it does for those who really want it.

You're very very right Loviechu.. "Ice White" has almost never been on the menu. But that makes me wonder too! The Pink XL that just recently released is white on the bottom and inside, so maybe......

Maybe they could do a limited edition run of it? I don't see why not unless they are afraid that even a limited number wouldn't make it.

I mean. It's just the casing that makes it special, right? They could take a regular XL hardware/software and slap the ACNL casing over it.

I wanted the AC themed 3DSXL as well, but Ive changed my mind with it being all white. I was also going to get the Pikachu one but its white inside >.< I am very happy with my Red/black one and if I want to spice it up Ive been thinking about getting an AC decal for it like this: Animal Crossing decal on Etsy

The pink and white XL (which I have) is completely pink besides the interior c: the bottom of the console is pink, not white :p but the inside of the top and bottom are both white.

And you'll be lucky to even find a Pikachu XL in stores now. My state went completely dry of it by 8am (or depending on other store schedules) but there was literally none left the same morning of release.

And there's also a difference with having a completely white DS, and a white interior.
Since the interior is not the super hospital wall white that the ACNL one is, it's not going to make potential customers not want it. But when you have a pure white DS (granted the ACNL one has those little designs, but still 85% white) what people freak out about is the damage. It's very easy to see any damage or type of trauma caused to a white DS. And it's eons easier to see the dirt and grim from sweaty fingers on it as well. Consistent cleaning would obviously be a must, unless you get a full body skin for it.
It's what I have on my pink XL and will be putting on my pikachu XL come this Friday. No inch of my XL is able to get dirty besides the L & R buttons thanks to that skin. And it makes it have a better grip too.
Not to mention it also gives it a slightly glossy look. Keeps the matte feel though.

And I think I just rambled on here lol

What's the issue with the white? Is it just the colour, or are there other design considerations?

I was going to do this but then thought, there is no pink XL :( and it would be a waste of money cause they do exactly the same thing I just get bored of one console and want another.

Back