• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

3DS or XL?

What about portability? Is it much more inconvenient to carry compared to the normal size?

Personally I think playing any game on the XL is much better. After you play games on the XL, the original size looks so small lol.

What about portability? Is it much more inconvenient to carry compared to the normal size?

I always wear a backpack or shoulder bag so I just put my XL in there. Makes no difference.

I always wear a backpack or shoulder bag so I just put my XL in there. Makes no difference.

Exactly. I either have a back pack or man bag on hand, idk how people survive with pockets i need like 10,000 supplies when i leave the house. It easily fits in your bag - i know people like having it in their pocket but a bag doesn't weigh that much

Yes, i'm going to get one when I get the money! My wife has the pink one! I love the larger screens, they make quite a difference! Should be perfect for New Leaf!! :)

I don't have a purse or a backpack I carry around. I've seen size comparisons of the 3DS and XL side by side and I know I wouldn't want to be carrying around something that big in my pockets. It'd look big and clunky, even in my yoga pants with the larger than normal pockets!

I:< Personally I wish Nintendo would stop releasing systems with bigger screens after making versions of them with tiny screens. Make em big from the start! I'm still a tad bitter that the XL was announced around ONE MONTH after I finally caved and bought a 3DS. I had been holding out in case they did announce something like that. >_>

Officer berri does it really matter when they release it then? You did say you wouldn't travel with something that big and clunky :p (Which is actually slightly smaller than my regular 3DS by girth)

I don't have very big hands and I like phones/handheld games that are small enough for me to wrap my hands around completely when it's open. I feel like the XL will be too big for me to do that, and I don't want to have to be stretching my hands all the time to get to the arrows or pad to move my character around. So, in short, I'll stick with the regular size.

Officer berri does it really matter when they release it then? You did say you wouldn't travel with something that big and clunky :p (Which is actually slightly smaller than my regular 3DS by girth)

That's true. <.< I just don't like when a company makes something and then not long after they release something that's the exact same but with some shiny 'new' feature just to make people buy the same thing all over again. xD After the DS XL came out I was hoping they wouldn't be doing that again. I didn't get the DS XL either. Not sure how it manages to be smaller than a regular 3DS unless it's made with lighter parts, because the images I saw made it look like the XL could eat a 3DS! xD

Though I said I don't have a purse or bag I carry around, I do actually have one of each. I just use them when I'm forced to do something where I'll need to carry a notepad, paper, or pens or if I'm forced to wear my dress attire that has no pockets. I hate carrying around bags. Not cuz it's girly, I really like my green purse, I just don't like carrying something that's so easy to steal from.

Once again, Berri fails at expressing herself properly. Raagh! *flips desk* xD

That's true. <.< I just don't like when a company makes something and then not long after they release something that's the exact same but with some shiny 'new' feature just to make people buy the same thing all over again.

I hate when companies do this too. I finally caved and bought an iphone 4s and then not even like a month later they came out with the iphone 5. I dunno why it bothers me since I am perfectly happy with my 4s, it just does. Though I totally understand WHY they do it. It makes them even extra rich.

That's true. <.< I just don't like when a company makes something and then not long after they release something that's the exact same but with some shiny 'new' feature just to make people buy the same thing all over again. xD After the DS XL came out I was hoping they wouldn't be doing that again. I didn't get the DS XL either. Not sure how it manages to be smaller than a regular 3DS unless it's made with lighter parts, because the images I saw made it look like the XL could eat a 3DS! xD

Though I said I don't have a purse or bag I carry around, I do actually have one of each. I just use them when I'm forced to do something where I'll need to carry a notepad, paper, or pens or if I'm forced to wear my dress attire that has no pockets. I hate carrying around bags. Not cuz it's girly, I really like my green purse, I just don't like carrying something that's so easy to steal from.

Once again, Berri fails at expressing herself properly. Raagh! *flips desk* xD

Well the XL does have a better battery life c:
Don't worry, I hate carrying my purse around as well. And when closed, my XL is a bit smaller than when the regular 3ds is closed. I also prefer the rounded edges of the XL :>

But everyone has different preferences, so it's fine if you can't express yourself properly :p

xD I say a bunch of mumbo jumbo and yet feel I can't get out the right words at times.

If it didn't cost so much, I might get and XL... I'm unwilling to part with my 3DS so I can't just trade it in. I have this odd attachment to all of my possessions once I have them for a while. Has to do with energy and all that weird stuff.

I do that too, then I go, I don't care, I understood me just fine B|

I didnt part with my flame red 3ds. I still use it on occasion, but I have the pink/white XL and my pikachu one comes in from Texas tomorrow. But that was more collector value than actually using it ._.

Haha well I have a severe... And borderline unhealthy obsession with pikachu so I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to open the pikachu XL box to even look at it tomorrow xP I want to damage it in no way whatsoever.
Of course I'm lying and will end up opening it eventually to put the I'll body clear skin and screen protectors, but other than that, it will sit on top of my game collection shelf, probably on the kid Icarus 3ds mantle lol

Haha well I have a severe... And borderline unhealthy obsession with pikachu so I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to open the pikachu XL box to even look at it tomorrow xP I want to damage it in no way whatsoever.
Of course I'm lying and will end up opening it eventually to put the I'll body clear skin and screen protectors, but other than that, it will sit on top of my game collection shelf, probably on the kid Icarus 3ds mantle lol
I have a few collectables, but not entire video game systems. Mainly super cool stuff I find at conventions. It's hard not to touch them and read, play, or watch them. Takes a lot of will power. Lol

If I get a collectible, it's something I usually feel will be worth my time and money. And considering that every store within a 200 mile radius of where I lived were sold out of this system mere minutes after they opened so that I had to order and ship from Texas, which was more complicated than it should've been, I find this highly collectible and I have more than enough willpower to not tear it open lol

Back