• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

A bit nervous for multiplayer/streetpass features for me :(

XTheLancerX

Dedicated Gamer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
I have nobody I know in my entire area that is going to get ACNL (MAYBE 1 person who lives across the street from me. I am 13 and they are 10, we are very good friends but sometimes their little brother who is 7 wants to play the game constantly and it gets annoying. they want this game really bad but they dont have a 3DS and I dont think they will be able to get one at all because their parents might not buy it for them) I live smack dab in the middle of nowhere in western new york and nobody plays this game, so no streetpass, no multiplayer... I am just nervous the game will be boring in some ways because I wont be able to access some key features of the game, or it just wont involve multiplayer, which is always fun!

I also have trust issues and am worried if I find some people from the internet to play this game with, they will vandalize my town, which happened to my cousin on wild world. (Hes 16 now and doesnt like animal crossing)

Maybe I will get a few street pass things when I go on vacation in August (Flying to Florida, apparently airports are really good for streetpass) but we'll see..

Well, sometimes you need to trust people to have fun. As long as they have a good rep (Like me :p) then you should give them a chance and play with them!

don't be paranoid ^__^
happened to me a few days ago, and I realized that they were trying to trap me in my house so I turned off my wii. If you see anything weird just turn it off!

Its fine if you are nervous about internet friends visiting your town. I reccomend just not adding them as "best friends" that way they can't vandalize in any way, shape, or form. They can still do basic things like talking to villagers and playing games though.

I would suggest you stick to these boards for online multiplayer. This community is well-grounded and if anyone comes in and starts messing your town up you can post about it here, and they will be out of luck for any other ventures. It's nothing to worry about!

Also, if something does happen, you can shut the game off. This will block anything from being saved :D

My daughter is only 9 but she's having my English version and she can visit my Japanese town.. I'm not keen on having her online just yet but would like her to have some multiplayer action.. Any chance another family member has a 3DS and might buy a copy? That way you can multiplayer with someone in your family.

Its fine if you are nervous about internet friends visiting your town. I reccomend just not adding them as "best friends" that way they can't vandalize in any way, shape, or form. They can still do basic things like talking to villagers and playing games though.

Best friends and non-best friends can vandalize your town. A best friend stole one of my gold roses. :x

If someone starts doing things you don't like in your town, you can kick everyone out of your town by pressing start and then choosing the first option. It will close your gates too.

You can also choose to only allow best friends in your town or any of your friends.

Last edited:
My daughter is only 9 but she's having my English version and she can visit my Japanese town.. I'm not keen on having her online just yet but would like her to have some multiplayer action.. Any chance another family member has a 3DS and might buy a copy? That way you can multiplayer with someone in your family.
Sadly nobody in my family even has a 3DS. I am like one of the youngest people in my family, most of the "younger" family members are 15-17. They aren't interested in animal crossing or getting a 3DS really. We are all really close and 3 of my 5 really close cousins *were* into animal crossing, however, they are no longer interested. I am almost the youngest of my generation in my family

But I never really thought about just shutting off the system really quick to get rid of the changes. And yeah this community does seem pretty trustworthy. Really, my only problem will be the Happy Home Showcase with streetpass, because of my location.

I would suggest you stick to these boards for online multiplayer. This community is well-grounded and if anyone comes in and starts messing your town up you can post about it here, and they will be out of luck for any other ventures. It's nothing to worry about!

Also, if something does happen, you can shut the game off. This will block anything from being saved :D

This exactly. If you add people from here then you don't really have to worry about anyone wanting to grief you. And if someone does happen to you can address it here and other people will know not to add them.

edit: Just saw the part about streetpass. You're still luckier than I am in that situation. I live in the middle of nowhere, and my chances of getting any streetpasses at all are close to none. Out of the year or so that I've had my 3DS I've only ever gotten one streetpass from the city I live near.

I wish Nintendo would offer some sort of wifi features like that to compensate, but they probably won't.

I'm not worried too much. Chances are I won't multiplayer much at all, since it doesn't appeal to me much if I am not close to the people I'm playing with.

I usually get about one spotpass a month, if i remember to carry my 3DS. 6_9

Then again, I have extremely limited social contact that isn't in college or at work so.

Supposedly this new feature that was hinted at is supposed to help in the online aspect, but since it was a hint, we don't fully know. For City Folk, I've perhaps seen ten other players and had my town visited maybe three times. I like this new best friend feature, but I would like to know more.

I live in a place where there are not much people with 3ds's so I won't get much streetpasses

i know how you feel. i'm lucky enough to have two other friends who will be getting the game but the thought of adding people of the internet is a little nerve racking for me. people from this forum seem alright and like some of them said, if they mess up your town, you can always report them and no one will add them.

i know how you feel. i'm lucky enough to have two other friends who will be getting the game but the thought of adding people of the internet is a little nerve racking for me. people from this forum seem alright and like some of them said, if they mess up your town, you can always report them and no one will add them.

There should be some sort of a thread where you can post if someone does something bad in your town but that probably won't happen that much as much people won't so anything bad.

I have 2 people from my school getting this game but one of them doesn't seem like they'll be playing it too much; and at the moment the other is losing interest.

Although, I have added people from this community and would be interested in adding more for when the time comes! ;)

(Message me if you're interested in adding me! :) )

This exactly. If you add people from here then you don't really have to worry about anyone wanting to grief you. And if someone does happen to you can address it here and other people will know not to add them.

edit: Just saw the part about streetpass. You're still luckier than I am in that situation. I live in the middle of nowhere, and my chances of getting any streetpasses at all are close to none. Out of the year or so that I've had my 3DS I've only ever gotten one streetpass from the city I live near.

I wish Nintendo would offer some sort of wifi features like that to compensate, but they probably won't.

yeah its too bad some people don't get to really use any of Nintendo's features because of their location or certain circumstances. There are 2 friends of mine on the bus that have a 3DS but don't want animal crossing, well, as far as I know. They are friends of my one neighbor there that really likes animal crossing but doesnt have a 3DS.

i'm sure if it's needed a thread will form for bad neighbors. hopefully it wont be needed!!!

p.s. if you want we can add each other when we get the game. more friends the better!! :)

Back