• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

A bit nervous for multiplayer/streetpass features for me :(

I'm going skating this afternoon up at Rockefeller Center so I'm going to bring my 3DS with me and gona pop by Nintendo World to see if I can get a lot of streetpasses there. Also, StreetpassNYC is a group that meets up to exchange streetpasses... I've never been to any of their events but I think they said somewhere on fb that they were planning to have an NL meetup once the game is released, which would be cool to casually pass by if you're looking for NL streetpasses :)
I would be so there in a heart beat lol yea, that is other option are the streetpass network.

I've streetpassed 2 people, and one of them was my friend :p. So the Happy Homes area is going to be pretty empty in my neck of the woods.

I only managed to get two streetpasses at Walmart today (My first two at that, not even one from Gamestop), and I think it's gonna be pretty unlikely that I'll find a NL player. Maybe on my trips, but I'm not seriously hyped over this feature since it is so hard to get streetpasses. Dream mansion is a much better idea that I'll actually enjoy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I won't be getting much if any use out of the Happy Homes feature either as I also live pretty much in the middle of nowhere and have never gotten a streetpass. It's kinda annoying but oh well.

There's so much to do in NL that luckily I think a potential void in the Happy Homes area won't be felt so badly.
I live in a highly populated area and have plenty of places to go that might provide me with StreetPasses, so I am not too worried about it myself.
I can totally sympathize with those that live in an area with a lower population, but here's an idea - Maybe NL will be the incentive you need to actually actively search for StreetPasses? I can't say for sure whether or not you have done so already, of course. But maybe if you were just leaving it up to luck and chance before, NL will motivate you to purposefully go to places where you might get a StreetPass or two. Maybe it'll be easier than you think. That's just me trying to be optimistic. ;)

Who knows, maybe there are more players in your area than you might think, and when NL comes out, they will all be on the hunt for StreetPasses as well! I'm sure there will also be ways to arrange local meet-ups for people who want StreetPasses if forum populations really boom upon release.
The best places I can think of to look for StreetPasses would be schools (all grades/levels), shopping malls, busy coffee shops, public transportation hubs, airports, and heavily-trafficked areas like downtown streets and strip malls.
Those of you who feel nervous about traveling with your 3DS (especially when it comes to taking it to school), here's something you could consider... Wear a pullover hoodie/sweatshirt, the non-zip-up kind with the large front kangaroo pocket. You could carry your 3DS around in that pocket, even have your hands on it most of the time, and no one would know. It would always be close to you that way and you'd know right away if it wasn't there.

Personally, soon after release day I'm going to be heading to the Japan Center about 40 minutes from where I live, which is full of Japanese restaurants and shops as well as cafes, bakeries and more. I think that might result in a couple StreetPasses.

I rarely get streetpasses so I might be content with not getting any homes..... Sigh....

I got six StreetPasses in London today! One of them had recently been playing Wild World, which made me smile. She was the only one who had puzzle pieces I needed in StreetPass Plaza, too.

Travelling through Stansted tomorrow, hopefully there'll be some international 3DS owners there

Oh my speaking of puzzle pass. I hate streetpassing people who never play it so I get zero pieces. Its always a bummer for me when I see I got streetpassed but no pieces.

Well, I only live a few bus stops away from my city's main town centre. I usually forget to bring my 3DS though... When I do remember to bring it along, I can get around 6-10 streetpassers? It depends if its a busy day (Saturday/Sunday)
Then I go through a village and another town on the way to school on the bus. I've never brought my 3DS along for the ride, so I'm not sure.

I am like that too, but thats why im trying to become friends with people now so when it comes out i'll have trustworthy friends to visit~ ^_^

Last edited:
All the streetpassers I have are from my university, I always get around 10-15 more or less although always the same ones. But when NL releases I'll be in vacations so no classes, I don't know where I'll go to get streetpasses.

I'm going on a trip to Orlando, FL in June right after the NL release! I'm hoping to get a tidal wave of streetpasses :D:D:D

I'm not sure where to go to get streetpasses. I might just try going into town and hang around the gaming shops. Is there a badge in the game for getting streetpasses?

I'm not sure where to go to get streetpasses. I might just try going into town and hang around the gaming shops. Is there a badge in the game for getting streetpasses?

I'm almost positive there is not badge for that. But really just go places that are busy! I go to our big grocery stores on Saturday afternoons to get streetpasses from other people shopping, and also at my college! :D

Back