• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia A Prolonged Signups: The Game (Mafia Win)

Just to preface, I want to say that these are general thoughts and not necessarily accusations (yet). I'm writing this down because this is the best way I can think to contribute and because I honestly want to have a conversation to try and figure this out.

Alright, let's start with the obvious:

Toad led the wagon on our detective. In fact he had been sussing her since Day One. Now, unless Toad is just that good, I can't imagine he knew he was going after the detective even if he is mafia.
If he really is wolf, I imagine he picked a person who'd done a soft accusation but never really followed through and just tunneled on that. The fact that she ended up being the detective seems like dumb luck.
But, like I said yesterday before casting my vote, he honestly sounded like he's town and trying to figure things out and he made a very convincing argument (which could just be some good acting on his part).

Also, I want to say that regardless of what we do with this, we all are responsible for our own votes. Toad did not force anyone's hand, and if we are to vote him based on this, I'd like it to be after hearing his side and not blindly revenge-voting. After all, we don't get another chance.

To be honest, for me the most suspicious thing was that, despite switching his vote on Day One after Catharina's snipe, on Day Two he kept insisting on Misty despite outright calling Catharina sus. In addition, he's the only person consistently calling Tessa town from the get go (or bleeding town, whatever that means).

Now, Catharina on the other hand, has been sus since her incredible snipe, and it's very likely that if the Misty wagon hadn't happened, she would have been the one to go yesterday. I'm personally not fully convinced by her reasoning, and most of her following posts has been reiterating information that had already been said by others.
To be fair, a lot of that could be a result of inexperience (something I know all too well) and the one post of hers that made be truly doubt if she's mafia was the one where she answered Toad about "how the night was for her". I don't know that that's enough to convince me (especially since if she and Toad are a pair they could have staged it), but it's more than enough to give me pause.

Tessa is the strangest case for me. She had a rocky beginning and was sussed for no particular reason, and then had a rollercoaster of votes and debates (mostly with Dino). Now, as I said before, that only made me think that she was floundering trying to navigate being new at this game while being hard sussed for something she couldn't really defend against. It's her following silence that's strange to me. Despite being rather verbal at the first day and a half, we've hardly heard from her since, even when she voted on Misty she said she would explain and then didn't.
If I'm being honest I don't know what to do with this information. It's for sure kinda sus, but at the same time I understand where she's coming from.

I'm still mostly neutral about Ace. It seems like he's been mostly chilling, never really hard accusing anyone until just now. I don't want to say he's town because I can see him just kinda laying low until the last possible moment. And, while I know his claim of me being town is correct, it could also be an attempt at marinating me, so I'm a bit wary.

As for pairings, the one that seems most likely to me right know is Toad/Catharina for reasons stated above.

Toad/Tessa is another possibility, with him trying to take eyes away from her, both by soft clearing her and by telling her to lay low.

Ace/Toad is possible but, I think, unlikely. Or at least it's unlikely that we'll win if that's the pair.

Ace/Tessa seems more possible than Ace/Catharina, but I'm not really sold on either of those.

Catharina/Tessa is a possibility I suppose, and if it's them, they deserve massive kudos for making it this far while both being heavily sussed for most of the game.

So, yeah, I'm mostly leaning towards Toad/Catharina right now.

One thing before I stop talking:

I went back and looked at the posts Misty made on Day Two (when she would have had the results from her first investigation). All I got was that she initially sussed Tessa and then ended up voting Catharina. She didn't provide any information beyond what had already been said, so make of that what will. It could very well mean nothing.

I'm not voting yet. I don't want to get in my own head and rush this. I want to hear what you guys have to say before making a decision. After all, my track record isn't that great since all I've done so far is talk a bunch, try (and fail) to figure out who the mafia members are, and ultimately vote to murder a townie. Also, I'd really prefer not to write something this big again.

I hope my ovethinking and excessive use of commas helps us win this.

I'm not trying to marinate you, out of everyone, you have the most consistent game, Toad's Ace/Anna combo out of the blue and without any reasoning, that only confirms you are town because it would be super bold to throw you like that when you were never suss. In mafia you don't only need to look for the bad guys, also the good ones, and you not jumping into my town read, speaks good about you.

Catharina is my top choice, and the interactions between Toads and Catharina, after the snipe went like this: you are a wolf, no I'm not, okay I believe you.

Misty probably checked Volt N1 and that is why there was no reason to come out, yet if you are being killed, you should, we could have voted somewhere else, but I won't hold that against Misty, those are things you learn with experience and experience only, but I need to point that out.

I really want to hear about Tessa's reads and I hope she comes back.

My only teams right now are
Toads/Catharina
Tessa/Catharina
Toads/Tessa

Right now my vote is on Catharina and I don't have a reason to change it, you also suss gives me confidence, yet I like that you are not voting yet.

So my top 1 guess for now is toad/tessa (I honestly don’t trust anyone 100% tho).
I didn’t suspect Toad before but after I’ve read Anna’s post I'm really thinking he is the most suspicious. The biggest reason why I didn’t suspect him was because of him not suspecting me even though that could have been easily done, but honestly toad is an experienced player and he knows that i’m new and my guess is that he wanted to build my trust (which he did) So that I would trust him more and follow with his posts. Or he even wanted to make the conversation between me and him look forced on purpose? But now that I read back he did push misty and protected Tessa. I really hope he comes back to give his thoughts. Tessa hasn’t said a lot ,and I really had the feeling she wasn’t mafia before but honestly I think that toad/tessa would really work as they haven’t really sussed each other at all (especially toad really said a lot of times that tessa bleeded town). I hope they both say their thoughts as I want everyone's perspective. (before giving my actual thoughts).

It seems we're running out of time. Is no one else around?

Welp its gonna be chaos at the end or just silence. :/ I'm here tho so you can ask me anything if that helps

Toad does seem like the common denominator for the pairs I'm most sus of (tho tbh his silence feels more like he's town who just gave up?), but like I said I'm hesitant to vote him without hearing his side.

Unless Catharina can convince me to vote either Toad or Tessa then that's gonna be my vote.

Well I understand that I did some questionable things and when I read your thoughts I'm really like wow I do look sus, I genuinely tried my best and please keep in mind that I'm new ( I know it's bad to just say look at me im a newbie but yeah). I guess im gonna vote toad? I really really hope he will say something tho as I do want to hear his statement but for me he is the most sus and I feel like he could be teamed with the most

Toad does seem like the common denominator for the pairs I'm most sus of (tho tbh his silence feels more like he's town who just gave up?), but like I said I'm hesitant to vote him without hearing his side.

Unless Catharina can convince me to vote either Toad or Tessa then that's gonna be my vote.

Not saying this is the case, but usually in mafia games, silence is something that is more common with mafia.
Especially in the last day.

Well I understand that I did some questionable things and when I read your thoughts I'm really like wow I do look sus, I genuinely tried my best and please keep in mind that I'm new ( I know it's bad to just say look at me im a newbie but yeah). I guess im gonna vote toad? I really really hope he will say something tho as I do want to hear his statement but for me he is the most sus and I feel like he could be teamed with the most

I get you are new at this, but if you are mafia, you have a team mate and can be telling you what to do.

Thats true but why dont get the "teammate that is telling me what to do" first then?

It's looking like I'm gonna the super fun job of being the tie breaker, and can I just say: w h y
Post automatically merged:

But, really, right now if it's not Toad then either Ace is playing me like a fiddle or Tessa and Catharina are a team and fully deserve to win.

Oh for goodness sake Ace.
I was hoping you'd get in my brain for once and turns out you were evil the whole time. Dangit.

I'm so so so sorry!!! I hate being mafia with a passion.
@DinoTown GOAT!
@voltairenism Sorry you always die
@thetessagrace GG partner!
@Catharina266 sorry I pushed you! :(
@AnnaSt well played, you sorry I fooled you
@Miss Misty sorry for the push well played
@PandaDarling I needed to protect my teammate
@toadsworthy welcome back! gg

@Damniel thank you for hosting!!

Oh for goodness sake Ace.
I was hoping you'd get in my brain for once and turns out you were evil the whole time. Dangit.

Sorry :( I play like a normal person and it hurt my brain.

I'm so so so sorry!!! I hate being mafia with a passion.
@DinoTown GOAT!
@voltairenism Sorry you always die
@thetessagrace GG partner!
@Catharina266 sorry I pushed you! :(
@AnnaSt well played, you sorry I fooled you
@Miss Misty sorry for the push well played
@PandaDarling I needed to protect my teammate
@toadsworthy welcome back! gg

@Damniel thank you for hosting!!

Sorry :( I play like a normal person and it hurt my brain.
Which of you wanted to kill me because I have been going insane over here. I figured out that Misty knew Tessa was mafia and I could prove it but i DIED before I could explain and was relying on YOU to figure it out instead because I thought the other mafia was TOAD

Back