Hot Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
I was lucky enough to piece together an old anime set with mostly new, unused discs. I had to buy two volumes used. Technically I had to rebuy two volumes, because there was a three disc lot with volume three, and that was the only listing in the U.S. with volume three under thirty bucks that wasn't listing with a stock image.

Anyway, one of the discs came with a thick strand of hardened beige mystery goo on the back of the case. It looks like either wax or caramel. I'm not sure what it smells like. I was able to peel it off in a couple chunks with gloves, and wipe the case down with some isopropyl alcohol. I did message the seller just to ask if if they know what the goo is.

Would you give them a neutral or positive feedback point?

if the discs are still able to serve their intended purpose and the goo wasn’t hard work to get off, i would leave positive feedback. i think i’d make note of the goo in the feedback though.

While I personally agree with Beanz on the matter, this feels like a matter that depends on the person and their preferences. I'm not really someone who cares much at all about the cases things come in so long as the item is in tact, and if it serves a function like these discs do, if it can still serve that function.

However, some people are collectors and/or simply do place value on this sort of thing. While you were able to remove whatever "goo" was on it, was there any damage to the case left either by its initial presence or the removal process? Like, is there any image or text or anything that got messed up as a result? If you put it on a shelf, does it look bad? These sort of issues come to mind.

Another layer comes in with regards to whether photographs of the item were provided by the seller (which it seems there was at least one) and if this mysterious substance could be seen in the photographs. If there were multiple photographs from different angles, including the back, and if the substance can be seen in it, then it can be argued that it must not have been much of a factor in the decision to purchase. If there was just one photograph that was a frontal shot then it's more up in the air.

Not being able to see what this "goo" looked like, for all I know it might have just been some sort of glue or other adhesive that had long since dried.

Again, personally, I'd just give them Positive feedback so long as the disc is fully functional if it was advertised as such in the description. I can see why someone might leave Neutral feedback, but if it didn't leave any lasting impact on the case (if that's important to you on any level) and especially if the seller actually responds earnestly to your inquiry, then Neutral seems like it would be needlessly harsh and a bit Karenesque. Also, considering what you said about it being the only listing in the U.S. under $30 that you could find that wasn't just utilizing a stock image, at some point it's a you get what you pay for situation. I'd just be glad to have the thing in the first place at the price point you were aiming for. Sounds good enough for me.

Last edited:
I agree with the others. If the disc works as intended, I’d leave a positive review but mention the goo and the fact that you were able to safely remove it.

While I personally agree with Beanz on the matter, this feels like a matter that depends on the person and their preferences. I'm not really someone who cares much at all about the cases things come in so long as the item is in tact, and if it serves a function like these discs do, if it can still serve that function.

However, some people are collectors and/or simply do place value on this sort of thing. While you were able to remove whatever "goo" was on it, was there any damage to the case left either by its initial presence or the removal process? Like, is there any image or text or anything that got messed up as a result? If you put it on a shelf, does it look bad? These sort of issues come to mind.

Another layer comes in with regards to whether photographs of the item were provided by the seller (which it seems there was at least one) and if this mysterious substance could be seen in the photographs. If there were multiple photographs from different angles, including the back, and if the substance can be seen in it, then it can be argued that it must not have been much of a factor in the decision to purchase. If there was just one photograph that was a frontal shot then it's more up in the air.

Not being able to see what this "goo" looked like, for all I know it might have just been some sort of glue or other adhesive that had long since dried.

Again, personally, I'd just give them Positive feedback so long as the disc is fully functional if it was advertised as such in the description. I can see why someone might leave Neutral feedback, but if it didn't leave any lasting impact on the case (if that's important to you on any level) and especially if the seller actually responds earnestly to your inquiry, then Neutral seems like it would be needlessly harsh and a bit Karenesque. Also, considering what you said about it being the only listing in the U.S. under $30 that you could find that wasn't just utilizing a stock image, at some point it's a you get what you pay for situation. I'd just be glad to have the thing in the first place at the price point you were aiming for. Sounds good enough for me.
The mystery goo was on the back of the case. The product photo was kind of a weird selfie with the product over his face. I just sent him a message saying "What is this hardened mystery goo on the dvd case I just received in the mail?" He responded with "probably a piece of the case" and asks if the tape plays. I'll find out tomorrow after work.

Back