• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC 3DS Release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rly hope it does come out spring 2012 like everyone is saying, but I highly doubt it :/. It will probably be like most Animal Crossing games and come out during fall/late summer.
They haven't named it yet, they haven't finished it yet... it's almost spring and they haven't done anything yet but show little bits and pieces of it. So don't get your hopes up!

Last edited:
I was going to post this in a new topic but here will be fine. I am comparing how long it took from the first time we heard of Animal Crossing City Folk to the release date, and applying it to Animal Crossing 3DS.

I was curious to see how long we would have to wait if history were to repeat itself for Animal Crossing 3DS. It's also fun re-living how ACCF came to be.

Animal Crossing City Folk
May 19, 2005 ? Animal Crossing Revolution Rumored
Sep. 13, 2006 ? Animal Crossing for the Wii Announced ? Release Date?TBA
Jun. 11, 2008 ? Animal Crossing City Folk Named at E3
Jul. 15, 2008 ? North American Release Date Announced
Nov. 16, 2008 ? Released for North America

First news to release ? 3 years 221 days

Animal Crossing (3DS)
Jun. 15, 2010 ? Animal Crossing (3DS) Announced

First news to the date of this post ? 1 year 199 days

So, ACCF was released the year it was announced, but it was being developed in secret for 3 years before that. At E3 2010 Animal Crossing for the 3DS was announced and a small clip was shown, but it was very early in development, some people were even saying it was just a tech demo. This might be wild speculation but if they had the same development time, we still might have to wait until next year.

Nintendo officially announced it to come out in 2012 for NA. The only thing Nintendo hasn't announced yet is the month and day!

Most are hoping for an early release (spring), but I doubt it.

Ummm well i went into Gamestop today and I've had it per-ordered for a while now and the guy said that its coming out on may 2nd.

Nintendo officially announced it to come out in 2012 for NA. The only thing Nintendo hasn't announced yet is the month and day!

Most are hoping for an early release (spring), but I doubt it.

See this post people? This one I'm quoting right here?

This is the ONLY official information we, retailers, and everyone else in the world have. TBA 2012.
Unless you hear it from Nintendo, it's wrong. Instead of getting all worked up over what month it's going to come out, realize that it is only Feb. Also realize that Nintendo always releases a good bit of information on a game when it's close to being released.

We barely know anything on the game at all, so chances are it isn't coming out anytime soon.

also, this is directed towards the people whining, not you Chubz.

I was just saying that's what he said. of course its different depending where you live but not too different so ya i was just putting it out there.

I was just saying that's what he said. of course its different depending where you live but not too different so ya i was just putting it out there.

That may be, but Gamestop is known for false information. They have moved the release date at least 3 times that I have been able to ascertain since I found out that it was coming out. Until Nintendo themselves comes out with the release date, Gamestop has no better idea when it is coming out any more than the rest of us. They use the date as a placeholder to pre-sell the game.

I am not saying you are wrong, they told me the same thing when I preordered my two copies of it, but I am saying that they are known for this.

O...... Thanks for letting me know. I've only preordered with Gamestop twice and the last time was so long ago I forgot if it was right date that they told me. I know that its not the right date till Nintendo releases the real date but I was just putting out what I heard.

There's an article that says its coming out in the summer. I'm not sure how reliable it is, but...
GDC could always mention something I guess. And E3 of course, will show it. BUT THATS IN JUNE!!

People need to stop saying about Gamestop.
The dates at Gamestop are always placeholders!
If nintendo.com puts up a date or EBgames than it might be the release date.
Otherwise wait until E3 for information.

People need to stop saying about Gamestop.
The dates at Gamestop are always placeholders!
If nintendo.com puts up a date or EBgames than it might be the release date.
Otherwise wait until E3 for information.
this, and I can't second this any more

Although they didn't release a specific date yet I'm still glad that they confirmed that it will be out this year. At least that is good to know. If the game was to be released in 2013 then I don't think I would've gotten my 3DS at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back