• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC announced for Switch - Now what?

JCnator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
16 days after I "left" The Bell Tree Forums for the most part, a new mainline Animal Crossing installment has finally been announced at the very last minute of the latest Nintendo Direct. So I figured it would be the appropriate time writing down what I'll be doing here.

Since all we know so far is that they're releasing it for Switch next year, there's not a whole lot to discuss about the upcoming entry aside of speculating a very vast sea of possibilities. The latter isn't something that I'm much interested on doing, but here's a few guesses I could think of:

• The Switch installment definitely isn't going to be a port of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. They would've made it crystal clear by now if it was the case.
  • Most (if not all) of the items introduced in Pocket Camp will appear, regardless on how to obtain them
  • As all Switch game cards lack flash memory inside, the game will save at least one town in the console's internal memory
  • Given the franchise never allowed us to move/copy the town data, it'll likely be impossible to backup to Nintendo's cloud server

That's pretty much all I had to say about the Switch installment. Until we receive more details about the game, I'll continue staying mostly inactive in TBT Forums.

Back