• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are You Ready for the Nintendo Switch 2?

It would seem rumours are ever more persistent on the unveiling happening this month...

If they do offer backwards compatibility on the new console, then it would be a quick upgrade for me. If not, then I'll probably hold out until the next Animal Crossing game is announced. If it's offered, I imagine they'll handle the new cartridges for the system similar to the 3DS with a notch somewhere to prevent insertion into Switch consoles.

System specs will matter to me as well -- it doesn't have to be PS5/Series X levels of impressive, but it's got to be a significant improvement over the Switch. I'll specifically be looking at the RAM amount and GPU specs. I say this because the frames in New Horizons would drop significantly with occasional texture pop-ins if one were to put too much stuff on the screen at once. If we want a bigger town to work with or first-person views in the next game, the system will have to handle those things properly.

I think it will be another hybrid like the Switch, but have an extra gimmick with it. Kinda like what the 3DS was for the regular DS. Price wise I think it will be $350-$400 in the U.S. on launch. Power wise I think it will be in between the base PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I think the Switch was too successful for it to be discontinued right away. I imagine some smaller first party games and indie games will still be released on it for a few more years even after the new console’s launch, although they will be less frequent than in the past.
Eh, I think it'll be more in the $450-500 price range but I hope you're right. Chances are though it's going to have a better graphics card and stronger processing power to keep up with the PS5 and Xbox 1. I kinda hope it doesn't, and stays more in line with the steamdeck, but who knows currently.

I agree with you on that point tho, much like the 3DS I doubt it'll get discontinued right away, especially considering like everyone has one and will still want online support as the Switch 2 will sell out no doubt and people will have to wait to get their hands on one.

My prediction is that the screen will be like the Samsung Fold, all screens touchable whether it's Switch or DS mode.

Editorial_Foldable_main2F.gif

Would calling it the Switch DS (dual screen) be too corny? Or SP since the Gameboy Advance SP (Special) was also foldable.

The only argument against this would be the Joy Cons staying the same, half the size of it would be pretty thin for a handheld console.

Genuinely though, if the next Switch is not an advancement in technology and has exclusives because of that, my OLED will be fine for me.

Back